Where Is the Zuiderdam in Early April 2015?

We are looking at the Zuiderdam passage to Italy in March, 2015. The ship disappears for two weeks immediately following that. Does anyone know if it is going in for drydock? Or is it a charter?

Drydock. We board April 14 in Civitavecchia for 22 day Mediterranean & Adriatic Dream.

We heard on board they will add the spa cabins behind the Crows Nest from several people.

Not sure if just rumor but heard from a few also that they are adding cabins aft. Wondering if would be more like Noordam.

We heard on board they will add the spa cabins behind the Crows Nest from several people.

Not sure if just rumor but heard from a few also that they are adding cabins aft. Wondering if would be more like Noordam.

It will probably be very much like Noordam, with any lessons learned from the Noordam work.

• 1 month later...

We are considered the repositioning cruise on the Zuiderdam. I wonder what the staff vibe will be like on the cruise. Everyone will have to disembark in Italy, so there will be no rush to get the rooms ready for the next guests. Will workman board in Spain to start to get ready?

We are leery of booking right after a dry dock. Seems that many times they haven't finished according to their schedule and are still working on the ship as it sails away. Many cruisers like the first cruise of a ship but again we would rather wait.

We are leery of booking right after a dry dock. Seems that many times they haven't finished according to their schedule and are still working on the ship as it sails away. Many cruisers like the first cruise of a ship but again we would rather wait.

That's good advice. I had the first cruise after the Westy came out of drydock in April. Because of my job it's hard to get a cruise that fits between deadlines. The cruise was not great. I'll avoid after dry dock cruises in the future.

We have done the Zuiderdam repo from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver twice in the last few years and were looking to do it again next year. We had to switch to the Westerdam due to the Zuiderdam being positioned in Europe. The Westerdam cruise is only 20 days as opposed to the 22 days the Zuiderdam took.

We are not going post dry dock and so hope to have a better experience than Cruzchic did. We do have an amazing roll call going with so many people I already have cruised with and also so many that I have met on CC and am anxious to meet in person.