Lack of tech support for Memorial Weekend

pjs9876

I'm sailing on cruise #14 with Princess in a couple weeks. The website no longer recognizes me! I spoke with Princess on the phone and was told, "no one is available to fix that until Monday and maybe not till Tuesday because of the holiday." I can access info for the upcoming cruise by using the booking number but I can't check prices, see My Princess, etc. I was going to use my time off to make final decisions for future cruises. Without the login I can not see the best rates.

I would think weekends are a high volume time for Princess. Getting passengers booked seems like a priority. Would it be too much to ask for a little technical help? I doubt I am the only one that ever has a tech issue. Does anyone know of additional email addresses or phone numbers to call for help?

I think most cruises are still booked through a travel agency, if it be an online agent or a real person agent. Going off of this, my guess is most cruises are booked during the week. When I have spoken to my agent, she tells me the weekend call people are not as good as the people she speaks to during the week.

Regardless, it is never good business when people are unable to get the info that they need in order to make a purchase.

Holiday weekends are usually downtime for companies when doing maintenance on computer systems. Several of my banks list this weekend as having down time.

As a former TA that booked a lot of Princess I often deferred to weekday contact with Princess agents as weekend coverage was weak or limited at best .

There was a time that they were even closed on Sunday :(

The knowledgeable Princess people and the ones with the most pull to get things resolved, work weekdays.

CLIA states that 65% of all cruise bookings are made by TA's .

Of course that is down from 95% in the days before the internet.

I'm sailing on cruise #14 with Princess in a couple weeks. The website no longer recognizes me! I spoke with Princess on the phone and was told, "no one is available to fix that until Monday and maybe not till Tuesday because of the holiday." I can access info for the upcoming cruise by using the booking number but I can't check prices, see My Princess, etc. I was going to use my time off to make final decisions for future cruises. Without the login I can not see the best rates.

I would think weekends are a high volume time for Princess. Getting passengers booked seems like a priority. Would it be too much to ask for a little technical help? I doubt I am the only one that ever has a tech issue. Does anyone know of additional email addresses or phone numbers to call for help?

Have you at sometime made a change to the email address you sign in with? If so, try the previous email address and password and you may get in the way you want. This same thing happened to me on a weekend recently and I had to wait until Monday to get help. I asked them to remove any trace of a previous email address. It may be too soon to know if that really happened or not. Hmmm, I will go try it now and see ..... (OK, I seem to have no problem right now)

When they program something new in, sometimes it knocks heck with other stuff. Particularly with sign-in. They appear to have no idea why, either. LOL :D This is not the first time this has happened to me either.

A crazy thing happened to me on the Princess site. When I hit "sign in" it did not recognize me. Tried it again twice. No luck.

Then, under booked guest I clicked "My Princess" and was instructed to "sign in". Did so and signed in the same as I always have. No problem. :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

A crazy thing happened to me on the Princess site. When I hit "sign in" it did not recognize me. Tried it again twice. No luck.

Then, under booked guest I clicked "My Princess" and was instructed to "sign in". Did so and signed in the same as I always have. No problem. :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

LuLu

Tried that and tried different access. Guess I'm not booking anything this weekend.:confused:

Edited by pjs9876