Undecided on cruising Celebrity or NCL - Help!

mfrimodog

NCL - you can't beat the extra-friendly staff!! Suites are awesome, other cabins are smaller than average.

X - more leg room in theater (so you don't have to sit, stand, sit stand) to let people by. Poolside, one announcement by the Captain mid morning, not all day announcing bingo, art auction, this, that and the other thing! Love the martini ice bar! Waiters don't walk around poolside asking "need a drink" every 20 seconds. There are plenty around, they just don't bother you.

None of this would keep me from chosing either line in the future. I'm not picky about most things and just go with the flow.

For someone to say "I have never sailed NCL, but have heard", should not be giving advise about that cruiseline.

Its just gross. People are supposed to wash their hands before leaving the bathroom, not after.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

I have to wonder, haven't you been in homes where the toilet stall is separate or stayed at a hotel where the stall is behind a door and the wash basins are on the other side? We have, many times. What about stores and restaurants? Maybe you could just take a wipe it with you every time you use the toilet, would that work? I just find it hard to believe you have never experienced the sink being separate from the toilet before...

Edited by newmexicoNita

I have to wonder, haven't you been in homes where the toilet stall is separate or stayed at a hotel where the stall is behind a door and the wash basins are on the other side? We have, many times. What about stores and restaurants? Maybe you could just take a wipe it with you every time you use the toilet, would that work? I just find it hard to believe you have never experienced the sink being separate from the toilet before...

The sink is in a bathroom whether or not the toilet in its own stall. This setup is just like a huge bathroom with a bed in it. Whatever floats your boat I guess.....just not for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

We've been on both lines repeatedly. If you want service and good food, go with Celebrity. If you want to leave your formal clothes at home and wear jeans in the dining room, go with NCL.

We just got off the NCL Pearl a couple of weeks ago. The ship itself was lovely. Our cabin attendant had 16 rooms assigned to him. We didn't get our room made up until after lunch on 6 of the 10 days. Bar service could be little difficult to come by. The buffet was overcrowded every time we went there so we ended up carrying our plates around for a while until we finally scored a seat in the kids' area. We will go on NCL again but only if it's a great deal but if I have a choice it will be Celebrity every time.

After much thought and consideration, we ended up deciding to go with the NCL Epic. While they may have a funky bathroom setup (even though I think I will like the idea of the separate toilet), I couldn't pass up the entertainment or the idea that I can go "free-style". Plus a serious cost difference too. I just hope that it's as good as most people have said...

Edited by mfrimodog

After much thought and consideration, we ended up deciding to go with the NCL Epic. While they may have a funky bathroom setup (even though I think I will like the idea of the separate toilet), I couldn't pass up the entertainment or the idea that I can go "free-style". Plus a serious cost difference too. I just hope that it's as good as most people have said...

You will have a BLAST. Entertainment and food are all outstanding. The toilet is in one room (not in the bedroom) and the shower is in another room (not in the bedroom). It really make things convenient.

Just got back from NCL Sun - Alaska cruise. This was our 3rd cruise, but first with NCL. (others - Holland, and RCCL) Not impressed with the food of the buffet or main dining room. The specialty restaurants food = MD of the other ships. We were offered a special price of $119 pp to upgrade to eat at specialty restaurant every night. I would recommend it if you choose NCL

The MD= buffet of the other. Example of MD. Ordered a spring roll, was the same ones we buy at costco, same with the gnocchi.

Buffet food - don't expect much, very limited. Didn't stay hot.

Waiter accidentally knocked our bottle of wine over, which also broke the candle holder. All that was said and done "So sorry".

Also, the balcony door didn't seal properly so it whistled at night, unless we opened it just a bit. No robes in our room, small shower. I am 5' 2".

This just might have been our ship. Hope this helps.

I would choose the line which offers me the best itinerary and perks, at the right price.

Again, I would consider the fact that Celebrity has traditional dining, whereas NCL is all Freestyle. Celebrity might enforce dress codes and formal night. NCL is very casual.

Lots to think about.

Celebrity also has select dining, which is any time dining.

We were on the Eclipse. The sister ship and never felt crowded. It felt as small and intimate as the smaller m class ships. We loved the Eclipse.

We just got of the NCL Dawn and have to say we love Celebrity much better for food and service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We loved the bathroom setup, it just made it so convenient for us when getting ready to go, go, go. The food will be wonderful, the buffet is extensive and the variety, unending.

BMG, not for me, but DH loved it... the rest of the entertainment we both enjoyed.

The freestyle just makes it so relaxing, eat when you're hungry, don't pass up a chance to eat at O'Sheehans, the food is great. We ate at several specialty restaurants but also enjoyed the food at the MDR's as well.

Go with a positive attitude and you'll have a blast.

Enjoy.

Both cruise lines have something to offer. You won't go wrong on either ship. Do you like the formal nights? Celebrity has formals NCL does not. NCL prices for higher category cabins are priced better IMHO.

we had 2 formal nights on the Pearl (well, dress up or NOT night lol)

Lots of formally dressed folks having their photos taken in the Crystal Atrium.

My daughter was asking about something at the guest services desk, and she looked at them, and I said it was formal night...she looked at her jeans and I said "..or not" :D