Stockholm

Does anyone know where the Voyager will dock when in Stockholm? We will only be there for a day and a half........Is there any MUST see sight that we shouldn't miss? We're great ones for just walking around, love local markets, etc. Any suggestions, greatfully accepted!

We're staying at Regent's digs, the Scandic Grand Central.

Ralph Grizzle ("The Avid Cruiser") posted a YouTube that describes 2 perfect days in Stockholm.

He's got a few other Stockholm videos too. The one I posted was especially nice and got me very fired up for our stay.

Edited by cAPS lOCK oN

Last time we docked in Stockholm several years ago we were almost adjacent to WW11 Resistance Museum - WELL WORTH visiting it!

Edited by TedC

Hi Mudhen - I'll be on the June 14 Voyager cruise, departing from Stockholm. According to the final documents I just received, the Voyager will be docked at the "Frihamnen F638 Cruise Ship Terminal". If you look at a map of Stockholm, Frihamnen is on to the east side of the city. According to the Stockholm visitors website, Frihamnen is 3 kilometers from the city center and takes about 10 minutes to get there by taxi. Average taxi fare from Gamla Stan to the terminal is supposed to be somewhere between $27-$38. Regards

The location for the dock varies. We were pretty far from downtown once, but very close another time, both on regent. And it can change. But where ever, I highly recommend the vasa museum. Strangely compelling, but very well done.

I imagine any museum dedicated to Swedish Resistance would be rather small.

Your imagination is WRONG. The museum is very extensive covering all resistance.

There's a great hop on hop off boat which does a good circular tour at frequent intervals. One stop is the Vasa (I agree, a must-see), from where it's easy to walk along to the ABBA museum or visit the Skansen open air museum, if either of those are of interest. You can also get off in the old town and stroll around for a while, before heading into the city centre if you like. There are several stops and one might be nearby the Voyager's berth - well worth investigating, since the fresh air on the water is a very pleasant way to manage jet lag!

Hi Mudhen - I'll be on the June 14 Voyager cruise, departing from Stockholm. According to the final documents I just received, the Voyager will be docked at the "Frihamnen F638 Cruise Ship Terminal". If you look at a map of Stockholm, Frihamnen is on to the east side of the city. According to the Stockholm visitors website, Frihamnen is 3 kilometers from the city center and takes about 10 minutes to get there by taxi. Average taxi fare from Gamla Stan to the terminal is supposed to be somewhere between $27-$38. Regards

Thank you for the information. Apparently this website is interesting but not correct http://www.stockholmshamnar.se/en/Map/Vessel-traffic/ . We will be on the same cruise as Mudhen plus the segment following that. Hope you will find time to post from the Voyager:-)

Thank you for the information. Apparently this website is interesting but not correct http://www.stockholmshamnar.se/en/Map/Vessel-traffic/ . We will be on the same cruise as Mudhen plus the segment following that. Hope you will find time to post from the Voyager:-)

Appears the linked website is correct and does show the Voyager at "Frihamnen F638"

Perhaps you were looking at a Voyager, not Regent Voyager on June 4??

• 4 weeks later...
I agree with the others about visiting the Vasa Museum. It was great! We had limited time in Stockholm as well. Did the Hop On Hop Off Bus, getting off at the Vasa and back on. Great overview of the city in a short amount of time.

Agree about the Vasa being a must stop and in addition to the hop on hop off bus, Stockholm also has a hop on hop off boat which we took and was very interesting and also stopped at the Vasa.