Back from the Gem and left questioning NCL

Sorry to hear about your troubles. There have been a lot of good points made here by members. I do (if I have a problem) bring it to the attention of the staff. 100% of the time it was taken care of.

There are a lot of different personalities on board so some crew may act a little different than others, but all in all the "Gem" was one of the best ships I've been on, and I've sailed the Gem 3 X's. There is a female crew member from Nicaragua "Karel Campbell" that is usually at the restaurant reservation desk in the Atrium, that has always gone 738 miles out of her way to make sure everything was o.k. for me. I had tears every time I left the Gem. She is one of the sweetest crew members I have ever met. If anyone runs across her, please, please tell her "Miss April" says hello & that I am thinking about her.

I can assure you that this is NOT typical of any NCL sailing I have ever experienced, well maybe on the POA...........LOL........ Don't let this cruise be a typical example. Try her again & I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Does anyone have the calling cards of the officers that they received at a recent meet and greet? I would appreciate it if you could post the phone numbers and names. We don't have enough people for a meet and greet so I won't be able to get the card. Thank you. Glad to hear that you can still wear shorts in all the MDRs on the first night.

Jenny Lim Hotel Director ext 8888

George Abuabara F&B Director ext 8900

Alex Patagnan Executive Housekeeper ext 5800

Marek Bus Restaurant Manager ext 8902

Manny Hernandez Beverage Manager ext 8960

Alaina Athanase Guest Service Manager ext 8802

You must take care while on the sailing -- with a notation to all that the corporate office will also be notified as well -- always get names -- of everyone - it will take awhile but you will hear back from Ncl

For this attitude to be so wide spread I would say that perhaps there is a new hotel director and they are not happy, or just trying to get used to him.

It does, doesn't it? Maybe the fabulous one went on break and someone else runs things much differently.....or the captain.....more likely the HD.

I just got off the Gem on the 14th and had the polar opposite of your experience. In fact we had such a wonderful cruise and met some of the best crew we ever cruised with in 13 cruises. We had quite a long walk to the very front of the ship everyday and were always greeted with a smile. We had such a wonderful time we're bailing on our Breakaway cruise and have booked the gem again!

jjikids, thank you very much for posting names and phone extensions. Hopefully I won't need to use any of them but they are good to have. Thanks again!!

Quite welcome. Hope you enjoy your cruise. It was our second time on the Gem and we loved it.

I am on the Gem now. 2990 passengers at 125% capacity and I think the staff is doing a great job. Breakfast in the MDR was slow yesterday but overall everything has been very good. I talk to most of the staff I see and everyone seems happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums