Hockey Game- Breakaway

Jhoener

Hi I'm leaving on the Breakaway this Sunday. Will the be playing the Ranger game on board? If so will we be able to watch in our cabin or will it only be playing at the bars? Thank you for the info :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I can almost garentee they won't be.. and that's coming from a die hard Ranger fan. The only sports they ever show are cricket. football, or soccer. My last cruise was during the world series and they did not even show the World Series.

Let's hope the blueshirts make it that far were they'll be playing next week!

Who would want to see the Rangers get crushed by the Habs anyway ;) on Sunday.

The Breakaway is the NYC themed ship, I would hope the sports bar will show the game...the season ending game for the Rangers it is :D

Good luck !

or...maybe I should have waited AFTER tonight's game before posting this :cool:

Have a safe cruise !

Hi I'm leaving on the Breakaway this Sunday. Will the be playing the Ranger game on board? If so will we be able to watch in our cabin or will it only be playing at the bars? Thank you for the info :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am afraid you will not be able to see the game in your room or anywhere on the ship. They don't get any of network feeds. They do have a contract with the NFL for feeds of their games but nothing with the NHL.

People have been saying over on the RCCL boards that they can't watCH the games on those ships either. Looks like hockey can't catCH a break. Getting on-board internet and stream coverage to your device is one option you can investigate.

Could you try at O'Sheehans? On my March cruise I saw some of a Miami Heat game there. Not sure what channel it was though. I also saw some tennis and soccer.

I think the issue might be that hockey games are shown on either NBC or NBC Sports Network. I don't think the ships get network TV anywhere. And NBC Sports Network is probably too small of a cable channel to be carried.

I am on the Breakaway right now. The game on Sunday or Monday ( overtime win by Rangers- whatever day that was LOL) was shown on the Atrium big screen pre-empting live entertainment there for that night. The one night before last was on most of the tv s in O'Sheehans but not the big Atrium screen because of other stuff they had going on. So, it will definite be on and there's a good chance this game will be on the big Atrium screen.

I am on the Breakaway right now. The game on Sunday or Monday ( overtime win by Rangers- whatever day that was LOL) was shown on the Atrium big screen pre-empting live entertainment there for that night. The one night before last was on most of the tv s in O'Sheehans but not the big Atrium screen because of other stuff they had going on. So, it will definite be on and there's a good chance this game will be on the big Atrium screen.

Awesome.....GO SABRES!!!...Oh hell, never mind.;)

We were on the ship in October and couldn't believe that we couldn't get the jets/pats game when we were still docked and the New York CBS affiliate being located about three blocks from the ship so don't expect anything

I can almost garentee they won't be.. and that's coming from a die hard Ranger fan. The only sports they ever show are cricket. football, or soccer. My last cruise was during the world series and they did not even show the World Series.

Let's hope the blueshirts make it that far were they'll be playing next week!

rbelfi, we were on In Oct also the week of the ALCS/NLCS, they showed only the NLCS, when asked I was told "We access to only one game". When the NLCS was finished and one ALCS was left, they did not pay it.

In March on St Patricks week,,, all Cricket, all channels all week.

Awesome, thanks for posting! I was going to ask the same question. I'm on the Breakaway on June 15th, and if the Rangers vs Kings/Hawks goes to game 6 or 7, it'll hit my cruise week. Bummer on the scheduling, good to know they should have it on.

(And oh yeah, to all the Habs fans, ha ha! :D )

Here is the schedule for those with upcoming cruises:

2014 STANLEY CUP FINAL SCHEDULE

Game Date

Game 1 Wednesday, June 4

Game 2 Saturday, June 7

Game 3 Monday, June 9

Game 4 Wednesday, June 11

Game 5* Friday, June 13

Game 6* Monday, June 16

Game 7* Wednesday, June 18

Edited by psac

There's a channel on Breakaway that played many of the NBA games and hockey games. You could watch the hockey games and maybe the basketball games in your room on the channel above the movie channel. It usually plays some nature/environmental show but changes to sports for important games I guess.

Television offerings on Norwegian have always been very very slim in the rooms. I will be on the Star as the Stanley Cup finals start and also the FIFA World Cup will be on. Four years ago during the previous World Cup, I was on the HA Eurodam and they said they had purchased the rights to all World Cup games and they did show them (as a matter of fact, the 1-1 US-England draw was placed on a big screen in the theatre that Saturday night which was the Berlin port day). I wonder how much of the World Cup and the Stanley Cup finals I will be able to see on my upcoming cruise?

Television offerings on Norwegian have always been very very slim in the rooms. I will be on the Star as the Stanley Cup finals start and also the FIFA World Cup will be on. Four years ago during the previous World Cup, I was on the HA Eurodam and they said they had purchased the rights to all World Cup games and they did show them (as a matter of fact, the 1-1 US-England draw was placed on a big screen in the theatre that Saturday night which was the Berlin port day). I wonder how much of the World Cup and the Stanley Cup finals I will be able to see on my upcoming cruise?

Someone on a different thread posted a link to a NCL webpage that said the World Cup soccer/football (whichever you prefer) games would be on every ship, so you should be set there!