Princess Credit Card

titansluvr

At some point there was a fairly good thread about the Princess Credit Card. I have one, but probably don't get the maximum benefit. Basically you get points for everything you purchase and double points for purchases with Princess. I had been using my card for years before I realized that I could turn them in for obc or an actual cash credit to my account. Now I make sure that I pay for my cruise with this card only and use this one for my onboard account. If you go onto the Barclay Card website and navigate your way to the benefit page or points page you can see all the marvelous offerings they have in store for you.

We got the credit card and used it to pay for everything preparing for our Princess cruise (we paid for a 3 generation cruise so got double points). Rather than take any SBC once we board in July, we opted to take a $600. credit against the balance owing on our c.c. They don't seem to make it well known that you can get credit against balance which may have NOTHING to do with you cruise.

I have the Princess Credit card and cashed in points for $600 shipboard credit each time for my last two cruises. Not too shabby. Doesn't take any effort and I have enough to pay for tips, a tour if we choose to utilize Princess, and whatever else.

We also have Carnival stock, Military and do on-board booking so we come on board with a nice little amount on our account!

I have the Princess Credit card and cashed in points for $600 shipboard credit each time for my last two cruises. Not too shabby. Doesn't take any effort and I have enough to pay for tips, a tour if we choose to utilize Princess, and whatever else.

We also have Carnival stock, Military and do on-board booking so we come on board with a nice little amount on our account!

Can I get a clarification of "on board booking"? Is there a difference from purchasing FCC's? Thank you.

500$ off my last cruise, and just before we sailed amassed another 2500 points, normally in CC bonus terms- it is worth about 25$...(like on my B&N Master Card)- we were able to turn it into a balcony breakfast for free worth 32$ they charge...it was an amazing sailaway from Venice...well enjoyed...

For this years cruise, I am almost at another 500$ off....charging everything (I pay off balance monthly....) If you cruise Princess, and can pay off your CC, they have good bonuses..

Bernadette

I have the Princess card and I use it only for anything Princess: cruise fare, onboard account, etc. Otherwise, it doesn't return enough for me to use it otherwise.

I have an AA MasterCard and use it for everything else. Plus, AA has a "shopping mall" and if you buy from online stores (with the exception of Amazon) and go through the AA mall link, you can get 2-10 miles for each $1. This is how I accumulate enough to have flown First Class from LA to Beijing and LA to Venice last year, and Business Class from LA to Copenhagen and NY to LA this year, not to mention I used miles to upgrade from Coach to First Class from FLL to LA last year. My AA card saves me literally thousands of $$$.

Thanks everyone for the info...just applied for one today!!

Earlier this year they dropped the foreign currency exchange rate of 3% & have no fees for charges outside of the US. Under the tools section of their website they have a function where you can input the countries you will be visiting to reduce the possibility of it being rejected.

Earlier this year they dropped the foreign currency exchange rate of 3% & have no fees for charges outside of the US. Under the tools section of their website they have a function where you can input the countries you will be visiting to reduce the possibility of it being rejected.

Now all it needs is "chip and PIN" technology.

I also like that they are very quick to make sure there is no fraud on the account. If I use it anywhere unusual I get a cell phone call, home phone call and email saying if I don't verify the charges my card will be suspended. Now, that also means I've been denied for my own purchases because it wasn't a store that was "in your pattern". In fairness - the store was a specialty store that only people that own a restaurant can shop at. My card is low interest (8.5%) and can carry a high balance, if needed. I've never cashed in my points so I just might have a free cruise coming :D.