Linda's first poll

Bearing in mind her age, what should Thomson do about the Dream in 2015?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Bearing in mind her age, what should Thomson do about the Dream in 2015?

• Go on as they are leasing the ship
    • Buy her from Costa
    • Return her to Costa and invest in a newer ship

Easy to do Vera, I just followed sailaway's instructions :D I am impressed that you have mastered windows8 :)

Far from mastered, I've just spent ten minutes trying to escape from a page.:o:confused::D

yay! linda...good poll...great stuff (thumbup)

i've voted to give her back to costa:rolleyes: .....i am sure that costa will be happy with that deal now that thoms have fixed her up a bit (from the lemon that they originally sold them):rolleyes:

however....

i fully expect to be still discussing the dream (and her foibles) in 5/10/forever years time;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave, Be patient with me. It is my first attempt at a poll :)

You have to chose whether you want it to be public or not and how long you want it to run for.

All will be revealed on June 11th :):):)

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

I voted to continue to lease her. I feel that Thomson need to keep their options open and in the next few years there will be a number of ships bumped out of their current fleet due to great big new ones.

I know I'm dreaming but current rumour on P & O is that the Oceana will be bumped out. Now she is a beautiful ship.......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

they have refurbed parts of the Spirit for the last 3 years which is how long we have been sailing on her. But as Thomsons are not sailing from the UK next year im sure they will refurb more of her old stock rather than purchase new.

Just wishful thinking on my part Lynda :rolleyes:

I'm on the Spirit in August and looking forward to seeing what has been done since we were on her in 2011 :)

We have just come back from the Icelandic Encounter which takes in the 3 places in Iceland that you are going to as well. If you are thinking of doing the flight over the volcano in Reykjavik which we did with Thomsons, be aware that you can get a taxi to the airport and do it that way We booked the shore excursion before we sailed as we thought it was only going to be a once in a lifetime thing for us so were looking forward to it. At the last minute it was changed to a light aircraft instead of the helicopter and two fella passengers on the cruise went to the airport themselves and hired the trip on the helicopter for £150 which was considerably less than what we paid. Nonetheless it was still a beautiful sight and we are happy we did it. If i can give you some tips just let me know as i dont want to spoil your cruise by just telling you.

Thanks Lynda, I don't think I fancy the light aircraft :eek: :D but may be after some advice about other places. We went to Norway, last year and really enyoyed it. We went on Crown Princess from Southampton. Princess are very good too and very friendly, even thought they are bigger ships. We had a balcony which was great, especially with the beautiful scenery in the fjords. They also add tips, but you can remove them. Also you can book 1st or 2nd sitting for dinner or do as we did and have anytime dining.

Just bumping this up, in case anyone else wants to vote or answer HT's question :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Option 3 is still winning ;)

I haven't been on much lately, Linda, so thanks for pointing this out to me.

We have been away a couple of trips, in fact, I am still away.

Perhaps my agreement with rookery was a bit rash, HT.

In broad strokes, I don't think the Dream provided the same standard of Thomson experience to us as we have had on previous cruises. The service in the dining room was very slow and the food was well below the usual standard. In Oceans Bar we frequently had to go to the bar for service and the same was true in Sirens in the day time and in the Lido, particularly in the evenings, where we had to either search for a waiter or go to the bar. There were waiters in Sirens who seemed in the main to be selling drinks packages or evening meals. The entertainment wasn't so good either in particular the quality of the singing and the deckfests and sailaway party.

These issues may be down to Thomson policies, budgets or some of the ship's departments not being well run. It does seem that the Louis ships are giving a better all round product at the moment.

Hi Linda. We also went to Norway on the Thomson Spirit on the myths of the fjords cruise two years running, it was amazing and sp pretty. As for Iceland, check with who you are sailing with if you are going up into the Arctic circle and if you get a certificate to confirm it. We did and its beautiful so serence and almost still daylight at just after midnight, then we went to Akureyri which is a small town with plenty of shops, we found the shop where you can book a whale watching trip if you want to do it independetly of the cruise line. It cost £50 each but its hit and miss if you see any whales or not. Next we went Isafjordur to be honest there isnt a lot there, we went on a sunday and only saw 2 people in the coffee shop. Coffee was extremely strong but only cost £1.80, the small town only has 3.500 people and hardly any shops. The ship docks a fair walk away from the town and ofcourse its windy so wrap up warm, we went as far as the church in the middle of town with the cemetry attached to it then went back to the ship. The capital city of Reykjavik is clean, modern and we saw most of it while driving through to the airport, there is a shopping district but we didnt see it as flight trip took up much of the day.

Im a disabled person and use a mobility scooter and you are catered for mostly in the large towns regarding ramps down on the pavements but all ways be aware this isnt always the case. I wouldnt bother changing to kronas as the shops all take english money but you will get change in krona. If you are going to Belfast as we did on this trip everything is in euros ofcourse. Also as a point just incase you or anyone you are travelling with use oxygen most ships will let you take your own supply from home if you sign a disclaimer. All that means is if anything went wrong with the tubes of oxygen you wouldnt ask the dr for any help but obviously you are still covered with your insurance if you take ill. The oxygen suppliers charge up to £400 to take the oxygen to the ship for you which just makes the holiday even more expensive but no one tells you about the other way. i hope all this helps you in some way. Enjoy Iceland its beautiful scenery, we took 412 photos and so serene. We sailed through two days of storms when we went from Liverpool which was great for us but not for passengers who suffer with sea sickness.