Price drop

SissasMomE

Not sure which cruises are affected by this, but my Thanksgiving cruise price just dropped $500. Hope this helps someone save money too!

Good for you! My Thanksgiving cruise is currently priced at 150% of the price I originally paid. :)

Great news for you!!

My July cruise on the Gem dropped nearly $300 per person. I emailed my PCC but he's currently on the Getaway (lucky him!). I called and left a message for the person listed on his 'auto reply' email yesterday but haven't heard back yet. Would all you clever CC advisers think it wise for me to call the main number and see what, if anything they can do? I don't want to be on hold for eons, but there's only one more cabin available in my category so I don't want to lose out on any possible advantage.

Thanks...and Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there!:)

Great news for you!!

My July cruise on the Gem dropped nearly $300 per person. I emailed my PCC but he's currently on the Getaway (lucky him!). I called and left a message for the person listed on his 'auto reply' email yesterday but haven't heard back yet. Would all you clever CC advisers think it wise for me to call the main number and see what, if anything they can do? I don't want to be on hold for eons, but there's only one more cabin available in my category so I don't want to lose out on any possible advantage.

Thanks...and Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there!:)

My PCC is currently on the Getaway too LOL Must be the same guy. I love him - he's great!!

You can call the main number. Just tell them he's on vacation and you can't wait for his return.

my cruise dropped in price by about $400..i wish ncl can give me a credit for it..kinda of sucks that i sail in 20 days :(

Kinda what I like about Carnival - you can get price drops up until two days prior to sailing when you book their Early Saver rate (deposit is non-refundable), and we always had a nice chunk of OBC by the time we've sailed.

This past Tues was our Breakaway pay-in-full date - there are 6 BC cabins in our group that dropped 230.00pp two days later on Thurs... I think that kinda sucks. We're in a B1, and thankfully our price drop happened prior to final pyt. The others have called our PCC and he's been MIA ever since final pyt. Even if he can't offer compensation, at least call your customers back.

I called the main number for NCL and with nearly no wait got connected to a great rep who initially offered only an upgrade. She stated that if I refused, the policy is that NCL will do nothing else. I explained that I love our cabin (OS on deck 10) and that I was not interested in any upgrade. I love being forward and watching the water as opposed to mid-ship and looking at the pool deck. She put me on hold and came back with an offer of $145 OBC. I'm very, very happy and she was great! I told her she should be a PCC!!:)

Once again...it never, ever, hurts to ask!!!!

I called the main number for NCL and with nearly no wait got connected to a great rep who initially offered only an upgrade. She stated that if I refused, the policy is that NCL will do nothing else. I explained that I love our cabin (OS on deck 10) and that I was not interested in any upgrade. I love being forward and watching the water as opposed to mid-ship and looking at the pool deck. She put me on hold and came back with an offer of $145 OBC. I'm very, very happy and she was great! I told her she should be a PCC!!:)

Once again...it never, ever, hurts to ask!!!!

Hey - that's great!!

Wow, I'm glad you are paying attention! Thanks to this post, I just called and saved $325 between our two cabins, plus scored $100 OBC! Yay me! Yes, $325 is a strange number, but our invoice is in CAD. I'm so surprised it was valid for a December 21 cruise, but it was!!!! Thanks Sissas....

Edited by lisakoivu

Wow, I'm glad you are paying attention! Thanks to this post, I just called and saved $325 between our two cabins, plus scored $100 OBC! Yay me! Yes, $325 is a strange number, but our invoice is in CAD. I'm so surprised it was valid for a December 21 cruise, but it was!!!! Thanks Sissas....

Yay! Glad it helped others!

Not sure which cruises are affected by this, but my Thanksgiving cruise price just dropped $500. Hope this helps someone save money too!

That is a great mommmas day gift for you!,,yay!

More discretionary spending cash!,

Nora

Kinda what I like about Carnival - you can get price drops up until two days prior to sailing when you book their Early Saver rate (deposit is non-refundable), and we always had a nice chunk of OBC by the time we've sailed.

This past Tues was our Breakaway pay-in-full date - there are 6 BC cabins in our group that dropped 230.00pp two days later on Thurs... I think that kinda sucks. We're in a B1, and thankfully our price drop happened prior to final pyt. The others have called our PCC and he's been MIA ever since final pyt. Even if he can't offer compensation, at least call your customers back.

For some reason, I just can't grasp the idea of calling someone if you know you're not entitled to anything. :confused:

My PCC told me if the price drops after final payment, they will upgrade and if no upgrade is available, you get a portion of the price difference in OBC (sorry, I forgot the percentage). Prices have dropped on my cruise, but not the cabins I would upgrade too, yet! Still hoping. The weird thing is,the inside cabins have gone up to 900+, but balcony and mini-suites are between $479-$800 (dropped)?? why you you book inside for more than a balcony or mini-suite??? Makes no sense to me......

That is a great mommmas day gift for you!,,yay!

More discretionary spending cash!,

Nora

I agree! Happy Mother's Day Nora! I said it to you on another thread, but they just pulled the whole thread LOL Hope you had a great day!

For some reason, I just can't grasp the idea of calling someone if you know you're not entitled to anything. :confused:

The call is a request for compensation, not a demand. Thus entitlement doesn't enter the picture. Hope that helps you out with the grasping part.

my cruise dropped in price by about $400..i wish ncl can give me a credit for it..kinda of sucks that i sail in 20 days :(

Cruise lines do not give credit after final payment. I know it sucks, but look at it this way: you must have been satisfied with the price when you booked, so enjoy your cruise. Have you tried to get an upgrade of a small OBC?

that only applies to the early savor rate, not the basic rates. so, yes, if you have a certain promo you can get the better rate, this does not always work, In fact it works less than a small % of the time. I don't know how many times when I was an agent, I had to try and explain how these promos work. People just read and hear what they want. I do know sometimes there are good deals out there. One time we got upgraded, plus an obc of $100 and it only cost us $50.00 more. that was the best deal we have ever gotten.

Edited by newmexicoNita

The call is a request for compensation, not a demand. Thus entitlement doesn't enter the picture. Hope that helps you out with the grasping part.

Sorry, but I disagree. It is common knowledge that unless you are sailing with Carnival (and have booked ES rate), there is no compensation for price drops after final payment day, so whether the call is a request, demand, or a threat, the caller knows they are not entitled to any type of compensation and therefore are simply attempting to become the "squeaky wheel" that gets greased.

The fact that someone even looks at the price of their cruise "after" final payment date shows that they will try and be the "squeaky wheel" if given the chance.

Edited by Out to sea!

As the saying goes "never hurts to ask"

Depends on whether the saying applies to the person asking or the person being asked. ;)

I would agree with that saying if the person did not know (and that applies to anything in life, not just cruising) but if a person already knows and still asks, in my opinion, they are just being greedy.

As I stated before, why would a person even look at cruise prices for their cruise if they are already past final payment date? Since one knows they are not eligible for anything after that date, what's the point.......unless they are specifically looking to be the "squeaky wheel" waiting to be greased.

Edited by Out to sea!