Price drop

SissasMomE

Seriously? I guess money is no object for you then?;). You would just shell out an extra $1000 or so you could maybe not afford rather than book what was in your budget at the time? And then if prices dropped by $500 per person and you could get that cabin for the same price as the balcony you had, you would not want to take advantage of that? You are taking blasé to a whole new level.:cool:

I myself would rather not pay the Haven or Suite prices that sometimes exist when I book, usually well in advance. So I will just monitor prices and hope for price drops and maybe someday save myself some cash.

I book the cabin I want when I book my cruise. I've never not booked a cabin I wanted hoping I could book it later. I'm not sure why you would even think it's ok to "mock" me for booking what I want, rather than waiting and hoping for an upgrade later :rolleyes: I would never book a cruise or a cabin that I could not afford. If the price drops, great. I will call and get my adjustment ... but to sit there and "hope" for a different cabin after final payment? Uh, no. I've never done that, and can't see myself ever doing that. If it works for you, great.

Actually, according to many posts I have read on other threads, that is exactly what is portrayed.....people browbeating NCL (or other lines) to get something they clearly are not supposed to get and them come here and complain about it. But I have yet to see anyone answer why they call for something they know they are not entitled to (again, unless they are the squeaky wheel). Is it because they are afraid something else will get something they didn't? Or because they believe NCL is giving out all the freebies and they want theirs too? Please, just simply answer why people are wasting NCLs time calling, requesting, browbeating, begging for something they know they are not supposed to have? And no, as I've already stated, there is no rule requesting a paid for upgrade to a higher cat, I'm sure NCL loves that. But requesting free upgrades or OBC simply because the price is now lower (after final payment date), well, is just plain tacky, IMO.

I think it all depends on your situation. I am a solo cruiser. I have a great deal on the Getaway (M6 for just $1800!) so I don't think I will get a better deal than that. However I am also booked for a Studio on POA next July as part of a cruise tour (11 days $4400) and also in a studio on the Escape over NYE ($2000). Since there are only 4 studios on the POA I would rather have at least a balcony, however that is $2000 more, I would really like a Owners suite with large balcony but that's $8000 more. I will be watching the prices until final payment (in May) if I can get a balcony for $1000 more I will go for it, the Owners suite my top number is $6000 more. However if my price point is not met by that time I will keep watching those class rooms to see how well their selling and let NCL know that I would be willing to pay "X" amount to upgrade to a certain class room. That is not tacky, that is smart. NCL would rather upgrade me at a certain cost and get more money than they were than let cabin go empty or sail it at a lower price than what I'm offering. I would actually like to experience the solo studios on Escape so I probably won't watch that one as closely and NYE tends to sail out ships anyhow.

Nah. If I wanted that cabin, I would have booked it beforehand. That's just me though.

I book the cabin I want when I book my cruise. I've never not booked a cabin I wanted hoping I could book it later. I'm not sure why you would even think it's ok to "mock" me for booking what I want, rather than waiting and hoping for an upgrade later :rolleyes: I would never book a cruise or a cabin that I could not afford. If the price drops, great. I will call and get my adjustment ... but to sit there and "hope" for a different cabin after final payment? Uh, no. I've never done that, and can't see myself ever doing that. If it works for you, great.

Not mocking you, ( are you mocking those who can't always afford to book what they really want?), just trying to understand your logic. I think there are many who cannot always book the "cabin they want". If you can always do that, lucky you. Some of us must keep budget in mind. We book what we can afford and know we can be happy with. I do not sit around and "hope", I keep an eye out for price drops, both before and after final payment, and just maybe I can get that cabin I Really wanted, but couldn't afford when we booked.

Edited by punkincc

It is completely within the rules to request price reductions prior to final payment date (or completely cancel your cruise entirely if you wish). It is not within the rules to do so after final payment date. I guess technicalities aren't your thing. :rolleyes:

Ok, I will give it a whirl. Show me where or how in the world you say there is a RULE you cannot call and ASK for a price reduction after final payment date? You can't, so don't even bother.

I really think you are having a difficult time understanding some words. Rule, demand, ask, request. Look up a few of those in the dictionary and really try to grasp the meaning of those words.

That is as simple as I can make it for you. Class dismissed.

This thread makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Sherri, you really started something here;) But I don't understand the false premises and false allegations. NO ONE EVER stated they book a cabin and hope it falls in price so they can upgrade to the next level. Punkincc was merely talking the hypothetical IF and when a price dropped happened. What is the purpose of checking price drops and telling people on CC of a big price drop if you don't want people to take advantage of it. Its like a dog chasing its tail or talking out of both sides of the mouth. Then to shame people who want to take advantage. I don't understand the logic here.

Now to Out to Sea. I really want to end this conversation on a good note. You have many false impressions and false assumptions.

I book cruises a year out. Normally NEVER does the price drop from booking that far out. My current booked cabin is now $400 higher than when I originally booked. I doubt it will fall below what I have it booked for. But in 2012, I booked a 2 bedroom Epic suite 13 months prior to the Feb 2013 sailing. The price went up and up over the next year. One month out it fell $600 below what I had it booked for. I had already made final payment and knew I could not get the difference. There was also no where to upgrade to since there were 5 of us sailing in a 2 bedroom. I emailed my NCL PCC and asked her if anything could happen. NCL is the one that offered me something like $160 or something. It was about 1/5 of the price drop but I was so happy.

NCL is a good company and they treat their customers right. I did not complain or demand anything. It was the offering from NCL. But when this happens the people on the NCL board celebrate this token offering. Some may get a higher deck or a small upgrade. NCL is offering these things. On the NCL board we celebrate these small things. It is unheard of to tear into people about being squeaky wheels and complainers. Not everyone takes a year to pay off their cruise. Some pay it off right away and are more subject to price drops.

I don't understand where your anger comes from because someone gets an upgrade or small OBC.

Welcome to NCL. I suggest you get a NCL PCC that will help you book cruises and will remind you to ALWAYS check in with them about price drops. Maybe the lines you sail are not as good with customer service. But this is not customers taking advantage of anything. This is the offering from NCL. And that is why I sail NCL

Edited by david_sobe

Ok, I will give it a whirl. Show me where or how in the world you say there is a RULE you cannot call and ASK for a price reduction after final payment date? You can't, so don't even bother.

I really think you are having a difficult time understanding some words. Rule, demand, ask, request. Look up a few of those in the dictionary and really try to grasp the meaning of those words.

One word.........EXACTLY

And I think your looney, so it seems we both have our own opinions of each other. Of course there is no rule that says you can't ask for something you are not entitled to. i see selfish people do that all day long, every day of the week. Just like there are no rules that say people shouldn't be jerks, but I see those all day long as well. And how ridiculous it is (stupid actually) for someone to think there must be a rule to tell someone to act with integrity......it's what's expected of a civilized society (not that there really is such a thing anymore in the US).

BTW, my English is just fine. Too bad your rationalizations aren't. :rolleyes:

This thread makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Sherri, you really started something here;) But I don't understand the false premises and false allegations. NO ONE EVER stated they book a cabin and hope it falls in price so they can upgrade to the next level. Punkincc was merely talking the hypothetical IF and when a price dropped happened. What is the purpose of checking price drops and telling people on CC of a big price drop if you don't want people to take advantage of it. Its like a dog chasing its tail or talking out of both sides of the mouth. Then to shame people who want to take advantage. I don't understand the logic here.

Now to Out to Sea. I really want to end this conversation on a good note. You have many false impressions and false assumptions.

I book cruises a year out. Normally NEVER does the price drop from booking that far out. My current booked cabin is now $400 higher than when I originally booked. I doubt it will fall below what I have it booked for. But in 2012, I booked a 2 bedroom Epic suite 13 months prior to the Feb 2013 sailing. The price went up and up over the next year. One month out it fell $600 below what I had it booked for. I had already made final payment and knew I could not get the difference. There was also no where to upgrade to since there were 5 of us sailing in a 2 bedroom. I emailed my NCL PCC and asked her if anything could happen. NCL is the one that offered me something like $160 or something. It was about 1/5 of the price drop but I was so happy.

NCL is a good company and they treat their customers right. I did not complain or demand anything. It was the offering from NCL. But when this happens the people on the NCL board celebrate this token offering. Some may get a higher deck or a small upgrade. NCL is offering these things. On the NCL board we celebrate these small things. It is unheard of to tear into people about being squeaky wheels and complainers. Not everyone takes a year to pay off their cruise. Some pay it off right away and are more subject to price drops.

I don't understand where your anger comes from because someone gets an upgrade or small OBC.

Welcome to NCL. I suggest you get a NCL PCC that will help you book cruises and will remind you to ALWAYS check in with them about price drops. Maybe the lines you sail are not as good with customer service. But this is not customers taking advantage of anything. This is the offering from NCL. And that is why I sail NCL

One simple question. You stated NCL offered you something. Did they initiate the offer or were they greasing a squeaky wheel? In other words, would they have given you anything (a true offer is unsolicited) if you did not initiate the contact in requesting something you weren't entitled to? I'm surprised this is such a difficult concept to understand.

Just a quick note. Whether one pays in full or only a down payment prior to final payment date is immaterial. Final payment date for the cruise is the cutoff date because one can cancel in full without loss prior to that date, whether they only paid a deposit or in full. So it doesn't matter when one pays their cruise off, only what the actual final payment date for the cruise is.

Edited by Out to sea!

One simple question. You stated NCL offered you something. Did they initiate the offer or were they greasing a squeaky wheel? In other words, would they have given you anything (a true offer is unsolicited) if you did not initiate the contact in requesting something you weren't entitled to? I'm surprised this is such a difficult concept to understand.

Just a quick note. Whether one pays in full or only a down payment prior to final payment date is immaterial. Final payment date for the cruise is the cutoff date because one can cancel in full without loss prior to that date, whether they only paid a deposit or in full. So it doesn't matter when one pays their cruise off, only what the actual final payment date for the cruise is.

NOPE never asked for OBC or demanded anything. Stop with the false assumptions! I was never in the situation before and knew I could not get a price difference. Did not know what to expect. If they did not do anything, I would completely understand and not have a care in the world. I would not care at all. But was surprised when they gave me the small OBC. My PCC with NCL TELLS me to check for price differences. Simply doing what NCL asks of me!

Why are you so angry? Why do you care?

When you are constantly checking for price drops are you asking for something? Are you selfish like you are name calling others?

Have you looked the meanings of the words in the dictionary?

You say there is not civilized society in the United States? I don't understand you, sorry.

Edited by david_sobe

I guess I am simply one of those that does not pay much attention to the rates after I make my final payment. Yes, I will watch for rate drops on the cruise we have just booked for next April and Yes, I will let my agent know if there is a big drop but after final payment date I will let it be unless I just happen to catch a deal that is too good to refuse. This did happen once.

I certainly didn't mean to cause such a heated debate on price drops after final payment. I was looking at prices because there are still some friends who are thinking of booking, so as I was looking at rates for them, that is when I noticed a significant drop only two days after final payment. Do we feel entitled to receive the drop.. no - do we feel annoyed that it happened only two days later.. yeah. And those whose cabins are affected by this drop have absolutely contacted their PCP - and now we are a week later and he has yet to call or email anyone back. THAT to me is more annoying than the money.

I certainly didn't mean to cause such a heated debate on price drops after final payment. I was looking at prices because there are still some friends who are thinking of booking, so as I was looking at rates for them, that is when I noticed a significant drop only two days after final payment. Do we feel entitled to receive the drop.. no - do we feel annoyed that it happened only two days later.. yeah. And those whose cabins are affected by this drop have absolutely contacted their PCP - and now we are a week later and he has yet to call or email anyone back. THAT to me is more annoying than the money.

Vicki, your friends need to call the NCL 800# and talk to someone else. Their PCC may be on vacation or something. This is why I like using a TA, they are harder to ignore;). And if I were you, I would call for your own booking to see if there are any possible upgrades available. You might luck out like I did once. It does not happen frequently after final payment, but it does happen on some cruises that are not selling well. Mine was very early season Alaska, and I have not had it happen on a cruise since, but if you are seeing price drops, I would call. If they tell you nothing is possible, don't dwell on it. Just have a great cruise.

NOPE never asked for OBC or demanded anything. Stop with the false assumptions! I was never in the situation before and knew I could not get a price difference. Did not know what to expect. If they did not do anything, I would completely understand and not have a care in the world. I would not care at all. But was surprised when they gave me the small OBC. My PCC with NCL TELLS me to check for price differences. Simply doing what NCL asks of me!

Why are you so angry? Why do you care?

When you are constantly checking for price drops are you asking for something? Are you selfish like you are name calling others?

Have you looked the meanings of the words in the dictionary?

You say there is not civilized society in the United States? I don't understand you, sorry.

Yes, I'm sure your conversation with NCL went something like this.....you call (or email) "Hi NCL, I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done to get my cruise set up for me. Hope you have a nice day."....NCL responds "Wait Mr. X, before you go, since you have been such a loyal customer we noticed that the price of your cabin has dropped significantly so we'd like to offer you some OBC even though you didn't ask for it......how much would you like?". That would be a true unsolicited offer. But I suspect that the conversation went more along this line "Hi NCL, I just noticed the price of my cabin dropped significantly, is there something you can do for me?" and NCL responds " Sir, you are after final payment date." to which you reply "I know, but can you do something for me?" to which NCL responds "let me check with a supervisor..............yes, we will give you YYY OBC." (hardly an unsolicited offer as you are suggesting).

So, the question that no one has yet to answer is.....if you know you are not entitled to anything, why call (email) in the first place?

So, the question that no one has yet to answer is.....if you know you are not entitled to anything, why call (email) in the first place?

It's not necessarily a question of entitlement, as you keep saying. For example, I bought a pair of shoes on Sunday. I asked the clerk in a fun way if I get a 20% discount since it's Mother's Day? She responded with, "I wish!" It wasn't because I felt entitled in any way. I was buying the shoes anyhow, but had I gotten the discount, BONUS! It's the same thing.

Yes, I'm sure your conversation with NCL went something like this.....you call (or email) "Hi NCL, I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done to get my cruise set up for me. Hope you have a nice day."....NCL responds "Wait Mr. X, before you go, since you have been such a loyal customer we noticed that the price of your cabin has dropped significantly so we'd like to offer you some OBC even though you didn't ask for it......how much would you like?". That would be a true unsolicited offer. But I suspect that the conversation went more along this line "Hi NCL, I just noticed the price of my cabin dropped significantly, is there something you can do for me?" and NCL responds " Sir, you are after final payment date." to which you reply "I know, but can you do something for me?" to which NCL responds "let me check with a supervisor..............yes, we will give you YYY OBC." (hardly an unsolicited offer as you are suggesting).

What you fail to understand is that we KNOW we are not ENTITLED to anything. But we know that SOMETIMES, after price drops, certain things may be OFFERED. My conversation went something like this, "I've noticed that suite prices have dropped significantly, ( I was in a minisuite ) can you tell me what the possibilities are?". NCL's response was "We have a Penthouse xxx on deck 9 for an additional $90 per person, would you like to do this? When prices fell further, I again called to see if further upgrades were possible. "I see that prices have fallen further for suites, is anything possible?". NCL response, "I'm sorry, there are no further upgrades available, but we can offer you $xx of OBC.".

If at any point in the conversation, the response is I'm sorry, nothing can be done, there is simply a "Thank you for checking" response, end of story.

Most of us are not those people who book and then a few months later are posting and whining on C.C. about how unfair it is that NOW prices have fallen and they want a refund of the difference. We know that is not going to happen. But when prices fall significantly, SOMEONE is going to book those cabins. Is there any reason it should not be ME, just because I am already booked in a lower category? If I sat and waited for NCL to call ME and Offer an upgrade or upsell, I would be waiting a very. long. time. I believe in being proactive, the early bird gets the worm kind of thing;). But, never would I threaten, argue, whine, or try to cajole NCL to do anything. I simply ask what is possible, and they are more than happy to accommodate you, whenever possible.

It's not necessarily a question of entitlement, as you keep saying. For example, I bought a pair of shoes on Sunday. I asked the clerk in a fun way if I get a 20% discount since it's Mother's Day? She responded with, "I wish!" It wasn't because I felt entitled in any way. I was buying the shoes anyhow, but had I gotten the discount, BONUS! It's the same thing.

Unless they have a written policy, made available to you in the store you were in, that says you don't get discounts on Mother's day, it is not the same thing. You did not know and therefore you asked. I have no problem with someone who doesn't know (usually a newbie) asking either (how else does one learn). But, once you know and you still ask, that is where the line is crossed and the sense of entitlement (or greed, same thing in my book) comes into play.

Edited by Out to sea!

What you fail to understand is that we KNOW we are not ENTITLED to anything. But we know that SOMETIMES, after price drops, certain things may be OFFERED. My conversation went something like this, "I've noticed that suite prices have dropped significantly, ( I was in a minisuite ) can you tell me what the possibilities are?". NCL's response was "We have a Penthouse xxx on deck 9 for an additional $90 per person, would you like to do this? When prices fell further, I again called to see if further upgrades were possible. "I see that prices have fallen further for suites, is anything possible?". NCL response, "I'm sorry, there are no further upgrades available, but we can offer you $xx of OBC.".

If at any point in the conversation, the response is I'm sorry, nothing can be done, there is simply a "Thank you for checking" response, end of story.

Most of us are not those people who book and then a few months later are posting and whining on C.C. about how unfair it is that NOW prices have fallen and they want a refund of the difference. We know that is not going to happen. But when prices fall significantly, SOMEONE is going to book those cabins. Is there any reason it should not be ME, just because I am already booked in a lower category? If I sat and waited for NCL to call ME and Offer an upgrade or upsell, I would be waiting a very. long. time. I believe in being proactive, the early bird gets the worm kind of thing;). But, never would I threaten, argue, whine, or try to cajole NCL to do anything. I simply ask what is possible, and they are more than happy to accommodate you, whenever possible.

The one bit of information you keep neglecting to realize, is that NCL would not have offered you anything if you had not initiated the contact asking for something you did not deserve (and I have already stated we are talking about OBC and not requesting info on paid upgrades). A true offer is unsolicited such as when a cruise line calls you and asks if you would like an upgrade for a fraction of the normal cost or when you get to port and find you've been upgraded for free. That is an offer. What you continue to describe is a customer service supervisor giving something to a customer to appease them (OBC). If one were truly calling in for an upgrade and found there was nothing to upgrade too or the cost was to high, a simply "thanks for checking, have a nice day" would be the proper response. But I'm sure it's more of some type of sullen response that causes the rep to check with a supervisor about the OBC. If you don't understand the difference between the two there is no point continuing with this conversation.

Edited by Out to sea!

The one bit of information you keep neglecting to realize, is that NCL would not have offered you anything if you had not initiated the contact asking for something you did not deserve (and I have already stated we are talking about OBC and not requesting info on paid upgrades). A true offer is unsolicited such as when a cruise line calls you and asks if you would like an upgrade for a fraction of the normal cost or when you get to port and find you've been upgraded for free. That is an offer. What you continue to describe is a customer service supervisor giving something to a customer to appease them (OBC). If one were truly calling in for an upgrade and found there was nothing to upgrade too or the cost was to high, a simply "thanks for checking, have a nice day" would be the proper response. But I'm sure it's more of some type of sullen response that causes the rep to check with a supervisor about the OBC. If you don't understand the difference between the two there is no point continuing with this conversation.

Yes, you are correct, there is no point in continuing the conversation. And by the way, no sullen responses on my part. I've already stated that a "no" ends the conversation with a "thank you for checking". You may continue to take the morally superior high road and watch prices fall after final payment while you sit and do nothing, because after all, you are not entitled to get an upgrade or upsell. You may hope as some others do, that lightning may strike and NCL will actually call you and make an offer for that suite they are trying to fill. But odds are, the call will go to someone else, or more likely, to me, or someone like me, who greatly increased the odds in their own favor by initiating the call themselves. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Most of us are not those people who book and then a few months later are posting and whining on C.C. about how unfair it is that NOW prices have fallen and they want a refund of the difference. We know that is not going to happen. But when prices fall significantly, SOMEONE is going to book those cabins. Is there any reason it should not be ME, just because I am already booked in a lower category? If I sat and waited for NCL to call ME and Offer an upgrade or upsell, I would be waiting a very. long. time. I believe in being proactive, the early bird gets the worm kind of thing;). But, never would I threaten, argue, whine, or try to cajole NCL to do anything. I simply ask what is possible, and they are more than happy to accommodate you, whenever possible.[/quote

Ok...I totally agree the above poster. Here was my incredibly recent experience. As posted early in this thread, I called (yes..I called!) my PCC after seeing that my cabin dropped one penny under $300 per person. My PCC is on the Getaway. I called and left a message for his stand in PCC on Saturday, not expecting a call back. I then called the main # on Sunday because there is only one cabin in my category left and spoke to a wonderful representative who initially offered to see if she could upgrade me as that was the only option under NCL rules. I said immediately that an upsell wasn't on my radar. She said "let me see what I can do" and came back with $145 OBC. I would have been totally fine with "Sorry, if you don't want an upgrade, then there's nothing we can do."

Fast forward to this past Monday. I got a call from the stand in PCC to follow up on my message. I honestly didn't even expect a call back considering he's covering for a co worker. I explained how it all ended on Sunday and that I was thrilled. He (and I'm serious) ended the call with "keep checking the price and if it drops again, call back and we'll see what we can do".

Bottom line?? Entitlement has nothing to do with my personal experience with getting an OBC after final payment. I called to inquire. Not only did NCL do something above and beyond with the OBC but they invited me to continue checking the price to see if they could possibly do more in the future.

Finally...I accepted an upsell from an aft PH suite to an OS on the Gem CTN two years ago after an unsolicited phone call from NCL. Great move on NCL's part...I've since sailed in the DOS and connecting PH on the BA and will be sailing in an OS on the Gem this summer. I also have an OS and connecting suite on the Pearl booked in summer 2015.

Happy sailing to all!

Ha Ha not sure why any of us try to make sense out of someone that makes no sense and is very bitter if someone gets a better deal or upgrade. For the life of me, I seriously pray for this person,

My PCC really got a kick out of this thread. As she says " cruising is always about upgrades and upgrading passengers and loyal customers."

But at least one person loses sleep over this ;)

Edited by david_sobe

Yes, you are correct, there is no point in continuing the conversation. And by the way, no sullen responses on my part. I've already stated that a "no" ends the conversation with a "thank you for checking". You may continue to take the morally superior high road and watch prices fall after final payment while you sit and do nothing, because after all, you are not entitled to get an upgrade or upsell. You may hope as some others do, that lightning may strike and NCL will actually call you and make an offer for that suite they are trying to fill. But odds are, the call will go to someone else, or more likely, to me, or someone like me, who greatly increased the odds in their own favor by initiating the call themselves. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

That's part of the whole point. I don't spend any time looking at prices for a cruise I'm booked on after final payment date (unless I'm booked ES on a Carnival cruise). To do so is complete waste of time as I know I an not entitled to anything after that date. I don;t look for upgrades because if I wanted a better cabin, I would have booked that in the beginning (as SissamomE said) and i know I'm not authorized any OBC. So therefore, i spend my time actually being productive by planning my cruise, not looking for things I shouldn't be getting. If NCL ever did call me (like Carnival did once for an attempted upsell), I would tell them no thanks, I'd rather save my money for more nights at sea than a more luxurious cabin.

Edited by Out to sea!

Most of us are not those people who book and then a few months later are posting and whining on C.C. about how unfair it is that NOW prices have fallen and they want a refund of the difference. We know that is not going to happen. But when prices fall significantly, SOMEONE is going to book those cabins. Is there any reason it should not be ME, just because I am already booked in a lower category? If I sat and waited for NCL to call ME and Offer an upgrade or upsell, I would be waiting a very. long. time. I believe in being proactive, the early bird gets the worm kind of thing;). But, never would I threaten, argue, whine, or try to cajole NCL to do anything. I simply ask what is possible, and they are more than happy to accommodate you, whenever possible.[/quote

Ok...I totally agree the above poster. Here was my incredibly recent experience. As posted early in this thread, I called (yes..I called!) my PCC after seeing that my cabin dropped one penny under $300 per person. My PCC is on the Getaway. I called and left a message for his stand in PCC on Saturday, not expecting a call back. I then called the main # on Sunday because there is only one cabin in my category left and spoke to a wonderful representative who initially offered to see if she could upgrade me as that was the only option under NCL rules. I said immediately that an upsell wasn't on my radar. She said "let me see what I can do" and came back with $145 OBC. I would have been totally fine with "Sorry, if you don't want an upgrade, then there's nothing we can do."

Fast forward to this past Monday. I got a call from the stand in PCC to follow up on my message. I honestly didn't even expect a call back considering he's covering for a co worker. I explained how it all ended on Sunday and that I was thrilled. He (and I'm serious) ended the call with "keep checking the price and if it drops again, call back and we'll see what we can do".

Bottom line?? Entitlement has nothing to do with my personal experience with getting an OBC after final payment. I called to inquire. Not only did NCL do something above and beyond with the OBC but they invited me to continue checking the price to see if they could possibly do more in the future.

Finally...I accepted an upsell from an aft PH suite to an OS on the Gem CTN two years ago after an unsolicited phone call from NCL. Great move on NCL's part...I've since sailed in the DOS and connecting PH on the BA and will be sailing in an OS on the Gem this summer. I also have an OS and connecting suite on the Pearl booked in summer 2015.

Happy sailing to all!

You can rationalize it anyway you want but you were looking for OBC. You yourself said and I quote "I said immediately that an upsell wasn't on my radar.". Therefore, the only reason you initiated the contact was to get cash. You felt you were entitled to something because the price dropped after final payment date otherwise, you would not have called. Am i morally superior as one here has claimed.......no. I simply know right from wrong and know what the rules are and follow them without trying to get someone to bend the rules for me.

Ha Ha not sure why any of us try to make sense out of someone that makes no sense and is very bitter if someone gets a better deal or upgrade. For the life of me, I seriously pray for this person,

My PCC really got a kick out of this thread. As she says " cruising is always about upgrades and upgrading passengers and loyal customers."

But at least one person loses sleep over this ;)

It's funny how you say I make assumptions when everything you state is an assumption, and an incorrect one at that. I don't care what you pay for your cabin in the slightest. I don't care what kind of deal you get. I do find it irritating that not only you think you deserve more than what you agreed to but that your PCC does as well. So much for his/her loyalty to those who sign his/her paychecks. :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm off to bed now to get my 8 hours of sleep so there's another incorrect assumption of yours.......no loss of sleep over here. Looks like you're batting 0 for 3 just on your last post alone. ;)