Melia on Cable Beach.

99florida

Has anyone been to this place?

I see that it is new. Can one get a day pass to use the facilities?

Do they have an all inclusive rate.

Do you get the #10 jitney?

Melia is not new, they have taken over the old Sheraton property.

It's a beautiful beach and has 3 pools, non-motorized water sports, a nice bar/grill etc.

The cost is $30pp. Or $50 with lunch/ $75 with buffet. No "all inclusive" day pass at this time.

The #10 jitney will get you there for $1.25pp.

We are thinking about spending part of the day at Melia as well (in July) and I am wondering, are there any vendors there offering beach side massages? I've searched a bit in the forums and see that there are some at Cabbage Beach, but what about on Cable Beach in the Melia area? About how much do they usually cost?

Hi- We were there in March and have been before (when it was the Sheraton.) It is a very nice property- we love the pools and the beach is good.

Do you need to make a reservation for the day pass or are you able to just show up and pay?

Do they give you towels, lockers, changing room?

For the $50 including lunch ~ what is the lunch?

Thanks so much ~ sorry for so many questions at once. We are leaving on Monday as we just booked this cruise.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If we decide to do the melia day pass (not including any food), are there any local, inexpensive places nearby that we could easily walk to and grab lunch? Or, are there any good food vendors there on the beach (or close by)?

Or, would we be better off just eating at Melia's restaurants. There are 4 of us, so I'd imagine the hotel food will be pricey. I'd prefer finding some good, inexpensive, local food to try.

If we decide to do the melia day pass (not including any food), are there any local, inexpensive places nearby that we could easily walk to and grab lunch? Or, are there any good food vendors there on the beach (or close by)?

Or, would we be better off just eating at Melia's restaurants. There are 4 of us, so I'd imagine the hotel food will be pricey. I'd prefer finding some good, inexpensive, local food to try.

The food is pricey - we just got by on some fries, and ate when we got back to the ship (eat a big breakfast). We also brought some packaged snacks (we have one with celiac, so always carry something).

There is a daquiri shack across the street - very yummy - fresh fruit in them!

• 1 month later...
The food is pricey - we just got by on some fries, and ate when we got back to the ship (eat a big breakfast). We also brought some packaged snacks (we have one with celiac, so always carry something).

Can you tell us how much you paid for fries? (Just wondering since it's mentioned several places that the food is expensive here).

Thanks for mentioning the daiquiri shack!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums