What Did You Think About Joel the CD on Getaway

sandc4e

After hearing the great reviews about Julie and then great reviews about Sinan being the CD on Getaway, we were surprised to have Joel as the CD this past week on the Getaway.

He didn't strike me as all that great, what did you think? Just my opinion, wonder if I expected too much.

Thoughts?

After hearing the great reviews about Julie and then great reviews about Sinan being the CD on Getaway, we were surprised to have Joel as the CD this past week on the Getaway.

He didn't strike me as all that great, what did you think? Just my opinion, wonder if I expected too much.

Thoughts?

I actually loved Joel. My husband and I went to a lot of the events and every time he saw us there or even in the hallways he remembered us, called us by name and everything. We both loved him.

I thought he was nice enough and did his job and did it well. I do not really care who the cruise director is and actually all NCL cruise directors I have encountered have been enthusiastic and professional. Joel was great in my opinion as was his Cruise Director's Staff. Good job NCL.

Thanks for the feedback - I really enjoyed the staff (Zack, Omar, Chow) but didn't get to see much of Joel.

Maybe I set my expectations too high.

He is very new as CD and might have been extremely busy.

Thanks for the feedback - I really enjoyed the staff (Zack, Omar, Chow) but didn't get to see much of Joel.

Maybe you did. I've never known the name of any CDs on any of my cruises. I just don't pay any attention. Since I heard talk on here about Sinan, I was going to make a point to see what all the fuss was about. Now that he isn't there, I probably won't notice one way or the other if the CD is good.

We loved Zack and Kayleigh (I think I spelled that right..) Joel did a great job on our sailing (I think it was his first week as the CD May 3-10th). He seemed to be EVERYWHERE (even had an appearance in Legally Blonde!) and he always had a smile on his face. He must have an IV drip of caffeine in his room or something!

I think one of the reasons I really enjoy NCL is the cruise/gaming staff always seem to have a great time and really enjoy their jobs. They don't act too serious, and try and make sure everyone that is participating is having a great time.

Its always sujective when it come to rating things and cruise directors are no different. On our Breakaway 12 nighter we had Sinan and both DW and I thought he was the worse cruise director in over 20 cruises we have taken.

So like everything else one man's poison is another's treasure. Enjoy your vacation and don't let the cruise director influence that at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe you did. I've never known the name of any CDs on any of my cruises. I just don't pay any attention. Since I heard talk on here about Sinan, I was going to make a point to see what all the fuss was about. Now that he isn't there, I probably won't notice one way or the other if the CD is good.

Yippppeeee!,,, you are waking up on Getaway this morning!,,,go have some freestyle adventures and tell us all about it!,,( elbow elbow, wink, wink!!)

I am the same way. I can usually tell you if the cd is male or female and , perhaps, if they are British v Australian or the odd American thrown in...and that is about it.

Happy June, all!,,

Getaway is happy whomever her CD is.

[ATTACH]314762[/ATTACH]

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I have been hearing that song a LOT. Lately... Getting me very very excited for our July cruise!,,,

We just got off the Getaway yesterday and thought Joel was excellent. We thought he was very personable and really enjoyed what he was doing. We definitely saw him constantly out and about and connecting with other passengers, as well as ourselves, since we were all from Jersey. I agree with a previous poster in that he must have a caffeine IV drip!!

Maybe you did. I've never known the name of any CDs on any of my cruises. I just don't pay any attention. ...I probably won't notice one way or the other if the CD is good.

Agree with this. Never got the attention and "fawning" over who the CD, Captain, etc are on each cruise.