Atlanta to Anchorage

cruisinlawn

We're in the midst of deciding on a Princess cruisetour. Day one is described as 'arrive in Anchorage for the night'. This particular day falls on a Sunday, July 6.

We typically arrive for our cruise/tours a day or two in advance. We would not be able to do that with these dates. How crazy would it be to take a nonstop, Atl-Anc arriving at 7:30p local time? Is this something we shouldn't even consider? Again, we would only be arriving only to go to hotel. The next morning we would be boarding the Princess rail (not sure of the time).

Any input is appreciated. TIA

I've also posted this on the CruiseAir board.

We're in the midst of deciding on a Princess cruisetour. Day one is described as 'arrive in Anchorage for the night'. This particular day falls on a Sunday, July 6.

We typically arrive for our cruise/tours a day or two in advance. We would not be able to do that with these dates. How crazy would it be to take a nonstop, Atl-Anc arriving at 7:30p local time? Is this something we shouldn't even consider? Again, we would only be arriving only to go to hotel. The next morning we would be boarding the Princess rail (not sure of the time).

Any input is appreciated. TIA

I've also posted this on the CruiseAir board.

Its one of the things we dislike about flying to Anchorage, our flights usually arrive at 9:30pm, then to a hotel. Most flights arrive late. We always take the train to Whittier on embarkation day, its a beautiful trip.

For us there is no way around it unless we do a r/t from Vancouver as we have no desire to go any earlier.

We typically arrive for our cruise/tours a day or two in advance. We would not be able to do that with these dates. How crazy would it be to take a nonstop, Atl-Anc arriving at 7:30p local time? Is this something we shouldn't even consider? Again, we would only be arriving only to go to hotel.

Sounds like a good plan to me. It would be arriving about your body's clock being bedtime. And a non-stop is much better than changing planes on the way there.

I say "go for it."

We flew non-stop from Cincinnati to Anchorage. Got in late, (as mentioned above) the luggage belt died so some of the passengers went up the ramp to get them so we could go on to the hotel. Finally got there around 1:00AM and it was still light. That will mess with your head as well. . . And no air conditioning in the rooms! But you don't need it!

We slept well and started touring in the morning - no problems. We did sleep well for the next few nights as we adjusted to the time change but it really worked!

Go for it and enjoy your adventures!

Made the mistake of doing a B2B out of Anchorage (Whittier). Can't remember if I flew from Sav. or JAX, but I had to change in Texas. And stop in Seattle. We were late out of Texas, thus late into Seattle, later out of Seattle. We arrived in Anchorage at 0230, I was trundling my suitcases down the hall of the Captain Cook hotel at 0330, and the clerk came out and said 'Checking out?' That was one very short, very expensive night. Bags were to be out at 8am for the Princess transfer. I had barely got to sleep. EM

Thanks All!!! Question...when the cruisetour itinerary states 'arrive in Anchorage for the night' is this night's hotel stay part of the tour or are you on your own for accommodations? TIA

Should be included

Made the mistake of doing a B2B out of Anchorage (Whittier). Can't remember if I flew from Sav. or JAX, but I had to change in Texas. And stop in Seattle. We were late out of Texas, thus late into Seattle, later out of Seattle. We arrived in Anchorage at 0230, I was trundling my suitcases down the hall of the Captain Cook hotel at 0330, and the clerk came out and said 'Checking out?' That was one very short, very expensive night. Bags were to be out at 8am for the Princess transfer. I had barely got to sleep. EM

Checking out! lol.

I fly direct from ANC to ATL quite often.....and bak as my family lives in Nashville.....Never a problem....We are 3 hrs time behind you.....so that is good....It is a beautiful time of the day to land....and at that time you might even see a moose by the airport......