Downgrading pre-paid drinks package

Another drinks question.......I am thinking of pre-paying (before we go) for the premium drinks package but i am thinking i might have had enough alcohol by the 2nd week.

My question is will i be able to downgrade to the royal replenish package (on day 7 out of 14) & would i be able to do it if i have pre-paid for my drinks package before departure.

Here is the link to their FAQ page: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/subject.do?snav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqSubjectId=336&pnav=5

Q: Can I cancel or change any of my Wine & Beverage packages?

A: Orders may be modified up to four days before the sail date either online or by calling (800) 398-9819.

Once onboard, the guest may cancel or change their package for onboard credit. However, any consumed items will be charged.

Q: What is the refund/cancellation policy for the Wine & Beverage packages?

A: Any orders canceled up to four days before the sail date are 100% refundable. Once onboard, refunds will be credited to the guest's folio account. Any partially consumed portion of the package will be charged at full price.

Not very clear, imo. I am sure they would let you upgrade. Not so sure about downgrades.

I've wondered the same...so if you get the package and you aren't drinking as much as you thought you would, or you get ill, etc., can you cancel and pay the normal rate for the drinks consumed? I would think they would allow that...

On the granduer last week they allowed my wife and I to cancel the premium package after two days. Unfortunatly due to an unexpected medical issue I was not able to drink like we had planned.

did they just prorate you the few days?

did they just prorate you the few days?

No, they refund the entire price of the package, and then charge you individually for every drink you have consumed. That's one reason they still swipe your card for every drink when you have the package.

No, they refund the entire price of the package, and then charge you individually for every drink you have consumed. That's one reason they still swipe your card for every drink when you have the package.

Really???? You have witnessed this?

ahh thanks

That would make sense to me from a business standpoint.

Actually, they did not do this for us, they charged us for two days of the package not individual drinks.