Azamazing evening...Three Tenors question

midwestchick

We'll be doing this evening when we visit the port of Livorno. I did see some gorgeous pictures of the opera house in Livorno on facebook and was straining my eyes but it looked like people were possibly dressed in suits. I know the dress code on ACC but do other people take dress clothes and/or suits for this occasion?

I would love to hear from CC people who have gone to this event.

I attended the Three Tenors concert in Livorno in October. It was spectacular and I am sure you will love it.

That evening I wore a dress but I would have felt equally comfortable wearing trousers and a top.

Hope you have a wonderful evening.

We did this Azamazing Evening in 2013 and I have to say it was a fantastic night. The theatre is magnificent and the Three Tenors not only had wonderful voices but did a bit of comedy during their act and it was all very entertaining. We were sat in the front row and could see the expressions on the singers faces....opera and comedy seems a bit odd, but it really worked. It was also very well organised.

Most people dressed up a bit but I don't remember seeing many suits being worn. Smart trousers and a shirt for men and a bit of a sparkly top for the ladies would be fine. It is the theatre, but formal dress is not required. Hope your night is as good as ours was. :)

Most people dressed up a bit but I don't remember seeing many suits being worn. Smart trousers and a shirt for men and a bit of a sparkly top for the ladies would be fine. It is the theatre, but formal dress is not required. Hope your night is as good as ours was. :)

Thanks to you and Spursgirl for providing excellent guidance as to dress for this particular event.

The positive reviews also increase our anticipation.

ImageUploadedByForums1400968291.085235.jpg.49aa9a93f9aacf547e0c0b73a9be77b7.jpg

We enjoyed a lovely AzAmazing evening here 2 weeks ago. It was a slightly cooler evening and everyone was dressed for a night out. Women in nice dresses and pant suits and many men in jackets. It was very nice to see everyone dressed nicely. There will be a short walk from the buses to the theatre on slightly uneven pavement so keep in mind when planning your shoes. The 3 Tenors were full of life and the evening went off just perfectly!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1400968265.786631.jpg.3238b467426a2f37cf6bfd7f17e488fe.jpg

[ATTACH]313912[/ATTACH][ATTACH]313913[/ATTACH]

We enjoyed a lovely AzAmazing evening here 2 weeks ago. It was a slightly cooler evening and everyone was dressed for a night out. Women in nice dresses and pant suits and many men in jackets. It was very nice to see everyone dressed nicely. There will be a short walk from the buses to the theatre on slightly uneven pavement so keep in mind when planning your shoes. The 3 Tenors were full of life and the evening went off just perfectly!

Thank you for the positive post. I've only heard good things about the Three Tenors night and that's why I signed up for it, even though we have a very long excursion day toruing the Tuscan countryside. Not sure if I'll pack a jacket for DH but dress pants and a dress shirt should be appropriate for him and of course a nice outfit for me. I appreciate you mentioning the fact about the walk. I will definitely plan on wearing shoes that are appropriate for walking and country club casual. :D

[ATTACH]313912[/ATTACH][ATTACH]313913[/ATTACH]

Ditto

We enjoyed this night 2 weeks ago...it ran quite smoothly and the show was great. I wore slacks and a top.

• 3 weeks later...

I just looked at the itinerary again and it states we depart for the opera at 8:00 P.M. Is there a special buffet beforehand or do some people try to eat in the MDR. I know it would not be possible for everyone to eat there on the Azamazing evenings.

I just looked at the itinerary again and it states we depart for the opera at 8:00 P.M. Is there a special buffet beforehand or do some people try to eat in the MDR. I know it would not be possible for everyone to eat there on the Azamazing evenings.

Midwestchick, the timing for our AzAmazing Evening in Malta was a little different than yours as our event started earlier. However, all the information about it was in the Pursuits, available in your cabin the night before. We had an International Dinner Buffet in both Discoveries Lounge on deck 5 and Windows Cafe, deck 9. You'll know before you go on your daytime excursion exactly what kind (and the timing) of dinner you'll be served beforehand, as well as when the bus starts loading up passengers to transport everyone. The wording in our Pursuits was "In order to provide a smooth disembarkation of approximately 550 guests, we will be staggering the groups by decks, starting with deck 8. Kindly listen carefully to the PA announcement and only proceed ashore once your deck number has been called. The announcement can be heard in all public areas of the ship starting 6:30 pm and on your TV/Channel 4." So you see, depending on what deck your cabin is on, you might have a bit more time to enjoy your dinner!

Thank you, Deirdre. That is a big help. We are on deck 7 so we may be one of the first one to be called to board the buses. I'll be sure to check our newsletter. This is going to be one busy cruise with no sea days....and we're so looking forward to all of it. :D

For our 3 Tenors evening there was a special buffet in the MDR. Food was served from the central area. As you can imagine, the place was packed, but it wasn't unpleasant and we were all fed and away on time. Enjoy your evening.