Mariner Onboard Collectible Gift?

rbp3072

I see that one * and above get an "Onboard Collectible Gift", but what is it? I'm waiting to disembark, but can't seem to recall receiving anything that would cover that. If we did, it certainly wasn't spelled out for us to ensure we realized it. (We did get our 2* lapel pins while on board, which was unexpected since I figured something so minor would just be mailed to us in the US Post post-cruise).

I'll do a review of our 9-day FLL to YQB on Sunday or Monday once we get back to Texas. Mostly awesome stuff, and a few minor annoyances, but overall I would be honored to be on the Veendam again.

The gift is the blue & white delft tile that is usually given to mariners at the mariner brunch. If you didn't go to the brunch, usually it is usually delivered to the cabin.

Sometimes, from what I've heard, they don't always get delivered. Some people have requested them from the front desk or from the Mariner Society after returning home.

Very nice!!!! I thought the tiles were an older thing that was no longer done. In that case, I will certainly shoot off an email later in the week to ensure I get my first tile to start my collection :-)

Thanks much.

And......just swung by the front desk and picked up our very first tiles. Yay! Now, to find a way to book more cruises so I can get enough tiles to remodel the bathroom, hehe.

And......just swung by the front desk and picked up our very first tiles. Yay! Now, to find a way to book more cruises so I can get enough tiles to remodel the bathroom, hehe.

Congratulations!

It's been a very long time since I've seen a tile in my room. I don't like them so it's no biggie to me. On my last cruise I was to receive my 300 day medal. I assumed it would be in my room. It wasn't so I asked about it in the Neptune. I had no reason to go there as I had already done my extra tipping so I assume I wouldn't have received it if I didn't ask or make another appearance.

I see that one * and above get an "Onboard Collectible Gift", but what is it? I'm waiting to disembark, but can't seem to recall receiving anything that would cover that. If we did, it certainly wasn't spelled out for us to ensure we realized it. (We did get our 2* lapel pins while on board, which was unexpected since I figured something so minor would just be mailed to us in the US Post post-cruise).

I'll do a review of our 9-day FLL to YQB on Sunday or Monday once we get back to Texas. Mostly awesome stuff, and a few minor annoyances, but overall I would be honored to be on the Veendam again.

Congratulations on becoming a 2 star Mariner.

Glad you got your tiles.

OP... Happy you got your tiles before you left the ship.

Aren't you happy you asked here while you were still aboard?

We redid a bathroom about a year and a half ago and I had the contractor design the tile pattern to include some of our Mariner tiles. It looks fabulous!! I think a using all HAL tiles would be a bit much :eek: but having some accent ones in the design worked out great. :)

Safe home!

OP... Happy you got your tiles before you left the ship.

Aren't you happy you asked here while you were still aboard?

We redid a bathroom about a year and a half ago and I had the contractor design the tile pattern to include some of our Mariner tiles. It looks fabulous!! I think a using all HAL tiles would be a bit much :eek: but having some accent ones in the design worked out great. :)

The accent idea is great. I have a tile bar in the family room and the previous owners used tiles that have copies of wine bottle labels as accents it it really works out nicely.

DaveOKC