New to Celebrity - Advice Please

Gilpet

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Celebrity Eclipse for this summer and I would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions for me :).

We currently have Diamond Status with Royal Caribbean, I understand this makes us Elite with Celebrity, and we are looking at a standard balcony cabin, I don't know if that affects the answers to any of my questions.

1. Are there any "no go" areas - e.g. areas of the ship only open to Suite passengers?

2. On RCI's Independence of the Seas snacks are available from the Promenade Café and Sorrento's without any charge but on P&O the snacks are only free of charge if you buy a speciality tea or coffee - Are snacks available "free" from any cafe's around the ship with Celebrity?

3. Are tea/coffee/water available without charge at any/all times?

4. Are there tea/coffee making facilities in the cabins?

Thanks in advance for your help

Gill

1. There used to be a lounge called Michael's Club which is now for Celebrity Suite passengers and up.

2. Cafe Al Bachio has snacks all day and evening for free, but beverages there are extra. Snacks in the buffet are free.

3. Room service has free coffee and tea, as does the buffet. Regular coffee and tea is also available in the MDR.

4. Kettles are only provided in cabins on sailings out of Southampton.

Welcome to Celebrity! Contact the Captains Club to get your number prior to sailing, that will indicate your Elite status. Michaels Club is now for Suites (I believe on all ships). Pastries & mini-sandwiches are available all day (free) at Cafe El Bacio. The coffee, tea & hot chocolate (amazing) is not free unless you have a beverage package. The buffet on a Deck 14 has urn coffee, hot water, punch available 24 hours a day. Unless you're traveling from Europe no tea/coffee in cabin.

We're on the 1-15 Mar 2015 sailing of the Eclipse, join us! We have a friendly roll call. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by awhfy

We are thinking of booking a cruise on Celebrity Eclipse for this summer and I would appreciate it if you could answer a few questions for me :).

We currently have Diamond Status with Royal Caribbean, I understand this makes us Elite with Celebrity, and we are looking at a standard balcony cabin, I don't know if that affects the answers to any of my questions.

1. Are there any "no go" areas - e.g. areas of the ship only open to Suite passengers?

2. On RCI's Independence of the Seas snacks are available from the Promenade Café and Sorrento's without any charge but on P&O the snacks are only free of charge if you buy a speciality tea or coffee - Are snacks available "free" from any cafe's around the ship with Celebrity?

Gill

1. Only Michaels Club which is now reserved for Zenith people. There will be a special dining room for suites starting Apr 2015.

2. You can have pastries at Cafe al Bacio free without buying the coffees or tea. Sandwiches are no longer available. Snacks are available in the buffet area 9:30 - 1AM. Pizza noon - 1AM

3. Tea, coffee and juices are available in the buffet area 24 hrs

4. Tea kettles are available on sailings out of Southampton only. We had one on our Transatlantic last Nov but I believe they were removed for the Caribbean sailings.

Eclipse is a beautiful ship and we are booked to sail on her again next year.

Hope this helps.

Edited by YVR cruiser

Thanks very much for all your answers everybody :). We would be sailing from Southampton so it looks like we would have a kettle.

Thanks for the tip about the Captain's Club, Melody, I've already done that and we have our Captain's Club numbers. We've already booked P&O's new ship Britannia for next April so sadly your sailing would be a bit close to that lol - and as I don't fly (we're in the UK) I suspect that it would be out for that reason anyway..........but have a great cruise :).

Eclipse certainly looks a beautiful ship but it's great to have your confirmation YVR Cruiser.

Gill

1. There used to be a lounge called Michael's Club which is now for Celebrity Suite passengers and up.

2. Cafe Al Bachio has snacks all day and evening for free, but beverages there are extra. Snacks in the buffet are free.

3. Room service has free coffee and tea, as does the buffet. Regular coffee and tea is also available in the MDR.

4. Kettles are only provided in cabins on sailings out of Southampton.

Your CC status will also get you invited to morning coffee house breakfast (usually 08:00 to 10:00) where you can order complimentary specialty coffee (espresso, latte, etc)

I do love my latte so that's a great bonus, thanks for the info.

Thanks again to everybody who answered my questions - I have just booked Eclipse for August 2nd and I'm off to join the roll call :):):)

Gill

Sounds tasty. Will they put a coupon in your cabin or do you receive at check in or have to ask?

You should have coupons in the room

You can have cakes from the coffee shop no problem, no drink purchase necessary, they are awesome

I forgot to say, you will love Eclipse, enjoy

Edited by rubydoobydoo

Sounds tasty. Will they put a coupon in your cabin or do you receive at check in or have to ask?

If coupons are not in the room ask the cabin steward for them...they were missing on our last cruise. Cabin steward was prompt in getting them delivered to us.

Have a great time!

Hi All,

I am also new to Celebrity and will be on the Summit June 1 to Bermuda. I would like to know if there are any "not to miss" things to do, see and eat, drink on the Summit. Also, if there are any things that I should skip. I am in an oceanview cabin on Deck 3 and have the 123 drink pckg. Can't wait to try Celebrity! Have a great weekend and thanks to any advice given!

Hi All,

I am also new to Celebrity and will be on the Summit June 1 to Bermuda. I would like to know if there are any "not to miss" things to do, see and eat, drink on the Summit. Also, if there are any things that I should skip. I am in an oceanview cabin on Deck 3 and have the 123 drink pckg. Can't wait to try Celebrity! Have a great weekend and thanks to any advice given!

onion soup in the MDR, pastries (which are free) at cafe bacio, ice cream (free) in the buffet area. Things to skip...any art auctions unless you want a glass of free, not so good, sparkling wine...drink and then leave :)

Have a great cruise.

Hi All,

Aqua spa cafe for lunch (closes at 2PM). You can order hot entrees which are listed on their menu. I loved the Arctic Char and the Miso Salmon.

The Thalassotherapy pool (take an old bathing suit for this as some have said it faded their suits.)

Poolside grill for great hamburgers and fries.

Buy the 2 or 3 day transportation pass in Bermuda for getting around. I think it's $25 for the 2 day, $35 for 3 day, and can be used on ferries as well as buses. Otherwise you have to pay the fare in coins which is a hassle.

Enjoy your cruise.

Is the Thalassotherapy pool free or is there a charge to use the spa like on NCL and some Carnival ships? If there is a charge for a pass do they sell out quickly?

Is there an upcharge for the Aqua Spa Café?

Thank you

Gill

We booked our first Celebrity cruise this week for a cruise in August and we are Diamond on RCI. After I booked it, I was put through to the Captains Circle contact and she asked me my Crown and Anchor numbers. She then saw our details and gave me our Celebrity Captains Circle numbers, making us Elite on Celebrity. I checked my booking online last night but our CC numbers hadn't been put against our booking so I need to ring them today to make sure that's done and we get the Elite benefits on our cruise.

We are looking forward to trying a new cruise line and hope it lives up to expectations.

I do love my latte so that's a great bonus, thanks for the info.

Thanks again to everybody who answered my questions - I have just booked Eclipse for August 2nd and I'm off to join the roll call :):):)

Gill

Just noticed this post and see you are on the same cruise as us. Should have recognised your name from the roll call !

Indy Girl, we've been looking at Celebrity for a while and a friend told us that we could join the Captain's Club before we'd actually cruised with them so we signed up months ago lol - there's nothing like being prepared :). What a shame we can't get our balcony discount, but that's being a bit greedy isn't it :p

Gill

Is the Thalassotherapy pool free or is there a charge to use the spa like on NCL and some Carnival ships? If there is a charge for a pass do they sell out quickly?

Is there an upcharge for the Aqua Spa Café?

Thank you

Thalassotherapy pool is free and is a great way to spend some time. Aqua Spa Café is also free.

Carolyn