Sailing into Stockholm

buggins0402

Thanks all....we were just offered an upgrade to a PH and took 7135 on Marina. Anguished whether this was the suite we should take - but if the sail in is

at a viewable time, then I know it was the right decision.

Edited by buggins0402
Learning my iPad unsuccesfully

Cruising wise, the most spectacular part of the cruise. We were in cabin on deck 10 facing east on the sail into Stockholm. I arose at 3:00 a.m. and watched our entire sail in. Our cruise started on 7/5, so at that time the sun was already rising. It was chilly so I wrapped in the blankets provided.

Just absolutely incredible. The passage is so narrow in a couple of places, one fells they could reach over the side and touch the island. A very tight fit for the Marina! :eek:

For me, this is what Baltic cruising should be about, not having a sea day puttering around in the middle of the sea with land barely in sight! One of the best four hours of sailing I've ever experienced, and that covers a lot of beautiful areas. Magnificent!

Cruising wise, the most spectacular part of the cruise. We were in cabin on deck 10 facing east on the sail into Stockholm. I arose at 3:00 a.m. and watched our entire sail in. Our cruise started on 7/5, so at that time the sun was already rising. It was chilly so I wrapped in the blankets provided.

Just absolutely incredible. The passage is so narrow in a couple of places, one fells they could reach over the side and touch the island. A very tight fit for the Marina! :eek:

For me, this is what Baltic cruising should be about, not having a sea day puttering around in the middle of the sea with land barely in sight! One of the best four hours of sailing I've ever experienced, and that covers a lot of beautiful areas. Magnificent!

Your description is wonderful. We'll be sailing in on Midsummer day, so the sun will be rising even earlier (perhaps we shouldn't bother going to bed!) It sounds like it will definitely be worth giving up a few feet of interior space for the wraparound aft balcony!

I'll have to start making offerings to the weather gods.

Last June I got up early on our docking day on Nautica and sat in Terrace watching the endlessly fascinating approach to Stockholm through many islands. Took lots of pictures and would have paid for the glorious show...

Then again, I think I did. But well worth it.

JMBobB

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just did that cruise last September. We woke up early (I think around 5:00am) to watch the trip through the archipelago. It was beautiful and worth getting up early. We were on the Marina, and they set up early coffee/tea/juices plus some baked goods in Horizons which was a nice touch for the early risers.