Postal code problem during online check in?

cruzinfamilyof4

So I'm trying to do our online check and I keep getting a code that says "Invalid Address - Postal Code". Ok I've lived here for over 20 years I know what my postal code it (even googled it just in case I was losing it or they changed it on me). :confused: How am I supposed to check us in if it won't take the information. I tried day before yesterday and today. Any ideas what is going on?

So I'm trying to do our online check and I keep getting a code that says "Invalid Address - Postal Code". Ok I've lived here for over 20 years I know what my postal code it (even googled it just in case I was losing it or they changed it on me). :confused: How am I supposed to check us in if it won't take the information. I tried day before yesterday and today. Any ideas what is going on?
If you're using the 9-digit ZIP Code, put a dash between the first five numbers and the last four. Otherwise, just use the main 5-number ZIP Code. If that doesn't work, call Princess tomorrow.

One possibility is if you live in a Township, your ZIP code might not be the same as your town's but that of the post office in charge of delivering your mail. We have several areas like that where I live. In fact, I have a ZIP code that puts my physical location in the next town although I do not live there but that post office is where my mail is processed. I ordered a new chair yesterday and I had to keep pointing out that while the ZIP said Belmar, I live in Wall Township, and had to make sure the salesman put a note on the delivery instructions. Doesn't help that there is a street with the same name located in Belmar.

Best advice, call Princess.

Call Princess; they have the ability to override. I had an issue with check-in where it wouldn't let me opt out of post-cruise flight info. We live in the city of destination so obviously didn't have a flight, just needed the Princess train to get home. They fixed it right away.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Gonna go out on a limb a bit and note the OP called it a postal code as we do in Canada. I do not know the Princess form, but web designers LOVE to ask your zip code or postal code and then you country. Unfortunately, these forms often default to the USA and so it tests the input against the US Postal rules and says it is wrong.

You often have to jump down to the country and change it to the correct value and only then go back to the postal code or zip code field.

It may not be this, but perhaps another time it may help somebody.

M

Gonna go out on a limb a bit and note the OP called it a postal code as we do in Canada. I do not know the Princess form, but web designers LOVE to ask your zip code or postal code and then you country. Unfortunately, these forms often default to the USA and so it tests the input against the US Postal rules and says it is wrong.

You often have to jump down to the country and change it to the correct value and only then go back to the postal code or zip code field.

M

Good advice, as mentioned it normally allows us Aussies to then change our 4 digit post code to five.

M

Good advice. The OP is from California and the form asks for "Zipcode/Postal Code" which is why he might have used the term Postal Code. I checked my form and saw that my Zipcode is listed with the five digits, a hypen, and then the four digits so if he'd tried to enter nine digits, it might not have accepted it. Technically, the US Postal Service uses a 9-digit Zipcode although most people still use just the five digits.

Also make sure that your street address is only on one line -- for some reason Princess's system doesn't allow two-line addresses for US addresses only for international ones, so if you try to put your apartment number or something on a second line, it'll reject (with a message that doesn't make it really obvious what the problem is).

A little off topic, but I've found that some online forms don't work well with IE these days. I have to use Chrome.

For instance, when I try to go to the US post office site, using IE it insists my zip code doesn't offer held mail. But if I use Chrome it works fine. My IT hubby says I need to change it to be compatibility mode, but if you didn't know that, maybe it could explain some inconsistencies.

Hi all,

The weird thing is, I tried doing it weeks back on my personalizer, wouldn't take it, forgot about it.

Tried just now, you MUST enter a zip code

5 digits did not work, 9 number without dash did not work, 9 numbers WITH dash didn't work.

I am using Chrome to access it, not IE. Just tried IE, no go....

I did have to call at one point because the TA number was showing as MY number....Guess I have to call again, because not allowing me to add any version of a correct zip, is keeping my online paperwork incomplete!

Bernadette

Thanks everyone! Yes I'm in So. California, no townships or anything like that, in fact only 1 post office; we are pretty small town. The "postal code" was the actual wording that the Princess site gave me when I tried entering my zip code. I tried the 9 digit number with and without the hyphen and it didn't work. I called Princess and they input the information, told me to get out of My Princess and try again and there shouldn't be a problem. She said they don't know why that happens.

Now to finish checking in and planning our excursions! :p

Thanks everyone! Yes I'm in So. California, no townships or anything like that, in fact only 1 post office; we are pretty small town. The "postal code" was the actual wording that the Princess site gave me when I tried entering my zip code. I tried the 9 digit number with and without the hyphen and it didn't work. I called Princess and they input the information, told me to get out of My Princess and try again and there shouldn't be a problem. She said they don't know why that happens.

Now to finish checking in and planning our excursions! :p

Glad it has been rectified now, in any case. Enjoy your cruise.:D

• 2 weeks later...
I gave up trying to use IE to access the Princess web site, I now use Google Chrome and have no problems.

Yes, I have had the same issue on other websites. Can't use IE even with compatability, but Google Chrome works fine.