HAL one week sale just announced

DaveOKC

Thanks, did use a TA, and we have received the HAL invoice, but I can't see the OBC's or the $50 drink cards,,either.

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's odd about the obc. Could your ta try to print a new one? It should show. The drink card will not show.

Now lets hope that I get it for my cruise. I already have OBC from Future Cruise Deposit and a double up offer from that, so I hope I can combine all three. Plus $100 stockholders credit. That would be $650 for the cabin for an 11 day cruise - not bad!

DaveOKC

Just talked to my PCC and I got the $650 OBC for this cruise! So they let me have the $150 promotion combined with the Future Cruise Deposit Credit and the Welcome Back email (code ZPM). I was concerned that they might not all be combinable.

DaveOKC

Good for you Dave. I called our TA to inquire about our Nov NA cruise and was told the OBC offer wasn't combineable with our Plat Amex offer. I wish they wouldn't make these offers only to turn around and say they can't be used because of x,y,z.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A segment of our cruise in 2015 was on the One Week Sale list. Our TA was able to get us the OBC from that promotion added to our booking.

I have a word of caution to pass along. I will never book a cruise while onboard a cruise through the Future Cruise Consultants. If you do receive the HAL email after you get home offering OBC if you book a cruise within XX days (the ZPM promo), you may not be able to get the ZPM OBC because it is technically not a “New Booking”. Just purchase your FCDs and come home and call your TA. It is much less painful getting everything you are entitled to.

Just my 2 cents worth.

just venting..

i booked with an organized group for a HAL cruise in July - with "special" pricing. And i'm so frustrated that after final payment there have been all these sales- and we see NONE of the benefit. I feel completely cheated. i'm paying a premium price for my cabin.. and get NO benefits like OBC..upgrades..offers.. etc... GRRRRRRR..... Never again.

I just got off the phone with HAL. My November cruise was included and I was able get additional OBC. Not the full amount as the price of the cruise has actually gone up - but still worth a couple of more nights in The Pinnacle Grill.

Thank you

A segment of our cruise in 2015 was on the One Week Sale list. Our TA was able to get us the OBC from that promotion added to our booking.

I have a word of caution to pass along. I will never book a cruise while onboard a cruise through the Future Cruise Consultants. If you do receive the HAL email after you get home offering OBC if you book a cruise within XX days (the ZPM promo), you may not be able to get the ZPM OBC because it is technically not a “New Booking”. Just purchase your FCDs and come home and call your TA. It is much less painful getting everything you are entitled to.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Sorry to hear that you missed out. I have been concerned about this same thing and therefore booked after I got home to be safe. Thanks for letting us all know how it works (or doesn't).

DaveOKC

Like Glen I was able to get the OBC for our Osterdam cruise (thanks Dave for the heads up). I was not as successful with another cruise that was listed. Did I win - or lose? Whenever you can get more OBC it is a win win! thanks to our TA a who went to bat for us.

Just talked to my PCC and I got the $650 OBC for this cruise! So they let me have the $150 promotion combined with the Future Cruise Deposit Credit and the Welcome Back email (code ZPM). I was concerned that they might not all be combinable.

DaveOKC

Happy it worked out for you!

DaveOKC

Hmmmmm...... My cruise is on the 'selected sailing' list. I just emailed back and forth with my PCC. To get the $150 per cabin I would need to 'rebook' and only get the $150 from the sale, lose my FCD OBC of $50/person; and then have to rebook all my pre-cruise purchases.... Not a good option for me as I did not want to risk losing my Retreat Cabana reservation.

What is the code ZPM offer?

Another example of PCC variance??

Dennis

Hmmmmm...... My cruise is on the 'selected sailing' list. I just emailed back and forth with my PCC. To get the $150 per cabin I would need to 'rebook' and only get the $150 from the sale, lose my FCD OBC of $50/person; and then have to rebook all my pre-cruise purchases.... Not a good option for me as I did not want to risk losing my Retreat Cabana reservation.

Dennis

The ZPM offer is an email from HAL after you complete a cruise, offering you some OBC if you book another cruise within a 60-90 day window. The amount you get depends on the length of cruise and category you book.

Dennis

You should not lose the FCD credit - others have done this and I got my FCD plus the $150, plus the ZPM offer. ZPM is part of an email HAL send out to recent cruisers (normally in 1-3 weeks of returning home) which says - WECOME HOME (or something similar) and offers OBC if you book within 60 days.

Dave

The ZPM offer is an email from HAL after you complete a cruise, offering you some OBC if you book another cruise within a 60-90 day window. The amount you get depends on the length of cruise and category you book.

Does this always happen?? I'm planning another cruise next summer. We were gonna book June, but if this always happens I'll wait till July when we return home :)

Does this always happen?? I'm planning another cruise next summer. We were gonna book June, but if this always happens I'll wait till July when we return home :)

I would wait. Some of us get them all the time - others never, go figure??

I would purchase Future Cruise Deposits while onboard from the Future Cruise Consultant. Do not book with him/her, just buy the $100 deposit (which also earns you some On Board Credits).

DaveOKC

Not a 100% guarantee. I've read on the HAL thread that some people never get them. I've had them after two of my cruises.

Was typing when DaveOKC was posting. I agree with DaveOKC.

Edited by shrimpboat123

Not a 100% guarantee. I've read on the HAL thread that some people never get them. I've had them after two of my cruises.

Was typing when DaveOKC was posting. I agree with DaveOKC.

and to add, even if you don't get the email - you just have to ask to have the code applied and I believe it is.

and to add, even if you don't get the email - you just have to ask to have the code applied and I believe it is.

Thanks for adding that. I do remember our TA mentioning that. The key is to book a new cruise within 90 days of completing your last cruise. Tell your TA you want the ZPM code added to your booking.

Thanks for adding that. I do remember our TA mentioning that. The key is to book a new cruise within 90 days of completing your last cruise. Tell your TA you want the ZPM code added to your booking.

My email said 60 days, not 90.

My email said 60 days, not 90.

You're right. It's 60 days from the date of the email. My email came 30 days after the end of the cruise. I was counting from when the cruise ended. :p

So if you don't get an email, be sure to contact your TA within 90 days of the end of your cruise.

I checked my TA's website, and HOORAY! there was my August 2015 cruise: a saving of $300.

After a lot of waiting on hold and calling back and forth, it turned out to be a mistake on the TA's part.

Should I sue for breach of promise?

Ira

You're right. It's 60 days from the date of the email. My email came 30 days after the end of the cruise. I was counting from when the cruise ended. :p

So if you don't get an email, be sure to contact your TA within 90 days of the end of your cruise.

Actually, I was wrong, not you! Mine said book by July 15 and we got back May 7, so I was going off of that.

DaveOKC

Looks like some good On Board Credits - prices the same as before. On my 11 day cruise I get an extra $150 OBC (per cabin), so not bad IMO.

DaveOKC

Thanks for the info. Got our obc today.