Help calculating C&A points

We have 5 --7night cruises and 4---4night cruises on RCCI , all before 2010. Can anyone explain to me how we would only have 76 points. We booked another 7day cruise recently, we were so disappointed to discover we are not yet Diamond, as we thought our last cruise put us there. Although this will in no way dampen our cruise, I would just like to understand how these were calculated. When they changed the points system in 2011 would they have altered points we already had. I would be very grateful for an explanation. Thank you....Donna

We have 5 --7night cruises and 4---4night cruises on RCCI , all before 2010. Can anyone explain to me how we would only have 76 points. We booked another 7day cruise recently, we were so disappointed to discover we are not yet Diamond, as we thought our last cruise put us there. Although this will in no way dampen our cruise, I would just like to understand how these were calculated. When they changed the points system in 2011 would they have altered points we already had. I would be very grateful for an explanation. Thank you....Donna

Before Jan 2011, only cruise credits were counted. You had 9 cruise credits for your 9 cruises. When they converted to points they multiplied credits times 7 and added a fudge factor, 13 in your case.

Before the conversion, you were one cruise away from Diamond. After the conversion, you were one 4 day or longer cruise away from Diamond..

Edited by clarea

It sounds like Royal Caribbean had nine credits on file for you before the conversion. If all nine of your cruises were in regular staterooms, nine credits sounds right. You'd have been a credit short of D. Unless one or more of your cruises was in a JS....were any? If so, when?

That is correct on the newer point system. You needed 10 completed cruises prior to the conversion to be Diamond. As you stated you only had 9 completed.

This link might help RCCL's New C&A Conversion Table