Late night snacks

dontpanik

I'm revising this thread to see if anyone took pictures of the late night snack menus in the Lido this summer.

CrewNews posted them on his site:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=1625

They're actual scans, so they are easy to read. He and Joanie do a really nice job with the menus.

The late night menus are usually the last page of each PDF stack.

They have had Lido late night snacks on every HAL cruise we've been on, and that's been on Nieuw Amsterdam, Noordam and Zuiderdam.

Can't remember the exact times but it's something like 2230-2330 or 2300-0000.

What I do remember is that it can be pretty hit and miss. One night we had a nice NYC striploin. Another it was pretty bad.

In my opinion you're better off getting items from the 24 hr room service menu. They do a mean club sandwich with potato salad or chips. There's also a slightly more expanded room service menu that offers some hot entrees and that's available until 2200, at least on all the cruises we've done and on the ships mentioned above.

Edited by richardukcruise

How could we have missed this?? After early seating, then show, then sometimes movie, it is time for a snack!!! We have "gone hunting" to the Lido before, but never found a late night snack (other than chocolate extravaganza).

It is only on one side of Lido so you may have not looked at both sides. :)

Couldn't have been that many people there or surely you would have heard them on the

other side.

Edited by sail7seas

I admit we really enjoy the late night snacks. :) Seems like we are already eating constantly while cruising (or certainly more than irl!).

There is a large amount of staff eating at this time, and they frequently close down the a chunk of the lido seating. The menus changed every day just like the other lido lunch/dinner menus, and as soon as lunch was off the list, the dinner and late night snack menu would be up there. We loved checking it out, I can say it's much better than what Princess offers at this time of night.

If we don't get them elsewhere, I'll try to snap some pics on my next cruise.

Regarding the Prinsendam, they used to have a late night snack but it was in the Crow's Nest upon request. It wasn't a buffet, but a tray of delicious snacks. Not sure what the current policy is.

It was offered last time we were on as well. It was on the Lido then as the Crow's Nest was busy and hopping :) I'll check it out in just over two weeks :)