If they DO confiscate my...

...electronic item, what will happen to it?

We will be spending the week before our cruise at our timeshare condo on the gulf side of FL, enjoying espresso from our electronic Bialetti Moka pot daily. We will be using rental cars and not parking a car during the cruise, so everything coming with us has to go on the ship. I am assuming that this item will be confiscated, despite the auto shut-off, so please help a new CCL cruiser understand what will happen if it is confiscated. Will they return it to our stateroom the night before debarkation? Will we have to go to a naughty room and pick it up? Will we ever see it again? Will it delay debarkation for us?

Thank you so much for your help.

...electronic item, what will happen to it?

We will be spending the week before our cruise at our timeshare condo on the gulf side of FL, enjoying espresso from our electronic Bialetti Moka pot daily. We will be using rental cars and not parking a car during the cruise, so everything coming with us has to go on the ship. I am assuming that this item will be confiscated, despite the auto shut-off, so please help a new CCL cruiser understand what will happen if it is confiscated. Will they return it to our stateroom the night before debarkation? Will we have to go to a naughty room and pick it up? Will we ever see it again? Will it delay debarkation for us?

Thank you so much for your help.

IF they confiscate it you will get "the call" but they will return it to you at the end of the cruise. I don't think it would delay debarkation. Don't worry about it. Enjoy your cruise!

I thought you had some good responses either Ship it back home before the cruise or take it onboard if you take it on board it will more then likely be taken till the end of the cruise and needs to go in the checked luggage not the carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shipping it home is probably best idea. If not, put it in checked luggage and if they confiscate it, you will get it back at the end of the cruise. Not really confusing. Enjoy your cruise.

Shipping it home is probably best idea. If not, put it in checked luggage and if they confiscate it, you will get it back at the end of the cruise. Not really confusing. Enjoy your cruise.

You must go to an assigned place to pick it up. Don't forget, there may be a line there of people picking up things, and they cross reference your claim ticket etc. Mailing it home sounds logical until you wonder how you'll wrap it and find a place to mail it from.

Ditto packing it in your CHECKED, LOCKED luggage, with shoes,clothes hangers and other stuff around it. Unlikely they will see it. If they do, you will get it back. No worries.

Edited by cb at sea

If you carry it on with you in your carry on luggage they will not let it on board and you will NOT get it back as they will not hold it for you.. If you put it in your CHECKED luggage and they find it they will keep it for you and you will have to pick it up EARLY disembarkation Day

I doubt it'll be confiscated. If it is you have to get it at debarkation.

I've had 2 coffee makers confiscated from my luggage. One on NCL and one on Liberty. Mine were of low cost (really low, like from a yard sale) so never picked them back up.

OK, thanks everyone. I will put it in my checked luggage and we will see what happens! If we get a chance to drive by a UPS store, we might send it off, so thanks for that advice, too.

Thanks also for the tip NOT to carry it on. :)

Put it in your checked luggage but don't lock it. If they see something to confiscate, they will cut your lock. They put a note in your luggage that says they removed something (it doesn't say exactly what) and that it can be picked up at some location (for us it was one of the dance clubs...all the contraband was spread out on the floor with your cabin number) on the last night (so you have opportunity to pack it back in your checked luggage). Don't wait until embarkation day to get it unless you want to carry it with you.

Edited by Davey Wavey

I have a problem that is related to this post. I am being treated by a doctor for a serious case of fibromyalgia, as well as some other medical issues. My problem is this. My body and muscles get so worn out during the day, that I am in a great deal of pain at the end of the day. The only thing that helps is my microwaveable heat pack ( obviously not an option)& my automatic shut off heating pad. I travel on short trips constantly for my job, and this is how I survive. I have cruised four times in the past ( twice on Carnival), and never realized there was a ban. I had my heating pad each time. I am very concerned this time that it may be removed from my packed luggage and it would be very difficult to enjoy my trip. I have considered attaching a doctor's note to the pad, inside my luggage, with the hopes that if it does get opened, they may take that in to account. As I mentioned, it is auto-shut off, and I have been using it safely for years. Thoughts?

Thanks for all the responses. Just as confused as ever but I guess we will find out!

No need to be confused!! Pack it in you checked luggage, not carry-on. When (if) they find it during screening the bags, you will be called to the naughty room and they'll ask you to open you bag. They will take the coffee maker but you will get it back at the end of the cruise (may have to pick it up somewhere or they may deliver it to your cabin). Simple as that.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!! :D