OPEN LETTER to Royal Carribbean

I also thought the letter was well written and thoughtful, and in no way "defame" or "inflame". Improving cruising experience is the essence of this forum; posting a critical letter demanding accountability and improvement reflect this spirit.

Many times the "complainers" are actually in the wrong, not the cruise lines. They are usally called out by fellow posters. I don't see that here. Unclean and unchanged bed sheets, among other things, are just not acceptable in any hospitality business.

Kudos to OP, not just for his good CC citizenship by writting this letter, but how he handled the negative posts.

BTW, my family enjoyed Explorere OTS this Spring, our first RCL ship. We will returning RCL customers.

I'll ask again...why a second thread? Why not add on to the original? I get it. You chose to do it this way. I'm asking why did you make that choice? Surely a "CEO" is capable of a better answer than "because I chose so." You must be capable of critical thought. If not, I truly worry for your employees! :eek:

My god. Let it go already.

Well written letter John. Any time a CEO is informed of a problem with their product that's a good thing. I know I'll be checking the sheets from here on. :eek: As for the push back from the Royal enthusiasts (hate using cheerleader), I think it was pretty mild compared to other cruise boards I frequent.

Happy sailings.

Well I've given the full answer at least twice before. I was giving you the crayon version. Go back and read slowly and see if your facility for critical thinking can figure it out. I don't care a whit about your opinion of mine or what you choose to put in quotes.

Have a good evening and weekend.

Your actions say otherwise.

Thank you for starting this very amusing thread.

Well written letter John. Any time a CEO is informed of a problem with their product that's a good thing. I know I'll be checking the sheets from here on. :eek: As for the push back from the Royal enthusiasts (hate using cheerleader), I think it was pretty mild compared to other cruise boards I frequent.

Happy sailings.

Gregg, your response is excellent. jc, whom I consider to be a good cruising acquaintance, and CC friend has questioned John Galt, as is his style, being of a Mensa personality. I have enjoyed the sparring, but that is not the idea that the OP has tried to express on this thread.

I would still question the belief of the OP, except, one person that I know of, that backs his statements is SailorJack. And, with that, I have a new respect for the OP.

It's sad in todays world, where we have to question everything said, but there are so many "miss statements" that one become very concerned of statements said by the OP.

I apologize for any miss statement to the OP. With that I also still feel that he attacks any and all bloggers that do not share his opinion.

So, John Galt.....you have a pass, but please use it wisely.

Rick

Your actions say otherwise.

Thank you for starting this very amusing thread.

Agreed. If he didn't care, he wouldn't respond. And the fact that he won't answer the question speaks volumes about his real reason. I mean if he just wanted attention awesome. Say so. It is the point of 3/4 of the posts on this site. But to pretend it is something else is just silly...and I am really starting to doubt his dubious credentials.

I am enjoying seeing him get irritated, though.

Do you really think that a poster who has been around as long as I have needed to be reminded of this?:roll eyes:

jc

:

Just because you have been around here a long time and post more than most gives you no credibility if you are usually putting down posters other than your "friends". You did what you did whether you apologized or not.

I just think many posters, ESPECIALLY old posters with much to say could take a breath and think before they submit.

Just because you have been around here a long time and post more than most gives you no credibility if you are usually putting down posters other than your "friends". You did what you did whether you apologized or not.

I just think many posters, ESPECIALLY old posters with much to say could take a breath and think before they submit.

How about following your own advice?

Oh yeah I´ve followed your advice, taken a breath before hitting submit and deleted a further comment, because I thought you weren´t worth those words anyway.

Another deap breath - yep now I can hit submit.

Did the OP ever get a response from Adam or anyoe at RCL?

The letter was sent only a day or two ago so I doubt it has even been received yet. I will update this thread as I discuss below.

Well, this started out as something useful, morphed into some fun with trolls and has now gotten a bit tiresome. Besides, feeding trolls is a pretty useless exercise.

TO THOSE WHO WISH TO OBSERVE this open correspondence, and hopefully benefit from one man's experience, I will update this thread every week/10 days for 2 months with whatever response I receive.

To the trolls, whether you belong to the legitimate skeptic company, the Royal Carribots or merely the simpleton parade, it has been fun sparring with you all but I am done playing so you must, unfortunately, return to playing with yourselves.

The letter was sent only a day or two ago so I doubt it has even been received yet. I will update this thread as I discuss below.

Well, this started out as something useful, morphed into some fun with trolls and has now gotten a bit tiresome. Besides, feeding trolls is a pretty useless exercise.

TO THOSE WHO WISH TO OBSERVE this open correspondence, and hopefully benefit from one man's experience, I will update this thread every week/10 days for 2 months with whatever response I receive.

To the trolls, whether you belong to the legitimate skeptic company, the Royal Carribots or merely the simpleton parade, it has been fun sparring with you all but I am done playing so you must, unfortunately, return to playing with yourselves.

Just when you were starting to receive validation from the CC elite? :confused:

I look forward to reading any response you do receive.

There is probably a lot of wisdom in that post. Unfortunately, it falls flat when it is another blatant attempt to shut down other posters. Your post again has no point except to put me down and to shut me up.

The world probably wishes you got your wish.:D:eek:

jc

No, everyone should stop giving the OP such a hard time. He was just trying to help all of us that sail Royal. The next and last post should be from the OP letting everyone know of the response they got from their great letter.
I agree

Wonderful response :D

Yikes, didn't get enough attention with your first thread so you started another? Give it a rest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm glad he reposted. This is the first time I have read it. I have had similar experiences at 4- and 5-star resorts. I felt his letter was not hostile, but informative. If I were Mr. Goldstein, I would want to know.

To the OP, check out HAL. RCCL and HAL have always been my favorite cruise lines. However, this can happen on any cruise, as you are aware.

I appreciate the OP for sharing what happened on his cruise on the Explorer. No one should have dirty sheets on there beds when they arrive in their cabins. I would be appalled knowing that the sheets had been on the bed for at least 7 days and someone else was sleeping on them. I think his complaint is justified and I will definitely be checking my sheets when we sail on the Brillance in October.

Thank you for informing us of your experience and I truly believe RC executives should be made aware of experiences like this. We've had a very bad experience on our last cruise B2B and you better believe it was brought to Mr. Goldstein's office and rectified. RC was embarrassed and apologized and they did compensate us for the situation that occurred. I commend you for speaking up. the only way they can rectify a problem is if their informed about it.

Trolls? Not really. While I was glad you posted this letter and am waiting the response, I'm not sure it's necessary to label people who disagree with you. No one really stooped to troll level but that's just my honest opinion. Here's to a good response from Royal and happy sailings. ;)

John,

Great letter! I too would have been very unhappy with conditions that you encountered on your recent cruise. And even less happy once I had pointed the issues out with Guest Relations and have them NOT correct the problem.

I will be following along to see what their response will be.

Thank you for starting this thread and sticking with it through it's ups and downs :D

Don't leave us! My perfect cruise would be johngaltny, sailorjack, azaficionado (missing on this particular thread but still....) and jc. :D

The letter was well presented and I am frankly baffled at how people can totally misread it as threatening. Oh wait - yes I can. Being blunt and clever seems to throw off way too many people these days. A sad reflection of either reading comprehension or a missing sense of humor.

I too have found that letters such as this can get a response. Personally, in the last 10 years or so I have written American Airlines and a certain furniture company regarding some classic screw ups. Both times, I would say my letter and tone compared to the OP's. Both times, I received responses which I considered appropriate to my situation. I still fly AA almost exclusively based on how they valued my concerns. The furniture company - not so much and I use my ability as the resident of a large city to urge friends and acquaintances not to do business with them at all costs.