? about a fan

I have to have a fan on when I sleep at night. I thought I read on here somewhere that I could get one on the ship. Is this true or just wishful thinking..

Thanks

Here is a link to another thread regarding the same question which should provide the information you need.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2037661

I read a lot of people who bring there own. I am trying to not have to take up room in my suitcase with a fan. Doing an Alaska cruise and would rather save room for some extra layers of clothes....

We use a fan at night also, but bring our own. I called and asked once, if they could provide a fan in our room, and I was told they wouldn't be able to guarantee it, so if I needed it, we should bring one with us.

We asked for one on Oasis through special services and received an email stating a fan and extension cord would be in our cabin. When we got there the cord was present but no fan so I showed the email to the cabin steward and by the time we were back in our room that evening the fan was plugged in and going.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by MandyMooToo

I do not think they want you using your own extension cords.

I brought a battery operated fan and set it on the table next to the bed and it worked fine for 2 weeks when I needed one. Never had to change the batteries.

Laura

We asked for one on Oasis through special services and received an email stating a fan and extension cord would be in our cabin. When we got there the cord was present but no fan so I showed the email to the cabin steward and by the time we were back in our room that evening the fan was plugged in and going.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

what is the email for "special services" - thanks or is there a phone number?

I do not think they want you using your own extension cords.

I brought a battery operated fan and set it on the table next to the bed and it worked fine for 2 weeks when I needed one. Never had to change the batteries.

Laura

Forgot to mention the extension cord RCL gave me was a very heavy duty one.