Why Oh Why Do I Read Those Brochures?

ducklite

We were planning on skipping cruising next year in favor of a land based trip to London. Then the 2014/15 catalogue arrived. As I perused through it, I saw the Lisbon to London Culinary and Wine Delights of Spain and France sailing...

I have a feeling we'll only have a couple of days in London at the end of our cruise.

The new brochure (the big one) is full of eye candy, and they certainly have many new itineraries for next year.

Sailing into Amsterdam with the tall ships certainly caught my eye, but the rest of the cruise is "who cares". Too bad, but not worth it for the tall ships alone.

Before the brochure and the Trans-pacific and the 1st Tahiti cruise which by the way were fabulous and will write a review at the end of the week, we reserved the Tall Ships Cruise sounds great. We were at the Tall Ships in Boston 1976 it was amazingly beautiful. We talked to the captain who was in the planning of the Tall Ships in Amsterdam and we are so excited, Windstar is pulling out everything for this one! We are 6 couples who signed up before we left 4/13. Loved the brochure wish I could go every other week! Have lots of info to share. Susanne

As enticing as it was, we've decided to spend a couple weeks land based in London instead. Got the tickets a couple days ago--BA First for a very reasonable amount of miles (still have enough for two business in Qantas to Australia leftover!) and am working in booking the rental flat we've chosen today. We made a plan some years ago to do a "blow-out" trip every other year and a more financially modest trip in between, and the cruise that had piqued our interest was more than double for 11 days including a couple pre and post what 15 days in London will run us. We decided to stick to the plan and hopefully will cruise again in 2016.