Solarium on Radiance

When the Radiance is in the caribbean is the roof on the solarium often opened up?

Also I have noticed that the price of a January /06 cruise aboard Radiance is considerably cheaper than other RCL and Princess cruises around the same date. I am not knocking it but I am wondering why that is. Any ideas?

I am afraid that the spa area pool on Radiance does not have an opening roof.

There are windows that open in the roof but the whole roof is not retractable.

I also think that the prices are lower because they are only 9 night cruises.

I am afraid that the spa area pool on Radiance does not have an opening roof.

There are windows that open in the roof but the whole roof is not retractable.

I also think that the prices are lower because they are only 9 night cruises.

The roof does retract. I did not like the solarium on this clas ship. Way too few lounges and 1 little tiny hot tub. Review below.

Does the Radiance solarium include a pool? How large is it? We cruised on Constellation to Baltic and they had a "Thallasotherapy" (spelling?) pool next to the spa. Since it was too cold to use the outdoor pools this was wonderful, but very few people used it whether they didn't know about it or just hadn't brought swim suits, I don't know. It was never crowded. Also I had read that there were only 3 small hot tubs on the Radiance - can this be true?

We spent seven gorgeous days in the Caribbean on Radiance-never once was the roof open. While the solarium is nice on the Radiance class of ships, I prefer the less "decorated" ones on the Vision class ships. The one on Radiance (and on Serenade, as well) always felt very humid and crowded with all the decor and the chairs being pushed so close together.

We spent seven gorgeous days in the Caribbean on Radiance-never once was the roof open. While the solarium is nice on the Radiance class of ships, I prefer the less "decorated" ones on the Vision class ships. The one on Radiance (and on Serenade, as well) always felt very humid and crowded with all the decor and the chairs being pushed so close together.

(beachchick here)

I agree, both about the decor and the "stuffy" and crowded feel. I liked the open and spacious one on Mariner best. We love the Radiance class, but don't care for the closed Solarium.

beachchick

Archived