Does Princess offer transfers in San Francisco?

KruzPrincess

We took a Princess transfer from San Francisco pier to the San Francisco Airport last Friday (May 23) and arrived in plenty of time for our 12:18 flight. Very smooth disembarkation and transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We took a Princess transfer from San Francisco pier to the San Francisco Airport last Friday (May 23) and arrived in plenty of time for our 12:18 flight. Very smooth disembarkation and transfer.

Thank you!

Has anyone sailed in or out of San Francisco lately? Were transfers offered? I've read conflicting information. Thanks.

Apparently you can get them for SFO (San Francisco Itnl Airport) but not OAK (Oakland Intl Airport). We find cheaper flights to OAK, so we always fly to SF through there. It's across the bay from the city, but SFO is several miles to the south.

Apparently you can get them for SFO (San Francisco Itnl Airport) but not OAK (Oakland Intl Airport). We find cheaper flights to OAK, so we always fly to SF through there. It's across the bay from the city, but SFO is several miles to the south.

Thanks. I know some people prefer an airline that only flies into Oakland, but my preferred airline does fly to SFO, so that works for me. Glad to hear there are transfers.

I'll fly into to San Francisco a day or 2 early next Feb. for the RT Hawaii cruise.

I know that I can get a Princess transfer from ship to airport AFTER the cruise, but what about BEFORE? Or is that available only on the day of embarkation?

I'll fly into to San Francisco a day or 2 early next Feb. for the RT Hawaii cruise.

I know that I can get a Princess transfer from ship to airport AFTER the cruise, but what about BEFORE? Or is that available only on the day of embarkation?

Available only on the day of embarkation unless you have purchased a Princess pre-cruise hotel package.

Sure, but you'd have to go back to the airport to take advantage of the transfer.

Having done this a few times you should know that it's about a mile from the Embarcadero Bart station to the pier. You might want to cab it or pedicab it. But if you do walk it - I highly recommend your reward being a Grolsch....really really good beer

If you are mobile and can handle your luggage, you can always take the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) directly into the city from SFO.

A little less - the old terminal is Pier 35 - the new terminal is Pier 27...maybe a 1/4 mile less to walk it.

If you are planning to do the walk - start building up your arms. Dragging luggage is really hard work!!!

Again - beer or champagne on the ship afterward - will make it worth your while.

How far to the new pier that will be used in the fall?

• 2 months later...

Luckily the embarcadero area is very flat!!! Does anyone know the approximate cost of transfers from sfo to the pier.....and could you specify if the price you name is oneway or r/t. I am trying to figure out if doing park and fly at the airport ande them picking up the transfer bus at sfo is cheaper than staying at a hotel in sf and then paying the $18 OR $20 bucks per night for 11 nights of parking at the port. TIA.

We too are on the Hawaii cruise Feb 27 , we have a transfer to the airport at the end of the cruise but Princess do not offer transfers beforehand unless you book a hotel through them , I have just cancelled our hotel booking with them although a fab hotel I wanted to be in Fishermans Wharf , they do not offer a transfer from the airport or an excursion with transfer at the end so we will be at the airport super early after our cruise as our flight isnt until 17.30 , we are paying 20 GBP each for the transfer ship to airport

Zoe

We too are on the Hawaii cruise Feb 27 , we have a transfer to the airport at the end of the cruise but Princess do not offer transfers beforehand unless you book a hotel through them , I have just cancelled our hotel booking with them although a fab hotel I wanted to be in Fishermans Wharf , they do not offer a transfer from the airport or an excursion with transfer at the end so we will be at the airport super early after our cruise as our flight isnt until 17.30 , we are paying 20 GBP each for the transfer ship to airport

Zoe

It is true that Princess will not offer a transfer if you arrive a day or more early and do not book a hotel through Princess.

But if you arrive on the day of the cruise, they do offer a transfer from SFO to the ship.

You may still be at the airport super early, but there is no reason to pay 20 GBP each for a Princess xfer to the airport. Supershuttle (can reserve online before the cruise) can get two of you to the airport for less.

We used Super Shuttle, it was cheaper than Princess. They pick you up right outside the port. Just call and make reservations. Be sure to request a shuttle going directly to the airport and not make stops here and there to pick up people from hotels.

My husband, Jack (Capnjack), and I just booked this cruise. We did a b2b in February on the Caribbean Princess out of Bayport and had a wonderful time. Living 6 miles from the terminal, we couldn't pass up another opportunity to cruise from so close to home.

We love Princess and have been on a number of their ships but this will be our first time on the Emerald. Our most recent cruise was on the Star in May round trip from San Francisco to Alaska. Had fabulous weather and saw whales off of our balcony almost very day. It was a great trip for our 40th anniversary!

We love to snorkel (we even snorkeled in Alaska!) and had a great time snorkeling at Tabyana Beach in Roatan last February. We plan to repeat that tour. We will also snorkel in Cozumel. I know many people said they have had good snorkeling in Belize but that hasn't been our experience and, having twice done the cave tubing, we plan to use Belize as a "sea" day.

Looking forward to meeting some more fellow passengers on this cruise!

My husband, Jack (Capnjack), and I just booked this cruise. We did a b2b in February on the Caribbean Princess out of Bayport and had a wonderful time. Living 6 miles from the terminal, we couldn't pass up another opportunity to cruise from so close to home.

Have you posted in the correct place? This thread is about San Francisco cruises, not Houston cruises.

Edited by caribill