Promotional emails from Azamara

Wandering Words

Despite repeatedly registering my email address on the website still waiting for the first email to appear - I normally find out about the offers from this site

There have been posts about this issue before so following the advice given I emailed Le Club Voyage who insist my email address is registered

I see on the website there is a new promotion for free companion air started today -did anyone receive details by email?

Despite repeatedly registering my email address on the website still waiting for the first email to appear - I normally find out about the offers from this site

There have been posts about this issue before so following the advice given I emailed Le Club Voyage who insist my email address is registered

I see on the website there is a new promotion for free companion air started today -did anyone receive details by email?

It took 4 requests to receive emails from Azamara. But did I receive one about the new promotion? NO. I saw it on the website when I went there to check on a reservation about an hour ago. Seems to be business as usual.

Edited by tgg

We never receive emails either, despite having registered online several times. We too only saw the 'Companion flies free' offer when looking on the website. A shame as we receive frequent emails from Oceania, Seabourn and Regent. Surely it can't be that difficult!

Thanks - now I know it was sent to some will email Le Club Voyage again although I'm still waiting for them to reply to an email sent last week

Bonnie perhaps you could highlight this to Miami again-surely it must be translating into lost revenue

No email here though did spot the promotion on Twitter. However I'm regularly getting emails with promotions from Oceania and if we weren't unable to take advantage of these due to our son's wedding later this year, we'd have booked one of them for November.

Come on Azamara, please get your marketing act together as we could become loyal and repeat customers but........

I've not had this promotional email either, or any previous one. I'm sure I've registered at least twice. I've just registered again.

This has reminded me that the Le Club Voyage says that on Adventurer level there will be a "Welcome back gift sent to your home after your 1st voyage". We did our first voyage in March/April 2013, and got back from our second one on 22 May, and have had nothing. What should we have had?

I've sailed on Azamara only once, yet I get emails from Azamara all the time, including the latest one about companion air.

I was also getting deluged by emails from Celebrity since sailing on Azamara, even though I never contacted them or asked for information. I finally had to request that they remove my name from the Celebrity mailing list. It makes me wonder if RCCI is trying to mine their Azamara guests for Celebrity bookings?

I did not receive one either. Though I am registered, I have never received any promotional e-mails.

Looking at the posts above I noticed that people who live in the US received the e-mail, and those based elsewhere did not.

How hard is it to send one to everyone?

I did not receive one either. Though I am registered, I have never received any promotional e-mails.

Looking at the posts above I noticed that people who live in the US received the e-mail, and those based elsewhere did not.

Bonnie I think this post sums up the problem

I guess Canada is lumped in with the UK

Nothing here either

Have register 3 different times !!

That's our experience as well. In fact, at one time, it was confirmed that we are registered for said e-mails but they never arrive.

Perhaps it's a Commonwealth thing. :)

That's our experience as well. In fact, at one time, it was confirmed that we are registered for said e-mails but they never arrive.

Perhaps it's a Commonwealth thing. :)

Same issue in the United States! The only e-mail I've ever gotten from Azamara was when Journey's 3 March sailing was cancelled due to propeller damage sustained in Tokyo Bay; I was already aboard ship [though the cancellation was issued by Miami before an announcement was made to those of us who expected to be consecutive cruisers]!

Edited by Xport

I live in the US and didn't get the email.

I get all my info about AZ from CC since I hear nothing from them directly. I fell off their email list over a year ago and can't get back on it, despite repeated requests and numerous sign-ups on their website. I also followed the advice of Bill Leiber to write LCV directly. They responded sympathetically and confirmed that I would be getting emails and brochures but still nothing. But I do receive emails from Celebrity, even though we've never sailed with them and likely never will.

It bothered me initially but not anymore. I have gone from ticked off to indifferent. It really shouldn't be this difficult for a "loyal guest" to receive info. If I learn about some interesting AZ promo on CC we may act, otherwise I won't be chasing them! :p:p

Thanks to CC, I've now had a look at the Companion Flies Free promo on the AZ website. Make sure to read the T&C before you book.

It is only available from 15 gateways with $499 surcharge for others. Air taxes are extra. Flights won't be assigned until 45 days of sailing. No changes or substitutions unless you purchase an AZ hotel package. Here's the fine print:

* 2nd Guest Free Air refers to free coach class airfare from the following gateways: ATL, BOS, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, IAD, JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD, PHL, SFO, YUL, YYZ. The following gateways are available at a $499 surcharge: CLE, CLT, IAH, IND, LAS, MCI, MCO, MEM, MKE, MSP, MSY, PDX, PHX, PIT, SAN, SEA, SLC, YEG, YYC, YVR. The first and second guests need not travel via the same gateway to receive offer. Gateways subject to availability, and not all gateways may be available for all listed voyages. Offer does not include air taxes, checked baggage fees imposed by airlines, or fees for optional services. Free air tickets will be assigned by cruise line no later than 45 days to sailing, cannot be substituted or changed, and are non-refundable and non-transferable. Flight schedules may only be changed with purchase of an Azamara Club Cruises hotel package. Limit one offer per stateroom. Offer is combinable with onboard booking savings and back-to-back savings. Unless stated otherwise, offer is not combinable with any other promotion or discount rate. Offers are subject to change, and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Certain restrictions apply.

Thanks to CC, I've now had a look at the Companion Flies Free promo on the AZ website. Make sure to read the T&C before you book.

It is only available from 15 gateways with $499 surcharge for others. Air taxes are extra. Flights won't be assigned until 45 days of sailing. No changes or substitutions unless you purchase an AZ hotel package. Here's the fine print:

* 2nd Guest Free Air refers to free coach class airfare from the following gateways: ATL, BOS, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, IAD, JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD, PHL, SFO, YUL, YYZ. The following gateways are available at a $499 surcharge: CLE, CLT, IAH, IND, LAS, MCI, MCO, MEM, MKE, MSP, MSY, PDX, PHX, PIT, SAN, SEA, SLC, YEG, YYC, YVR. The first and second guests need not travel via the same gateway to receive offer. Gateways subject to availability, and not all gateways may be available for all listed voyages. Offer does not include air taxes, checked baggage fees imposed by airlines, or fees for optional services. Free air tickets will be assigned by cruise line no later than 45 days to sailing, cannot be substituted or changed, and are non-refundable and non-transferable. Flight schedules may only be changed with purchase of an Azamara Club Cruises hotel package. Limit one offer per stateroom. Offer is combinable with onboard booking savings and back-to-back savings. Unless stated otherwise, offer is not combinable with any other promotion or discount rate. Offers are subject to change, and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Certain restrictions apply.

Did I miss something? I thought it also applied to specific sailings only.

Did I miss something? I thought it also applied to specific sailings only.
No you didn't miss anything! I only posted the T&C details about the free companion flights, which could come as a surprise if not read carefully. But you're right. There's also the usual stuff about restricted availability, blackout dates, residents of US/Canada, minimum OV, new bookings only ....

2nd Guest Free Air promotion: offers free coach class airfare to the second guest in a reservation, with purchase of airfare through Azamara Club Cruises for the first guest. Offer valid for bookings created between June 1st and July 31st, 2014 ("Offer Period") in oceanview or higher accommodations. Offer valid for all sailings departing on or after December 1, 2014 except: Journey 2/19/15, 5/21/15, 12/23/16, and Quest 7/04/15, 7/18/15, 12/22/15, 5/25/16, 7/11/16, 12/27/16. Please ensure promotion FREEAIR2NDGUEST is listed in your reservation at the time of booking. Offer open to residents of US and Canada only. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and group bookings named and fully deposited during the Offer Period. Offer not applicable to incentive or contracted groups. Offer does not apply to third and fourth guests in a reservation. Single occupancy guests are not eligible for offer.

The new rule in the US is that airfares have to be advertised including the taxes. This promotion says that taxes are additional. Many of us have gotten used to seeing a price in an ad and assuming that it's the price we'll pay. I hope people read the fine print.

I'm also surprised that Tampa is not included either as a primary gateway or a "$499 plus tax" gateway. It's a very busy international airport and convenient for people living on the West Coast of Florida.

I get all my info about AZ from CC since I hear nothing from them directly. I fell off their email list over a year ago and can't get back on it, despite repeated requests and numerous sign-ups on their website. I also followed the advice of Bill Leiber to write LCV directly. They responded sympathetically and confirmed that I would be getting emails and brochures but still nothing. But I do receive emails from Celebrity, even though we've never sailed with them and likely never will.

It bothered me initially but not anymore. I have gone from ticked off to indifferent. It really shouldn't be this difficult for a "loyal guest" to receive info. If I learn about some interesting AZ promo on CC we may act, otherwise I won't be chasing them! :p:p

We too have repeated signed up for emails and have never received one. We never received a welcome home gift either.

I did write an email of complaint in which I mentioned meeting Mr Pimentel in London and him reassuring me that these "hiccups" would be sorted.

It went to the Miami office which passed it on to the UK.

I then received a request for copies of all my previous emails, (about 10 since 2011), which I duly sent. Since then - absolutely nothing!

I even tried sending it again and copied in UK customer relations & UK customer services using the email addresses given on CC. Still nothing, not even an acknowledgement.

I am so fed up, what is wrong with Azamara?

If anyone at Azamara monitors these boards, can they not look at this problem?

And of course the UK promotion is somewhat different.

"Enjoy free flights on an impressive range of 2015/16 European voyages, or airfares of just £699 per person on non-European voyages when you book a Club Oceanview Stateroom or above between 1 June – 31 July 2014."

Now I wonder if a TA counts as European or not :confused: