Dressing up for general MDR dinner?

Velvetwater

At home I wear jeans and t shirts nearly every day. I enjoy dressing up for dinner while on a cruise.

We feel the same way. Our last cruise (a seven day) we really dressed up three nights; two for elegant and the other for our 25th wedding anniversary. The other nights we went dressy but not necessarily "elegant". We can wear shorts, jeans and t-shirts anytime, but to each his/her own. ;)

I always shower and change before dinner. I also do something with my hair and put on make-up.

I spend most of the day outside and have been swimming so I wouldn't feel comfortable going to the MDR in what I wore during the day.

I also tend to dress up for dinner though too. At minimum, I wear a nice dress although I could wear a cocktail dress instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We switch to long pants and a decent polo shirt. This is generally the norm of what we see on all the cruise lines we've been on, even including NCL. Actually, on our last cruise on NCL, those who used the MDR were more "dressed up" than what we saw on The Breeze, probably our last CCL cruise. :-/

We always shower and change but we don't necessarily dress up on casual nights. It all depends on what we feel like wearing. I usually pack capri's & nice tops and some sundresses and DH usually packs a pair of khaki's and some longer cargo shorts along with button down collared shirts for dinner. DD (17) usually packs all dresses to change into since she lives in swim suits and short shorts during the day and DS(20) will change into cargo shorts and button down collared shirts.

Non elegant nights we both usually wear nice shorts/capris and nice shirt. Maybe a sundress for me. I seriously don't understand why anyone would get upset or have their dinner ruined by what someone else is wearing on non elegant nights. That "lady" that yelled at the cowboy hat guy was totally out of line. I hope she looks at johns Facebook page and sees the comments there.

Our plan this coming week

is slacks/jacket and tie for the dining room..suits for the steakhouse.

Dresses for me.

Does that sound right? We haven't sailed with Carnival in years...

On longer cruises with formal nights--the men/boys wore tuxedos..we arranged for rental wear for the kids. (Celebrity) On Regent--everyone dressed for dinner every night.

We changed every night for dinner on our cruise. I did a pre cruise shopping spree and wanted to wear my new clothes. BUT we had a ton of luggage due to too many clothes. I liked getting in a shower, freshening up and wearing clean clothes to dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums