Laundry/Pressing of kids clothes onboard

Anyone have experience with sending kids clothes to be laundered or pressed onboard? Do they charge as if it is an adult item? We always send my husbands shirts and my dresses to be pressed. But are traveling with our toddler this time and his adorable little dress clothes. I really don't want to iron before hand. But I also don't want to spend $4 onboard to have his $5 tiny little blazer pressed... Any experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I leave all of our dress clothes on hangers, cover them with a dry cleaning bag and fold them in half on top of all the other clothes.

When we get in the room all I have to do is remove the bag and hang them in the closet. We have no problem with wrinkles doing it this way.

Have used this method for years......

Edited by GTO-Girl

Bring some wrinkle release spray. Works just fine. This from someone who hasn't owned an ironing board in 35 years.

That method works for some of our things... But that assumes they start out with few wrinkles. These clothes are already horribly wrinkled. So they need to meet an iron at some point unfortunately. I've tried wrinkle release on blazers and satiny dresses before and had horrible results. Wrinkle Release ruined one of my dresses once. Left spots that never came out. So I always hesitate to use it much.

I didn't know that people still ironed. I do own an iron that was used on kids ironing beads when they were younger. I don't think its ever touched actual clothing.

Just let the clothes hang and they will be fine.

That method works for some of our things... But that assumes they start out with few wrinkles. These clothes are already horribly wrinkled. So they need to meet an iron at some point unfortunately. I've tried wrinkle release on blazers and satiny dresses before and had horrible results. Wrinkle Release ruined one of my dresses once. Left spots that never came out. So I always hesitate to use it much.

What's the reason you can't iron them ahead of time before packing? Wrinkle Release is not a good idea on shiny fabrics like silk and satin.

Because I don't want to. We always send out clothes to be pressed. Always. We ironed them before cruising once and it was more struggle than it was worth!

Edited by beckster42

I leave all of our dress clothes on hangers, cover them with a dry cleaning bag and fold them in half on top of all the other clothes.

When we get in the room all I have to do is remove the bag and hang them in the closet. We have no problem with wrinkles doing it this way.

Have used this method for years......

That is exactly what I do! Works great even staying in the suitcase for a day or two pre cruise.

Because I don't want to. We always send out clothes to be pressed. Always. We ironed them before cruising once and it was more struggle than it was worth!

Which is a perfectly fine reason but of course you then must be prepared to pay the Price for it.

The laundry list has itmes for gents and ladies, but no separate list for Kids.

Dry cleaning bags works great for us. The key is to remove the wrinkles before you pack. Depending on the fabric you may just need to hang them inside a plastic bag so that the garment can slide. The other trick is to roll the clothes, not fold and layer the dry cleaning bags with the clothes as you pack.

You might find it cheaper to get things pressed before you travel and pack to prevent wrinkles.

I didn't know that people still ironed. I do own an iron that was used on kids ironing beads when they were younger. I don't think its ever touched actual clothing.

Just let the clothes hang and they will be fine.

DH irons every third night. not even springing for permanent creases on his uniforms eliminates the need entirely

I rarely iron, but recently needed to and had to go out and buy one (the one that I'd had before was horribly old). My problem is that I don't have an ironing board and don't have a nice, flat surface to use, so I end up at my mom's house to use her counters.

I don't iron either.

Personally I think $4 is a bargain. Get them to do it. Is it really worth investing this much time into saving $4?

R

My thoughts exactly! I don't iron. I don't pack carefully. I just cram it in and then send it once onboard. $20 in pressing isn't a big deal and saves my sanity. I was only curious if anybody knew if there was pricing for kids clothes.

My thoughts exactly! I don't iron. I don't pack carefully. I just cram it in and then send it once onboard. $20 in pressing isn't a big deal and saves my sanity. I was only curious if anybody knew if there was pricing for kids clothes.

I had one of my sons shirt pressed and it was the same price as adult one