Wow, our first true upgrade!

argenta01

We are leaving this Sat on the Coral to AK. Originally booked an inside on the Baja deck and marked it ‘no upgrade’ because we picked that cabin for a reason.

As the date got closer, we noticed still lots of availability. Called our TA and asked her to remove the ‘no upgrade’.

Sure enough, a couple of days later we were upgraded to an ocean view on the Plaza.

This morning I looked and saw we had been upgraded to a balcony on Aloha. Did not like the location, so called TA and got us moved to an aft balcony on Baja. Could not be happier! :-D Thank you Princess and my awesome TA!

You were wise to not take the Aloha deck cabin, you would have been miserable. Right above the Aloha is the Lido deck and MUTS. We made the mistake taking the upgrade on the Aloha and we were miserable. This time, they tried to give us the Aloha as an upgrade and we refused it - we remained on the Caribe with a balcony.

We are leaving this Sat on the Coral to AK. Originally booked an inside on the Baja deck and marked it ‘no upgrade’ because we picked that cabin for a reason.

As the date got closer, we noticed still lots of availability. Called our TA and asked her to remove the ‘no upgrade’.

Sure enough, a couple of days later we were upgraded to an ocean view on the Plaza.

This morning I looked and saw we had been upgraded to a balcony on Aloha. Did not like the location, so called TA and got us moved to an aft balcony on Baja. Could not be happier! :-D Thank you Princess and my awesome TA!

Congrats on the upgrades. Have a fantastic cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Patricia !

I was looking at CC and my eyes caught your name. Congrats on the upgrade. We are going on the Golden Princess May 24th. Have a wonderful cruise ! Any other cruises for the fall ? We are doing a b2b on the Regal in Nov. The first is the US inaugural and the second is the Carib inaugural. Quite an active roll call also . Judy and Len are leaving next week for the Baltics.

Sali

Hi Patricia !

I was looking at CC and my eyes caught your name. Congrats on the upgrade. We are going on the Golden Princess May 24th. Have a wonderful cruise ! Any other cruises for the fall ? We are doing a b2b on the Regal in Nov. The first is the US inaugural and the second is the Carib inaugural. Quite an active roll call also . Judy and Len are leaving next week for the Baltics.

Sali

Hi Sali, yeah, I was really surprised by the double upgrade. About 2 weeks ago Princess offered us an upsell to a balcony for $199 each. We were happy with the first upgrade to the OV, and would rather spend the money on excursions, so we turned it down. Then yesterday they gave us one for free anyway!! It was such a plus that our TA was able to get us a 'downgrade' to the cabin of our choice. :D

I'm taking the TA on the Emerald Oct 25 Southampton to FLL. I have to wait until I get on the Coral to pick up a few more FCC's.

We will have to compare notes on AK when we both return. Bon Voyage!!