Price drop

SissasMomE

You need a cruise Out To Sea

You really need to take your mind off constantly worrying if anyone is upgrading a cabin or getting OBC. You need a cruise to take your mind off of constantly worrying about other people.

I sure hope you enjoy your cruise :)

P.S. The Epic has good deals now. We don't want to know if you get an upgrade or OBC. That is your business and we truly don't care. We just wish you the best of times. The spa pass and a day at the spa may take your mind off my $160 OBC from 2013 ;)+ The Epic has the BIGGEST spa at sea!

You need a cruise Out To Sea

You really need to take your mind off constantly worrying if anyone is upgrading a cabin or getting OBC. You need a cruise to take your mind off of constantly worrying about other people.

I sure hope you enjoy your cruise :)

P.S. The Epic has good deals now. We don't want to know if you get an upgrade or OBC. That is your business and we truly don't care. We just wish you the best of times. The spa pass and a day at the spa may take your mind off my $160 OBC from 2013 ;)+ The Epic has the BIGGEST spa at sea!

I already have two cruises booked on the Sun. Cruised the Epic and don't care for her at all. I won;t be getting any OBC or an upgrade as I won't be spending the time to look for one after final payment date. I'll be more busy deciding where to go using the UDP I got for DW and myself and what excursions to take.

I'll give you one point though, I do need a cruise. December was my last and I have to wait until Thanksgiving for the next. Luckily it's a B2B so I'll get enough days at sea to hold me over till Alaska next summer.

You can rationalize it anyway you want but you were looking for OBC. You yourself said and I quote "I said immediately that an upsell wasn't on my radar.". Therefore, the only reason you initiated the contact was to get cash. You felt you were entitled to something because the price dropped after final payment date otherwise, you would not have called. Am i morally superior as one here has claimed.......no. I simply know right from wrong and know what the rules are and follow them without trying to get someone to bend the rules for me.

I also said that if NCL said there's nothing else they could do the phone call would have ended. The FACTS are that not only did THEY say "let me see what we can do" and the did do OBC, but the second caller from NCL ended the call by saying "keep checking the price and we'll see what we can do".

I called to inquire...not to be entitled, demand or even request. In the end, NCL offered something I never asked for. Would anyone turn it down?? I think not.

I will say it once more and then I...along with SissaMom...am out of this (at this point) pointless discussion: It never, ever, hurts to ask. Especially if the person asking is prepared for the answer "no". But as NCL has shown me in the past week, "yes" is a real possibility. And I, for one, am grateful.

Update to the "price dropped 230.00pp two days after final" for the 6 BCs in our group for our July Breakaway sailing. The group coordinator called those affected and have upgraded those 6 cabins to MBs; which by the way are currently priced 30.00pp less than the original BC. The new cabins are in a much better location, and with slightly more elbow room, everyone is happy.

Our three B1s had a drop prior to final and have held steady since, but there are still quite a few left. Those of us in the aft chose these cabins specifically, and have 3 insides right nearby for the 17-20yr olds, so even in the event they would upgrade us, it's very unlikely we'd want to move anyway.

The End :)

Update to the "price dropped 230.00pp two days after final" for the 6 BCs in our group for our July Breakaway sailing. The group coordinator called those affected and have upgraded those 6 cabins to MBs; which by the way are currently priced 30.00pp less than the original BC. The new cabins are in a much better location, and with slightly more elbow room, everyone is happy.

Our three B1s had a drop prior to final and have held steady since, but there are still quite a few left. Those of us in the aft chose these cabins specifically, and have 3 insides right nearby for the 17-20yr olds, so even in the event they would upgrade us, it's very unlikely we'd want to move anyway.

The End :)

Congratulations!

I also said that if NCL said there's nothing else they could do the phone call would have ended. The FACTS are that not only did THEY say "let me see what we can do" and the did do OBC, but the second caller from NCL ended the call by saying "keep checking the price and we'll see what we can do".

I called to inquire...not to be entitled, demand or even request. In the end, NCL offered something I never asked for. Would anyone turn it down?? I think not.

I will say it once more and then I...along with SissaMom...am out of this (at this point) pointless discussion: It never, ever, hurts to ask. Especially if the person asking is prepared for the answer "no". But as NCL has shown me in the past week, "yes" is a real possibility. And I, for one, am grateful.

Love the word games people use to soothe one's conscience. Since you knew before you picked up the phone that you did not want an upsell (which actually would be okay), just what were you calling to "inquire" about......the weather?? :rolleyes:

Edited by Out to sea!

Love the word games people use to soothe one's conscience. Since you knew before you picked up the phone that you did not want an upsell (which actually would be okay), just what were you calling to "inquire" about......the weather?? :rolleyes:

No word games- no excuses, no guilt - -- Why not ASK for a better deal, I don't understand the problem. Some people feel confortable asking-- some don't. Why is anybody wrong?

buy a Blender and see that the next day the store puts it on sell. My sister goes to the store and asks for the difference. I don't. neither is worng - just different ----

Buy a cruise and notice the price has gone down? Ask-- Don't Ask--What's the big deal?

Regardless if you think people are or are not "ENTITLED" ---Newsbreak - You are not the "ENTITLED" police. Leave it up to the Company to establish and Follow their own policy and stop speaking for them.

on another note----You say "Squeeky Wheel" like it's a bad thing??? What's wrong with asking for a little bit of oil?

No word games- no excuses, no guilt - -- Why not ASK for a better deal, I don't understand the problem. Some people feel confortable asking-- some don't. Why is anybody wrong?

buy a Blender and see that the next day the store puts it on sell. My sister goes to the store and asks for the difference. I don't. neither is worng - just different ----

Buy a cruise and notice the price has gone down? Ask-- Don't Ask--What's the big deal?

Regardless if you think people are or are not "ENTITLED" ---Newsbreak - You are not the "ENTITLED" police. Leave it up to the Company to establish and Follow their own policy and stop speaking for them.

on another note----You say "Squeeky Wheel" like it's a bad thing??? What's wrong with asking for a little bit of oil?

If after reading this thread you still have to ask these questions, there is no point answering as there is no way you will be able to comprehend the answer.

Edited by Out to sea!

If after reading this thread you still have to ask these questions, there is no point answering as there is no way you will be able to comprehend the answer.

That's right - if i don't agree with you i must be ignorant.

What, no comment about letting the Company make and Follow their own Policy?

I must have missed the part where you presented yourself as CEO and chief policy maker for all the cruiselines.

Silly me --- Of course your rules and expectations of human behavior overrule the Companies past and current pratices.

The whole practice seems like In n Out's "secret" menu. Or last minute cheap upgrades to first class when the plane still has room. Available to anyone, as long as they know to ask.

Pretty harmless.

Unless you get the Animal Fries.

The whole practice seems like In n Out's "secret" menu. Or last minute cheap upgrades to first class when the plane still has room. Available to anyone, as long as they know to ask.

Pretty harmless.

Unless you get the Animal Fries.

I like that Example - Cadien -- the Secret Menu -- like a bonus for those who take the effort to seek it out.

But like the Animal Style Fries- be careful what you ask for.:eek: