Alaska 2014 reviews please

blueshine

Hi,

as we plan to do our Alaska cruise with Millennium in 2015, I am really interested about some 2014 Alaska reviews from Millennium - are there already some?

Would be great if you provided a link, if there are some. :)

What Millennium cruise are you doing in 2015. We are on the southbound in June.

Hi,

as we plan to do our Alaska cruise with Millennium in 2015, I am really interested about some 2014 Alaska reviews from Millennium - are there already some?

Would be great if you provided a link, if there are some. :)

Did you look thru the Millennium Roll Calls?

If folks post their report on THIS forum, I'm adding their link to a thread called '2014 Trip Reports' . But the majority of the reports will be on the Roll Calls. Also, check the REVIEWS , specifically MEMBER REVIEWS. Some of them are quite detailed.

Edited by mapleleaves

Did you look thru the Millennium Roll Calls?

If folks post their report on THIS forum, I'm adding their link to a thread called '2014 Trip Reports' . But the majority of the reports will be on the Roll Calls. Also, check the REVIEWS , specifically MEMBER REVIEWS. Some of them are quite detailed.

I did. Something I could find, but I think I wait until longer Reviews with pictures are uploaded. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just returned from a northbound (Vancouver to Seward) cruise on the Celebrity Millennium, and I had a great time! Some of the best excursions, though, weren't through the cruise line. I'd recommend the Alaska Sea Life Center (Seward), and--if you can find transportation there--the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center in Girdwood (between Seward and Anchorage). Also, an excursion that was an absolute blast was the Ocean Raft Alaska jet boat ride in Skagway (not for the faint of heart!). If you think you'll enjoy speeding through the pristine glacial waters of Lynn Canal, you should definitely give this one a shot. I must've seen dozens of seals, and we were even lucky enough to find a humpback whale diving for food. It was wonderful!

The ship itself (Millennium) was in fairly decent condition, considering its age. The crew were friendly and the Alaska scenery was spectacular. The only issues I had were with the lack of things to do on the ship and the inconsistency of the food quality. Some of the passengers were a bit uncouth, as well (one man draped both of his legs over a lounge table during our muster drill, for instance). However, considering that an Alaska itinerary is really about being off the ship and exploring the ports, I wouldn't define the cruise by these few shortcomings.

Hope this helps!

Edited by SnorkelMoose

Went on 10 day to Glacier Bay on NCL Pearl 5/8-5/18. Wonderful cruise, nice weather! 3rd cruise to Alaska..1st on NCL. Loved the itinerary..started in Vancouver..ended in Seattle. Already making plans for 10day next May on either NCL Pearl or Sun.

Think we do this one next yr - 10 day on Pearl Vancouver to Seattle - did you stop at Sitka amd Icy Stait? Did u go to Glacier Bay?

Love the Pearl and love love love Alaska.