Sydney Harbour Dinner Cruise ?

Our group is interested in doing a Harbour Dinner Cruise while we are in Sydney this October. I've researching this but I haven't found very many tour operators that do this. The 2 that have peaked my interest are Captain Cook Cruises and Magistic Cruises. Has anyone every done a dinner cruise with either of these? If so, how was it? Any other suggestions? Thanks for helping!:)

Teri

Hi Teri, I'm sorry that I don't have a definitive answer for you :( , but our TA suggests that we use Captain Cook Cruise's. I hope someone will come along and answer your question, definitely! I'd like to hear other opinion's, too.

Captain Cook Cruises have been operating on Sydney Harbour for a long time. They have an excellent reputation. Good food, modern fleet of vessels. If you are looking for a "party boat" look elsewhere but if you would like a nice evening on Sydney Harbour then they are definitely worth considering.

Captain Cook, as said above, are reputable and well known. I gave my inlaws a Captain Cook lunch cruise for Christmas last year and they loved it.

There are lots of other companies that do the dinner cruises but you probably can not go wrong with Captain Cook. They have a range of options and prices.

A dinner cruise is well worth doing as the Harbour is stunning at night!

We have cruised on both, Captain Cook and Magistic several times (out of town visitors love that sort of thing).

All the Captain Cook boats we have been on were the large boats (but I believe they have smaller ones as well). Magistics boats are a lot smaller and more intimate.

Food on Capt. C. feels a lot more mass produced, and a bit standard.

We always preffered Magistic's food and service. Menus or buffet offerings look quite similar, but somehow the grub on Magistic tasted better.

They also do a lunch time cruise, which is very nice for the scenery. EVERY time we did the lunch cruise, we were invited to stay on the boat and do the same cruise again for the "Afternoon Tea" cruise.

We did a Gray line tour that included a harbor cruise on Captain Cook. It was excellent. We also did a Gray line wine tour to the Hunter Valley. It was good. The only issue with Grayline, is minor is that a bus picks you up at your hotel and takes you to a central location where all the buses come in and you transfer to your tour bus. It does eat up a bit of time.

http://www.grayline.com.au/australia-sightseeing/sydney-day-tours/sydney-and-harbour-day-tours/sydney-city-tour-with-captain-cook-luncheon-cruise/