Captains club and royal Caribbean

bsteiney

One of the Diamond benefits on Royal Caribbean is a discount if you book a balcony or above cabin, I can't say for certain that you would be eligible for this but I can't see why not. If I were you I would contact RCI before you book to get your Crown and Anchor number.

Gill

One of the Diamond benefits on Royal Caribbean is a discount if you book a balcony or above cabin, I can't say for certain that you would be eligible for this but I can't see why not. If I were you I would contact RCI before you book to get your Crown and Anchor number.

Gill

I recently got the Diamond discount on a balcony on an RC cruise based on being a Celebrity Elite member.

Yes, everyone is correct. I would suggest the Allure or Oasis. Just did Allure last month. Great ship and much to do for the 11 year old.

When you board go to see diamond concierge and he or she will help you with getting reservations if you cannot get them on line. They also can make a lot of things happen if you there are no reservations left.

There is also a special place to view parades and do continental breakfast. Both perks for diamond members. Also, there is a bar for your please from 5-830pm each night for your enjoyment, not the child though.

Have a great trip.

I recently got the Diamond discount on a balcony on an RC cruise based on being a Celebrity Elite member.

That's great :), I didn't see why it shouldn't apply but couldn't say for sure from my own experience.

Gill

I am all Celebrity, but thinking of taking my 11 year old niece on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Does anyone know if any of my elite Captains club benefits translate to Royal.

Yes. However unless your neice also has Elite CC benefits, she will not be eligible.

RC has a really nice cocktail hour with good drinks and canapes and hot chafing dishes of snacks- I do not think children would be allowed in this venue even if CC members.

Yes. You have to be a member of both loyalty programs. I believe you will be Diamond on RCL.

Yes, you will be Diamond. I just did this last week. You are a Diamond member, but you don't have any points. You have to accumulate RCI points(days) starting from zero and you don't move up until you have earned all the points to the next level.

Diamond perks are pretty similar to Elite level on Celebrity.

Dave

Edited by celebritydave
added clarity

FYI!

You will get the benefits of the Diamond level but will have to sail the required number of days to get the actual level.

Don't know what this means?

To be at the Elite level you have to have accumlated 10 points under the old program or 300 with the current one. When you reach this level and sail on a RCCL ship you will be given the Diamond benefits of the Crown & Anchor program, but not have the level untill you accumlate the required number of points.

In your Sig you have listed, RCCL-Diamond and Celebrity-Elite. Have you sailed that much on both lines?

Edited by wallie5446

Saying someone is not really a Diamond is kind of a semantics game. RCI will consider you Diamond if you are Elite on Celebrity. The people that work on the RCI ships will consider you a Diamond. It will say Diamond in your Crown and Anchor page on the website and on your SeaPass card on board, etc. There won't be any difference between that and actually having accumulated the 80 points yourself.

So far as I can tell there is *no* difference between being a reciprocal Diamond or having sailed RCI enough to get there on your own. It's one of the great perks of Celebrity, Azamara, and Royal, all being part of RCCL.

The same is true for RCI cruises trying out Celebrity.

We flip between RCI and Celebrity depending on itinerary and whether we are looking for a more quiet cruise (Celebrity) or one with a lot of fun cruise games (RCI). There are benefits to both and I'm glad they encourage us to use both lines.

There is something to like about both line's benefits although we think the Elite benefits are slightly better (better internet, laundry, the parties are more elegant, the breakfast more relaxing, etc.) However, the Diamond benefits are super easy to use and pretty darned good as well. You can't lose.

The Oasis class ships are amazing and worth trying at least once. They are big for many people's taste (including ours), but really worth experiencing just for the sake of seeing the ship.

Tom

To be at the Elite level you have to have accumlated 10 points under the old program or 300 with the current one. When you reach this level and sail on a RCCL ship you will be given the Diamond benefits of the Crown & Anchor program, but not have the level untill you accumlate the required number of points.

In your Sig you have listed, RCCL-Diamond and Celebrity-Elite. Have you sailed that much on both lines?

I take my dad once a year on X. He loves going to Elite Happy Hour with me as he is not Elite. RCL will not let him join me but RCL guests enjoy bringing cabin mate on X. Why is this ?

Celebrity is more liberal with the benefit. If you have one cabin guest as Elite, all other members in the cabin are Elite for the sailing.

Do not know why the rule doesn't apply both ways as the cruise lines are owned by the same corporation. But they seem to want to keep somethings about each line different.

FYI!

You will get the benefits of the Diamond level but will have to sail the required number of days to get the actual level.

While I have only about half the cruise points needed for Elite, my member level, listed on the website, is Elite. While this was earned by cruising on RC, there is no qualifier added by Celebrity - like "you have the Elite benefits, but you're not really Elite".

Maggie,

I have always found that when I take my grown daughter with me, she is welcomed at all Diamond events as my cabin mate. Though we gained our points on Celebrity, Royal has been gracious in welcoming us.

Maybe something new?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maggie,

I have always found that when I take my grown daughter with me, she is welcomed at all Diamond events as my cabin mate. Though we gained our points on Celebrity, Royal has been gracious in welcoming us.

Maybe something new?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/

If you are a diamond on Royal Caribbean and your daughter is not, then you actually received a benefit that was the exception to the rule.

Royal Caribbean does not extend on board loyalty benefits to cabin mates.

As an example, I am diamond plus on Royal Caribbean and shared a cabin with my grown daughter who is diamond. Even as my cabinmate, she was not permitted entrance into the concierge lounge (The lounge for diamond plus, pinnacle, and suite guests.) We were both welcomed in the diamond lounge.

M

Yes, everyone is correct. I would suggest the Allure or Oasis. Just did Allure last month. Great ship and much to do for the 11 year old.

When you board go to see diamond concierge and he or she will help you with getting reservations if you cannot get them on line. They also can make a lot of things happen if you there are no reservations left.

There is also a special place to view parades and do continental breakfast. Both perks for diamond members. Also, there is a bar for your please from 5-830pm each night for your enjoyment, not the child though.

Have a great trip.

We have booked the Allure and are Diamond and would enjoy this special place if it makes viewing parades easier. What is the special place to view parades? I have only been on one RCCL ship; the Explorer and it was very hard to see the parade because the promenade was so packed. (I am thinking you are referring to the Diamond Lounge). Is there a substantial amount of space for the viewers or do you have to get there super early to get a good viewing spot?

We have booked the Allure and are Diamond and would enjoy this special place if it makes viewing parades easier. What is the special place to view parades? I have only been on one RCCL ship; the Explorer and it was very hard to see the parade because the promenade was so packed. (I am thinking you are referring to the Diamond Lounge). Is there a substantial amount of space for the viewers or do you have to get there super early to get a good viewing spot?

The breakfast lounge for Diamond is just one floor above the Starbucks and gives you a perfect view of the parade. Yes, you should get there early as it is a somewhat small space. Love love the breakfast area for Diamond. it is great to people watch when you eat breakfast.