Solstice Scans of some Beverage Offerings and Dailies May 8, 2014 Alaska

C 2 C

What is the limit for wines under the classic package? I hope it is more than $8 now.

Prices have gone up a lot since last month!

A fair question and one that's been much on my mind!

US website says $8, UK website says $9 (it actually says $10.50 but that is inclusive of gratuity).

Hi Arno,

Is that the full activity sheet?

The first activity of the day is at 11:00 AM?

Did not see a single trivia - have they been eliminated?

Can you ask what the limits for the Classic & Premium packages are now?

Were you able to get wine w/o surcharge at the specialty restaurants?

What do you think of Michaels on Solstice?

Are they having afternoon tea (they did on Connie)?

Do they have a list of beverages available or is it still "anything you want"?

Are you still able to get the 30 year old port wine?

Have fun,

Tom

Hi Arno,

Is that the full activity sheet?

The first activity of the day is at 11:00 AM?

Did not see a single trivia - have they been canelled?

Tom

This appears to be an embarkation day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Forums mobile app

I know they may not appear on lists but if you could please ask and post the prices of a shot of: Baileys, Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker and Beefeater you could potentially avert Armageddon on the cruise critic boards and be seen as a superhero. On the other hand, if the prices aren't $8 or under, you may be lynched. :D Thanks again for all your help.

I found the Chateau Castera to be delightful. The Catena Malbec is usually pretty good too.

Thanks for those recommendations, but are they included with the new classic limits? Or, can Cruisenut confirm if the Classic price limits have increased as found by kevinyork aboard Eclipse?

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these!! What amazing pictures - hope you had a wonderful time.

Am I reading these correctly that there are no red wines by the glass for $8 and under and thus none available under the Classic package :confused: Or have we confirmed that the price limit in the Classic package per glass has gone up? I am not one to be picky about the package inclusions but if there are no red wines at all I am going to be pretty bummed. Say it ain't so!

WinesbyGlass.jpg

Isn't the limit on the CLASSUC package $8.00 USD? If so, there are zero red or white wines in that price range on this list. Cruisenut, I realize you have upgraded, but your comments and research woukd be much appreciated.

Edited to add: Sorry, others have already asked this. Still hoping for response. And thanks for taking the time to do this.

Edited by jkgourmet

Thanks for those recommendations, but are they included with the new classic limits? Or, can Cruisenut confirm if the Classic price limits have increased as found by kevinyork aboard Eclipse?

Those are premiums - I found the upgrade WELL worth the money.

Conundrum is up to 14.50 I see...oh well.

Do yourself a favor and discover the understated elegance of the Pouilly Fume

Couldn't agree more. Conundrum is very overpriced. Once, when still with Caymus in their heyday, it was an intriguing wine that appealed to beginners as well as winos. It has been ultra sweet some years lately. There is nothing understated or elegant about Conundrum <

Edited by LilMsFoodie
remembered something.

Those are premiums - I found the upgrade WELL worth the money.

Not for me. Everything I normally drink was on the old classic package, which is exactly why I chose it for my next cruise. Now, they all appear to be a single dollar above the $8 limit on classic. Upgrading for $11.50 or so to be able to enjoy my favorite wines and drinks would be a loss since there is no way I will be ordering 11 or more drinks per day. :eek:

Edited by boogs

Not for me. Everything I normally drink was on the old classic package, which is exactly why I chose it for my next cruise. Now, they all appear to be a single dollar above the $8 limit on classic. Upgrading for $11.50 or so to be able to enjoy my favorite wines and drinks would be a loss since there is no way I will be ordering 11 or more drinks per day. :eek:

It's not for everyone, to be sure. But some normally drink higher end stuff and some appreciate the chance to drink something they don't normally drink. As for the Classic, I think we should wait for clarification - the UK website as well as a report from Kevinyork on the Eclipse both suggest there may have been an adjustment to the classic package which has not been clearly communicated. According to those sources, most if not all of those wines will still be available within the package.

Edited by wpgcycler

Don't we have to pay the full price of any drink priced above the Classic limit, while if on Premium, we just pay the difference?

Do yourself a favor and discover the understated elegance of the Pouilly Fume. ;)

Haha! Good point! And that discovery has already been made, my friend. I love Pouilly Fume. That was actually my go to choice last trip. Conundrum has its place too. :D