6 days at sea-- Getting a little concerned

MoyCoy

This Is not my first cruise on Celebrity, but it is my first cruise with 6 sea days all in a row.

I will be on the Solstice 12 day Hawaiian cruise. I sailed her last year so I worry that I may be board, especially if all the shows are the same as last year.

I love sea days, which is why I booked this cruise. I just wonder what tricks Celebrity has up their sleeves to keep us entertained for 6 days straight--especially now since it has been rumored that they are reducing free entertainment options.:o

I say- get involved. We meet people on day one at trivia and form a team. If there are games offered- go. There is usually some type of lecture each day as well. The library on board is comfortable but the selection is slim pickings- bring a couple books and donate them at the end of the cruise. That's what I do- plus I did read a good book on the ship about Kenny Rogers. So there was that.

The game room is a good place to play Scrabble, checkers and chess. We love Uno and borrowed cards form the Youth Program. Bring some- they are worth their wait in gold.

There are wine tastings and cooking demonstrations are fun.

We really enjoyed the Tuscan Grille and you can't beat the view from there. Get there at 6PM and you'll probably get a nice window seat. The goat cheese salad and filet are excellent. My eggplant was just ok and took a long time coming out (everyone else was already served)

On sea days I get into a walking groove and there are group walks that you can do at various times of day. I wear a pedometer and try to get my 10,000 steps in each day. Makes me feel less guilty about the amount of eating I'm doing.

I am an early bird (being from the East Coast) on West Coast cruises and really don't do much after dinner. Maybe a movie in the cabin or read but there is dancing usually going on in the Observation Lounge. The Martini Bar also seems like a popular spot.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

We did a 12 days cruise to Hawaii several years ago with 5 or 6 days straight sea days. Prior to that I think 1 or 2 in a row was the most we had experienced. When we docked it was at an industrial site with nothing more than a tiny welcome center with one pay phone. This was before widespread use of cell phones. There was mass exodus off the ship, but my wife and I were in no hurry at all to get off. We thoroughly enjoyed the extended sea days. I hope you do to.

Have you joined your roll call? There would be the Connections gathering, most often a Sail Away gathering also. We always enjoy the Slot Pulls and Cabin Crawls that often are organized by folks on the roll call.

Last transpacific in addition to ships activities our roll call had a Sail Away, 2 Slot Pulls, a LCR tournament, bridge group, a group learning to knit, and a book review group. We bring a game or 2 and always find others who want to join in.

Farkle is easy & a small game to pack as is LCR.

This Is not my first cruise on Celebrity, but it is my first cruise with 6 sea days all in a row.

I will be on the Solstice 12 day Hawaiian cruise. I sailed her last year so I worry that I may be board, especially if all the shows are the same as last year.

I love sea days, which is why I booked this cruise. I just wonder what tricks Celebrity has up their sleeves to keep us entertained for 6 days straight--especially now since it has been rumored that they are reducing free entertainment options.:o

enjoy life - enjoy the ocean - enjoy the people

I recently completed a cruise where I didn't touch land for 12 days. A 6 day and 5 day sea day sector with a snorkelling trip that left direct from the ship in the middle. I loved sea days but I know it would have driven my partner crazy. He stayed home. :p. I enjoy the gym and classes, watched movies, watched the sea, attended classes I'd never do at home etc. I'm not into trivia but ships offer so many activities it's hard to fit them all in.

Thank You everyone! I am indeed in touch with my roll call- a great bunch of folks! Can't wait to meet them all.

Thank you all for the advice and information.. I feel better indeed. Looking forward to a wonderful trip:o

Edited by MoyCoy