Changes to Captain Circle benefits

redtogo

well, this has nothing to do with the original subject matter, but since this has come up: what are the themes for the frosted shot glasses? I've gotten them on Italian night by getting lemoncellos... I have the starfish, ship, and wheel (I'm blanking on the real term for the latter.. or maybe that is it:confused: helm?). What are the other ones?

My next cruise will be my last as Platinum and I look forward to Elite.

Anyone remember glass cocktail glasses that you kept?

I remember on Sitmar cruises EVERYONE received an etched lead crystal glass and a free photo with the captain at the repeat cruiser's party.

Ah yes! The Good Ol' Days!....... We have a set! :)

well, this has nothing to do with the original subject matter, but since this has come up: what are the themes for the frosted shot glasses? I've gotten them on Italian night by getting lemoncellos... I have the starfish, ship, and wheel (I'm blanking on the real term for the latter.. or maybe that is it:confused: helm?). What are the other ones?

Compass star as well.

Compass

Anchor

Princess logo in an oval

Or is it that only Captain's Circle Elite get a plastic glass and everyone else attending the wine tasting gets a glass glass?

Haha! I would like to see a picture of the little plastic guy with blue/green feet.

Darn...I'm still short one type of glass but not sure which one & keep getting multiples of ones I already possess ;)

Should have mentioned it to me cugino. You can get what's missing just by asking the MD or headwaiter.

I'll be interested to see if there are any changes to the wine tasting and the take-home "glass" on my cruise in August.

The one I attended in March on the Crown was just like the ones I had been to before it, and we did have a dessert wine to taste, and did get the usual shotglass to keep.

I have multiples of all the glasses already, so don't bother bringing them home any more. I offer them to other wine tasting cruisers, and someone always wants them.

I always enjoy the elite wine tasting, even though the wines are not that great. But living here in the Napa Valley I have gone to many wine tastings where the wine is just not that good. However I have too many shot glasses and give them away when I can. BTW for the person who is going on the Regal, while on the Royal last year we got the same shot glasses as always. Also if you want a Regal T shirt buy it on the first day if you can. The Royal T shirts sold out very early on.

In April on the CB they still had the shot glasses - when we told our waiter the wines they were offering weren't any really enjoyed, he said just show up and get the shot glass. We didn't make it - he went and got us two shot glasses at dinner that evening. Our kids like them - we have enough.

I've never been either. the glasses might be nice to have but would I really use them? no, I wouldn't. my daughter went once and said the wines weren't very good and one tasted like feet...not really a selling point for me!

We just completed two little coastals. On the southbound on the Star they had the regular Grapevine wine tasting and we did receive the little frosted glasses. We have a lot of them but still keep collecting them. I guess I should check and see which one's we are missing.

On our northbound on the Grand, the free-to-elites wine tasting was the Maitre d' wine tasting where we tasted six wines, starting out with champagne, followed by two whites and three reds, all with especially selected hors d'oeuvres to enhance their flavor. All of the wines were quite nice. There were no shot glasses at this tasting. Very different from the normal Grapevine tastings.

We just completed two little coastals. On the southbound on the Star they had the regular Grapevine wine tasting and we did receive the little frosted glasses. We have a lot of them but still keep collecting them. I guess I should check and see which one's we are missing.

On our northbound on the Grand, the free-to-elites wine tasting was the Maitre d' wine tasting where we tasted six wines, starting out with champagne, followed by two whites and three reds, all with especially selected hors d'oeuvres to enhance their flavor. All of the wines were quite nice. There were no shot glasses at this tasting. Very different from the normal Grapevine tastings.

I'd MUCH rather have the better wine tasting than another one of those glasses! :D

We were on one our cruises last year and they did a Champagne Tasting, that was very informative and very good. It was a nice change. I wish I could remember which Princess ship we were on.
They offered the Champagne Tasting as a third tasting on our Panama Canal full transit on the Island in January of 2013. It was a nice change of pace. The cost was $25 but we got a $5 discount for signing up at the Maître 'd Wine Tasting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In April on the CB they still had the shot glasses - when we told our waiter the wines they were offering weren't any really enjoyed, he said just show up and get the shot glass. We didn't make it - he went and got us two shot glasses at dinner that evening. Our kids like them - we have enough.

We give ours to bar owners on the islands. They like to display them. We don't like to cart them home. It's a win-win.

ETA: Another win-win is when Princess shakes up the wine tastings a bit and offers wines that aren't the same Robert Mondavis, etc. Generoso did that on the Emerald Princess and I tasted a merlot I would never have otherwise tried. I adored it, and drank every remaining bottle on the ship over the next few cruises (and then brought some on from Total Wines). There is so much more that could be done with the wine tasting that, in the end, would benefit on board revenue in addition to enhancing the passenger experience.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

No. It's a freebie and you either go or don't go.

Exactly, that would be like us trying to trade our internet minutes we never use for something else.

This is true for all Elite perks. Some we use ... some we don't. No problem. :)

LuLu