Official Celebrity Beverage Packages

It says exactly that specials are not covered with the Classic drinks package on 'The Preismans' menus for Martini bar

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm

It's a special offered to those without a package plain and simple. It's not a new change - check out the wording on this menu from 6 months ago.

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#martini

I have heard of this "vault" of valuable information that is compiled by the Preismans, but I will be the first to admit that I do not refer back to it often enough... much like some folks on Cruise Critic that ask questions in search of quick answers because no effort has been put in to locate it first.... but I digress.

Many thanks for the two of you to point toward the menus available on the Preismans site.

Edited by vulcan1971

It says exactly that specials are not covered with the Classic drinks package on 'The Preismans' menus for Martini bar

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm

The "official" celebrity policy...posted here by the official celebrity poster is:

The Classic Package includes spirits and cocktails priced up to $8.00 per glass, beers up to $6.00 per

bottle/glass, wines up to $9.00 per glass (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed

below.

It does not say anything about specials or even bars where the package can be used....it is actually very clear.

The fact that something is printed on a menu really doesn't change Celebrity's policy or what you purchased....it could have been added by that ship...and in fact, it probably was because that isn't a condition of what you purchased...any more than the ship printing that the classic package is not accepted in the MDR.

I do think there is a difference between saying that a liquor is no longer available within the package....they've said that now.....but I don't think that saying a specific drink isn't included is even rational as long as the drink is offered within the price limit.

I don't want to start another long legal thread....but if specials are not included, then it should be posted on the celebrity web site....and it should be posted here by the official celebrity person.

Edited by ghstudio

The "official" celebrity policy...posted here by the official celebrity poster is:

The Classic Package includes spirits and cocktails priced up to $8.00 per glass, beers up to $6.00 per

bottle/glass, wines up to $9.00 per glass (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed

below.

It does not say anything about specials or even bars where the package can be used....it is actually very clear.

The fact that something is printed on a menu really doesn't change Celebrity's policy or what you purchased....it could have been added by that ship...and in fact, it probably was because that isn't a condition of what you purchased...any more than the ship printing that the classic package is not accepted in the MDR.

I do think there is a difference between saying that a liquor is no longer available within the package....they've said that now.....but I don't think that saying a specific drink isn't included is even rational as long as the drink is offered within the price limit.

I don't want to start another long legal thread....but if specials are not included, then it should be posted on the celebrity web site....and it should be posted here by the official celebrity person.

Is everyone aware of this sentence on the Celebrity site beverage package page?

"Other terms and conditions apply."

Has anyone ever asked what they are?

Is everyone aware of this sentence on the Celebrity site beverage package page?

"Other terms and conditions apply."

Has anyone ever asked what they are?

Excellent catch.....That's a get out of jail free card for anything anyone makes up on the spot....eg. classic package is not valid in the sky lounge. I hope someone asks....

Heres the list from Eclipse last week. Pina Coladas and BBCs are also included but not listed. There are probably others too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Kevin. Hope a list like that is readily available for my upcoming cruise.

This is by no means a complaint re the beverage packages, but we are wondering how a

Stateroom Bar Set-up has become so expensive. One 750 bottle of perhaps Vodka with

6 cans of soda, will cost up to… $88.80 per pkg. One Litre of Glenlivit scotch with soda,

will cost up to $100.00…… for one bottle of spirits, this seems a bit extreme. We should

not compare, I know…. but how can HAL sell this exact pkg. for $38.00, 15% included?

All this for ONE bottle….. wow!

This is by no means a complaint re the beverage packages, but we are wondering how a

Stateroom Bar Set-up has become so expensive. One 750 bottle of perhaps Vodka with

6 cans of soda, will cost up to… $88.80 per pkg. One Litre of Glenlivit scotch with soda,

will cost up to $100.00…… for one bottle of spirits, this seems a bit extreme. We should

not compare, I know…. but how can HAL sell this exact pkg. for $38.00, 15% included?

All this for ONE bottle….. wow!

Princess has prices close to HALs but they are only 375ml bottles and no soda

That isnt the point, the point is that the Celebrity issued list changed, if they had never issued a list then everything would have been OK and they could change the price of anything so that it wasnt included.

As it happens it doesnt make that much of a difference now as most of the excluded items are back on the classic now, unless of couse you like drinking Jamesons, with an O'Douls washed down with a Becks!

Let's just agree to disagree.

I still believe the drinks are determined by the limit and not the list. This has been the situation from day one and remains the situation today. The list is an example of what is included at a point in time and is subject to change and the limits. It really is not about the issuing of a "list". It is just a convenience based at a point in time. I would be willing to bet that there has always been items not on a list that are included and that will remain.

Let's just agree to disagree.

I still believe the drinks are determined by the limit and not the list. This has been the situation from day one and remains the situation today. The list is an example of what is included at a point in time and is subject to change and the limits. It really is not about the issuing of a "list". It is just a convenience based at a point in time. I would be willing to bet that there has always been items not on a list that are included and that will remain.

A sensible post. Thanks jagoffee.

And when the price of most things that were on the list increased so they were now just over the price limit leaving very few options, then the package to many became useless.

At least you get it Pushka.:)

Hi all,

As promised, we have included our Classic and Premium Beverage Package below, and they are current as of May 28, 2014.

Classic Package:

The Classic Package includes beer up to $6.00 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks priced up to $8.00 per serving, and wine up to $9.00 per serving (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package. Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package.

Premium Package:

The Premium Package includes beer, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wine by the glass up to $13.00 per serving (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Premium Package. Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Premium Package.

Thankyou for the extensive range detailed in this list -

Especially the Wine List !!!!!!! Such an impressive list here.:rolleyes:

-

Premium Package

The Premium Package includes beer, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wine by the glass up to

$13.00 per serving (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The

following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Premium Package. Please note

that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below

are not guaranteed to be included in the Premium Package.

Non- Alcoholic

Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, NA Specialty Coffees etc., Additional Coffee Syrup, Extra Shot Espresso, Tea

Forte, Can Soda, Soda by the Glass, Assorted Juices and Fresh Squeezed, Premium Bottled water,

Arizona Iced Teas, NA cocktails and Smoothies, Vitamin Water, Red Bull

Beers

Bud Light, Budwesier, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, Alaskan Brewery, Franziskaner, Strongbow Cider, O'Douls,

Blue Moon, Leffe Blonde Ale, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken, Red Stripe, Sam Adams, Sapporo ,

Boddingtons, Hoegaarden, Dos Equis, Bohemia, Kirin, Kirin Light, Corona Guinness Stout, Newcastle

Ale, Stella Artois, Peroni, Sierra Nevada, La Fin Du Monde, Fullers London Pride, Anchor Steam, Rogue

Dead Guy Ale, Dogfish head, Ommeang Abby Ale

Spirits

Vodka

Smirnoff, Absolut, Stolichnaya, Reval Classic, Firefly, Ketel One, Belvedere, Three Olives, Effen, 42 Below,

Absolut 100, Rain Vodka, Symphony, X- Rated, Absolut Elyx, Xellent Swiss, Grey Goose, Christiania, Pearl,

Stolichnaya Elite, Ciroc Hangar, One Imperia, Jewel of Russia, Classic Reyka, Russian Standard, TRU

Organic, Trump Super Premium, Charbay, Chopin, Belvedere Intense, Pravda

Gin

Beefeater, Gordon's, Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire, Hendrick's Gin, Plymouth English Gin, Tanqueray 10

Batch Distilled

Tequila

Jose Cuervo Blanco, Jose Cuervo Gold, Milagro Silver, Cazadores Blanco, Cazadores Resposado,

Cazadores Anejo ,Tequila Patron Silver, Patron Reposado, Patron XO Café, Don Julio Blanco, Gran

Centenario Reposado Tequila, Herradura

Scotch

Cutty Sark,Old Black Bush, Bell's, Chivas , Dewar's, Glenfiddich, J&B, Johnnie Walker Red & Black, Old

Bushmills, Famous Grouse, Jameson, Glenlivet, Chivas Century, Dalwhinnie, Lagavulin, Laphroaig 10 Yrs,

Jameson 12yr Special Reserve, Dewar's 12 Yrs., Macallan, Highland Park 12 yrs, Cragganmore , Jameson

Gold

Bourbon/Brandy

Jim Beam, Blanton's, Makers Mark, Jack Daniels, Jack Daniels Honey, Bookers, Knob Creek, Basil Hayden,

Woodford Reserve, Bakers, Napoleon, Barsol , Pisco, Courvoisier VS, Martell VS, Carlos 1, Courvoisier

VSOP, Martell VSOP,Remy Martin VSOP

Rum

Rum White House Pour, House Rum, Bacardi, Bacardi Flavors, Captain Morgan, Matusalem Reserva,

Myer's, Malibu, Gosling's Black Seal, Bacardi Oakheart Spiced Rum, Bacardi 8,

Brugal Anejo, English Harbour, Leblon Cachaca, Barbancourt Mount Gay, Pyratt XO, 10 CanE, Flor de

Cana, Centenario Gold 18 years, Ron Zacapa Solera Grand Reserve 23 yrs

Canadian Whiskey

Canadian Club, Seagram 7, Seagram VO, Crown Royal

Aperitifs/Cordials

Campari, Dubonnet, Frenet Branca, Pernod, Punt e Mes, Vermouth Dry, Vermouth Sweet, Pimms,

Limoncello, Aperol, Lillet Blanc, Lillet Rouge, Amaretto, Anisette, Cherry Herring, Cassis, Frangelico,

Kahlua, Liquor43, Ouzo, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria, Alize Gold Passion, B&B, Bailey's, Benedictine,

Cointreau, Chambord, Drambuie, Galliano, Goldschlager, Godiva, Chocolate, Hpnotic, Jagermister,

Midori, Sambuca, Absinthe, Amarula, Domaine de Canton Ginger, Grand Marnier, St. Germain

Elderflower Liqueur, TY KU Soju, Veev Acai Berry Liqueur

Ports and Sherries

Dry Sack, Harvey Bristol Cream, Lustau Solera, Tio Pepe, Taylor Fladgate, Gossart Gordon, Fonseca

Wines

We will continue to offer a large global assortment of red, white and sparkling wines by the glass.

WHAT - NO WINE LIST ? A list of 20 Rums , but no wine list ?

AND with this Proviso included --

" Please note

that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below

are not guaranteed to be included in the Premium Package. ":eek:

If you were interested in the deterioration of the Wine By The Glass List - That was worth waiting for.:rolleyes: Thanks to those who photographed their menus so we can see all the wines now nolonger included - saves being surprised onboard..

And when the price of most things that were on the list increased so they were now just over the price limit leaving very few options, then the package to many became useless.

At least you get it Pushka.:)

Do you realize that your statement that "most things" is not true? Did you actually compare the list? I think a "few things" is a more accurate statement, but I did not compare each item on the two lists.

Has anyone compared the most recent list to the previous list? Is it really over 60% smaller as Pushka and hammo seem to indicate? I do not think a list of actual wines by the glass detail was ever provided.

Do you realize that your statement that "most things" is not true? Did you actually compare the list? I think a "few things" is a more accurate statement, but I did not compare each item on the two lists.

Has anyone compared the most recent list to the previous list? Is it really over 60% smaller as Pushka and hammo seem to indicate? I do not think a list of actual wines by the glass detail was ever provided.

I guess you have not read all the Posts Jagoffee --

Firstly , I dont believe I have never mentioned your figure of "over 60%" , so please do not quote me on that.

Secondly , Of course we are comparing the wine by glass lists - that is what this is about .Why dont you have a look yourself.

As to the list of wines previously available and now not available - have a look at the wine by glass menus here on CC from cruisers who kindly provide them. You will see the changes.

When I signed up for the Premium Package upgrade, Celebrity provided a list of wines included in the Package - now they have moved several outside the limit previously included . That is unfair .

We sail in September and Ironically , I have now booked another Celebrity cruise for 2015 . I am fully aware of the new Premium Package limitations when it comes to wine by the glass and I still made my decision to buy the Premium Package . It was an informed decision.

The September cruise is another story - Celebrity changed what I purchased - gave me no alternative selection substitute ,no recompense to the value removed and therefore degraded the package I purchased in good faith and with my hard earned$.

That is the Truth of it.

Yes it is. Most of the wines disappeared. As did the beers. I saw the original list and posted it way back. The old and the "original revised" lists are poles apart.

Why did you first state our posts weren't true then in the next line used words like "I do not think". Clearly you haven't been tracking the threads but just decided we were wrong. And where does 60% come from?

As far as the wine list goes - the price list posted by KevinYork showed wine prices over the $8 limit that were previously under the limit. Not just a few, but a lot. Leaving us with very little choice. That's how I know how much we'd lost in choice.

Beers - the revised beer list was awful. Bud?

Not sure who is flogging the dead horse. Hammo and I are just responding to someone who has decided we were wrong without reading the info in the threads.

Edited by Pushka
edit

Yes it is. Most of the wines disappeared. As did the beers. I saw the original list and posted it way back. The old and the "original revised" lists are poles apart.

Why did you first state our posts weren't true then in the next line used words like "I do not think". Clearly you haven't been tracking the threads but just decided we were wrong. And where does 60% come from?

As far as the wine list goes - the price list posted by KevinYork showed wine prices over the $8 limit that were previously under the limit. Not just a few, but a lot. Leaving us with very little choice. That's how I know how much we'd lost in choice.

Not sure who is flogging the dead horse. Hammo and I are just responding to someone who has decided we were wrong without reading the info in the threads.

Wasn't KevininYork's list a UK sailing list, where they included grats and moved up the package limit above the $8?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Wasn't KevininYork's list a UK sailing list, where they included grats and moved up the package limit above the $8?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Only after some persuasion. He posted that list because many of the drinks were no longer available to him.

I guess you have not read all the Posts Jagoffee --

Firstly , I dont believe I have never mentioned your figure of "over 60%" , so please do not quote me on that.

Secondly , Of course we are comparing the wine by glass lists - that is what this is about .Why dont you have a look yourself.

As to the list of wines previously available and now not available - have a look at the wine by glass menus here on CC from cruisers who kindly provide them. You will see the changes.

When I signed up for the Premium Package upgrade, Celebrity provided a list of wines included in the Package - now they have moved several outside the limit previously included . That is unfair .

We sail in September and Ironically , I have now booked another Celebrity cruise for 2015 . I am fully aware of the new Premium Package limitations when it comes to wine by the glass and I still made my decision to buy the Premium Package . It was an informed decision.

The September cruise is another story - Celebrity changed what I purchased - gave me no alternative selection substitute ,no recompense to the value removed and therefore degraded the package I purchased in good faith and with my hard earned$.

That is the Truth of it.

Yes, I have been reading the posts and I was responding to your agreement with Pushka. Pushka said most items which I would assume would have to be more than 50%, so I picked 60%. You agreed, so I assumed you also felt it was most as well.

It seemed to me that Pushka was discussing the Celebrity drink lists.

I may not be keeping it all straight, but I still do not think any of the lists (except the Eclipse list which I still believe was a human error) has had most items increased above the limit.

Please let us know how bad it is for you when you return from your September cruise. For me I will play the difference if it is important for me.

Enjoy your cruise.

You said most items, so I assumed that it was over 50%.

Do you realize that the Classic wine package limit was increased to $9?

I guess will find out if it really is over 50% (most). Not my recollection reviewing the lists.

Do you realize that the Classic wine package limit was increased to $9?

Only just in the last few days.

As far as the 60% goes - I never mentioned a figure but on looking at what was included originally and what was recently offered, the reduction would, at a guess, be more than that.

Only just in the last few days.

As far as the 60% goes - I never mentioned a figure but on looking at what was included originally and what was recently offered, the reduction would, at a guess, be more than that.

True, you just said most. So I picked a number that was a conservative most. I guess technically it could be 51%.

I just read a post for someone on a cruise that said more wines were within the Premium limit than not.

I hope you are not correct with you prediction of most, but we will find out when we cruise next. I personally am not anticipating a significant negative input and you might be.

We both hope I am correct.

IMO change always brings a degree of uncertainty.

Hi all,

As promised, we have included our Classic and Premium Beverage Package below, and they are current as of May 28, 2014.

Classic Package:

The Classic Package includes beer up to $6.00 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks priced up to $8.00 per serving, and wine up to $9.00 per serving (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package. Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package.

Premium Package:

The Premium Package includes beer, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wine by the glass up to $13.00 per serving (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Premium Package. Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Premium Package.

Hello Celebrity- We are interested in booking the classic package from the USA, but your website as of today is not updated to reflect the above mentioned additions. Which listing can we rely on when booking? Thanks

If I don't get a package to start with, I have read I can get it during my cruise. Is there a minimum number of days I have to purchase to get a package?

An earlier post said four, but that may differ from ship to ship. Celebrity's lack of consistency has been confusing and frustrating.