How do Passengers Dress

Cruisegirl6

BTW, even the teenagers follow the dress code in Celebrity... I'm sharing a picture of my son and the friends he made last year on the Eclipse. Wonderful children from all around the world!!

eclipse1.jpg.4c5dee4f3e64b84fdb495aaf0abb31d5.jpg

Edited by drarill

We did Norway cruise last year. There was only 200 Americans aboard. most of the passengers were from Europe and Asia. The passengers were the worst dressed cruisers in all of our 30+ cruises. A gentleman told me I looked very nice one evening, i had on black jeans and a sweater. I saw a hoodie in the MDR on formal night. So much for a dress code.

BTW, even the teenagers follow the dress code in Celebrity... I'm sharing a picture of my son and the friends he made last year on the Eclipse. Wonderful children from all around the world!!

Lovely photo - thank you for sharing. Obviously children brought up to know what is expected. Congratulations to all the parents.

I agree, lyndamr...

My husband and I are not into that, and I wanted to know if palazzo pants and a dressy top for me and sports jacket with tie for hubby would work. Glad I didn't ask the question!

Yes, it would work :)

Ladies have it easy. Wear anything black. On formal night, men want to fit in. Years ago, formal night meant tuxedos. Now, it is not the norm. On my most recent cruise, I saw 2 tuxedos. Most men wore dark suits or sports jackets. Some wore ties. Some did not. I did see some men without jackets. On a longer cruise with 3-4 formal nights, men get more casual as the cruise goes on. By the last formal night, many men have ditched the tie. I would like cruises to go completely smart casual. Many men do not own "formal" attire.

Redtravel, I wish this response automatically popped into every one of the threads about clothing in the MDR on formal nights. It's accurate, truthful and non judgemental. Thank you.

LetsGetWet your correct, I was considering the Princess Regal and I copied what I written hear and thought I placed it on the Princess board, only it did not copy on that and seemed to copy back on this board, sorry don't know what happened. I mentioned that I have been on 53 cruises to show I know what people wear but I haven't been on Celebrity and realize this is a different cruise line and asked the question to see how people dress and if its ok my other half only wear dress pants and a designer shirt. Wow, 99 cruises your very lucky, I do hope your 100th be very soon!!! :D

Redtravel was great on his answer and truly helped me, thanks Red!

Edited by lyndamr

http://www.ralphlauren.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2004212&cp=1760781&ab=ln_men_cs_dressshirts

I do apologize! When you said way back in the thread, "polo shirt" for formal night, I thought you meant a golf shirt!

Now that you changed it to "designer shirt", I realize you meant Polo Ralph Lauren (as pictured above), and sure that's fine! I'm very sorry.

It would be truly unfortunate were you to be denied entry to the MDR on formal night due to not having packed a jacket for your DH. I would think you would want to err on the side of caution (keeping in mind that a tux and gown are unnecessary).

It would be truly unfortunate were you to be denied entry to the MDR on formal night due to not having packed a jacket for your DH. I would think you would want to err on the side of caution (keeping in mind that a tux and gown are unnecessary).

There were 4black jackets hanging at the matre d's podium /select dining on the century one week ago for formal night.

Edited by happy cruzer

Warmwinds hello. Its ok, it was a misunderstanding, no golf shirt no way lol. My other half wears a lot of Polo (Ralph Lauren) brand shirts and has many Tommy Bahama collared button down shirts. Polo is his favorite brand. ;)

If we get denied to the dining room if he decides not to bring a jacket (he has not brought one in the past 8 cruises but never cruised Celebrity) and we get denied, then we just go to one of the specialty restaurants. I thank you for the warning but his job is 24/7 and cruises are the only vacations that work can't get hold of him and to me he deserves to be comfortable and relaxed so I go with the flow what he wants.

Hi Everyone,

As this thread has resulted in several member directed comments concerning onboard attire which required removal, this thread is now closed.

If you are seeking additional information on Celebrity's onboard attire, there are plenty of similar threads on this forum. In addition, here's a link to Celebrity's Packing Attire information, from their website : http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_getting_ready

Thanks very much for your understanding and participation.