Hats? On or off indoors?

Fascinating. how would your magical common sense tell you that someone is wearing a hat to cover a medical abnormality? That certainly is a sense of perception that goes above and beyond the ordinary. Maybe you have uncommon sense? Or maybe you just figure that it doesn't really happen therefore it's just a farce and you can ridicule people who don't measure up to your standards.

I was wondering the same thing.

I was wondering the same thing.

Because some are trying to turn this into a medical argument and that was not the context of my post. My post was in response to someone else talking about worship and anthems.

Come on, you've been around here a long time. You of all people should know how frustrating it is when people can't comprehend the discussion between 2 people and then change the context of your post.

Why is this thread on this board?

The thread is on the "Fashion Forum".....not sure where it originally

started but it is on the correct forum.

When I am on a cruise I remove my ballcaps that I wear in any eating establishment as I do on land as well as removing it when I go into someones home. I do not remove them when I am walking around the inside of the ship!

That's because you were raised right!

Times change and rules of etiquette change. It's no big deal to me. I do not feel disrespected if I see a man/boy with a baseball cap on in a restaurant. My food tastes the same whether they have their hats on or off. It seems silly to me that anyone would take offense to such a trivial thing. I have never seen anyone wearing a "dirty" hat in any restaurant that I've eaten in and I eat in all kinds of dining establishments from 5 Star fine dining to burger joints. It's a non-issue to me. I do have a DS and I did teach him that wearing a baseball cap in formal situations was IMHO not cool, so he doesn't. But I don't care if he wears one in restaurants on non-formal occasions.

Edited by mousey

I guessing that you are male and Jewish, if so that is different from someone wearing a baseball cap or beanie on fashion grounds.

Yes I am and I agree that it is different than a poor fashion statement. But my point here is that you and others cannot possibly know the reason why I am wearing the hat.

If you did you might be tolerant ( since in my long lifetime I have seen many who are not even if they know the reason or especially if they know)

If you judge without knowing than it is rude of you not me.