Does anyone else Hate all the noise on the Lido??

marshhawk

I agree about the loud music on the LIDO Deck. I also think at times the music in the theater can also be excessive. As others have mentioned, who are they playing the music for? All teens? Young children? Middle agers? Old timers? It's not just Carnival, however. You hear this in some stores and other public locations also.

I am am in my mid 30s and still have my hearing. Loud music adds makes it a more lively atmosphere. It makes it a fun ship imho

Do you think they should make the music even louder than it currently is so that the ship is even more fun and lively?

Do you think they should make the music even louder than it currently is so that the ship is even more fun and lively?

Good question.

Let's ask JH.

But actually, some people are afraid of quiet.

I found this when I was working with special ed kids.

Where I work now it is loud and quiet has become a luxury.

I don't know, maybe if you work where it is quiet, then you like noise more?

On Elation last year, DH paid the guy on serenity to turn down the volume back there.

He said that he could not turn it off, but he did turn it down quite a bit.

It was worth a couple of dollars.

I know I liked my music loud when I was in my teens, but basically when I wasn't engaging in any kind of conversation.

Add that layer of EXTREME BASS, and it's now nothing but a nuisance.

I still play loud music at home, on a good AV system!

But I don't think I can reach the EARSPLITTENLOUDENBOOMER level that the DJ on Freedom played all week. No bar orders for us on the Lido, or several others we spoke with in other locations.

When you can't talk, or even communicate with the service staff, there is a PROBLEM??:mad::mad:

Love the atmosphere! Getting ready to turn 41 and love every minute of it. There are other cruise lines who cater to the 'quieter' type of cruises if that's what one desires. As for us, we enjoy it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They already turned the music down due to the complaints. I was on the Liberty last month and it was not loud by the pool. I could easily carry on a conversation at the pool bars. It is nothing compared to when I went on the Dream in 2013, which was at nightclub levels. Now I think they've gone too far the other way. You can't please everyone.

On our May 11 Dream cruise I found it too loud and didn't care for the music so I avoided the area. The only time we were there was to watch a movie at night and at times you couldn't hear that. I wish they had used the same volume for the movies.

Funny, I was on that same cruise and although the volume was a little loud, I didn't find it bad at all. We spent plenty of time up there when the music was on and never found it too loud to hold a conversation or order a drink. I do agree with you on the movie volume though.

I agree that the Lido deck is at times altogether too loud, due to the large screen TV broadcasts. If guests wanted to watch TV, they would stay in their rooms. I really dislike that large screen TV on the Lido and all the noise it brings. The music needs to be turned down a bit also, but during prime time hours I can see why they keep it so loud, after all its party time!

Good question.

Let's ask JH.

But actually, some people are afraid of quiet.

I found this when I was working with special ed kids.

Where I work now it is loud and quiet has become a luxury.

I don't know, maybe if you work where it is quiet, then you like noise more?

On Elation last year, DH paid the guy on serenity to turn down the volume back there.

He said that he could not turn it off, but he did turn it down quite a bit.

It was worth a couple of dollars.

First you claim those who enjoy the loud music must be drunks now you say we must be scared of quiet places and compare us to special education kids?

That added noise level seemed to come withe advent of the DJ instead of live bands. I used to enjoy the bands and now I really dislike the DJ's and consequently don't spend much time on Lido. Usually only at sailaway but even then we usually find a different location for that.

People being loud to me isn't the issue. Its the level of the music.

Funny' date=' I was on that same cruise and although the volume was a little loud, I didn't find it bad at all. We spent plenty of time up there when the music was on and never found it too loud to hold a conversation or order a drink. I do agree with you on the movie volume though.[/quote']

From my experience on the Breeze I had to lean over the bar and yell my drink order to the bartender at both the Blue Iguana and Rum Bar while the DJ music was playing. Now thats TOO loud.

OK, so we pretty much have all agreed that the music can be lively, but not deafening, and it would be nice to have some hours per day where the sound is off. like OFF!, sunrise etc. Yup I have to agree the sound went up when the DJ took over. I guess this is why all the trivia, which used to be at the pool, and the games, which used to be at the pool have moved elsewhere, because Carnival signed a NOISE contract (notice I didn't say music).

We all cant afford balconies all the time, but on our next 7+ day cruise, we will.

As far as John Heald, yeah, he's a funny guy, and I know he makes a lot of you happy as you cruise, but he is the spokesman for the company not the motivator for change. Telling us something is being done, and actually having it done are two very different things. Carnival needs to look at the clientele that is on each cruise, and adjust their sails. They have the info, the "demographics" of each cruise before they sail, they can adjust the music to the majority of cruisers. Just saying.

We have been on 6 cruises so far, 5 with carnival, and we have never felt like the noise on the lido was too loud. In fact, on our last two cruises ( on the Freedom and the Breeze) we're brought along a couple in which the female cannot hear without a hearing aide and she has not had a problem hearing us while we've sat and talked on the lido.

BTW, we're all in our 30s and 40s, we're not much into rap (at least not that stuff that they play today) but we realize that on vacation most ppl want to listen to lively music and rather loudly. You are on a cruise ship with a few thousand other folks.....many times packed with kids. If you want quiet, stay away from the Lido deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First you claim those who enjoy the loud music must be drunks now you say we must be scared of quiet places and compare us to special education kids?

Ahh, but I did not say that all who enjoy loud music must be drunk.

I said that perhaps drunks like loud music.

Carnival makes a lot of money selling booze.

So, perhaps loud music is good for booze sales?

And, yeah, some people are afraid of quiet.

But not all people who are uncomfortable with quiet are special needs kids.

Carnival is going to do whatever is best for sales.

The end.

Sorry that you took my observations personally and were offended.

Edited by mzloolue

I always loved the calypso band and, I'm in the minority here, I also love the big screen TV, especially for late night movies. I HATE...big letters...the DJ that feels like he's screaming at me. It's way too loud!!! We shouldn't have to scream at our buddies who are sitting directly beside us to be heard. Yuck.

After reading these posts I am rethinking our decision of booking a balcony on the Lido Deck on the Triumph.

Has anyone cruised on the Triumph recently and stayed on the Lido Deck? What was your opinion of the noise level later in the evening, say after 11 PM.