What do you not come home without?

We collect different liquor from every island..

Even pack bubble wrap for liquor bottles (princess sells them) one time I had to pay extra for the flight from San Juan... baggage guy ask my DH WTH does she have in this case... I look at him with smile and tell him shoes...:D

Tired of buying things from the islands that said.... "made in China" when I didn't go there. lol

Cathy

My parents have started bringing me food items when they cruise (they travel a lot more often than I) and I have continued it when I travel. The recent finds were an excellent Jerk Marinade in Jamacia and the most amazing Mango Jelly in Barbados. The jelly is my favorite food. I actually made my father take a picture of the place and write down where it is when they were there. I have had someone else who was in Barbados pick some up for me. It is THAT good! It is a savored special treat! The nice thing about brining home food items is that they don't have a tendency to take over. I really enjoy trying new foods as well!

My parents have started bringing me food items when they cruise (they travel a lot more often than I) and I have continued it when I travel. The recent finds were an excellent Jerk Marinade in Jamacia and the most amazing Mango Jelly in Barbados. The jelly is my favorite food. I actually made my father take a picture of the place and write down where it is when they were there. I have had someone else who was in Barbados pick some up for me. It is THAT good! It is a savored special treat! The nice thing about brining home food items is that they don't have a tendency to take over. I really enjoy trying new foods as well!

OMG!! forgot all about the food and spices. Nothing like amazing food from other cultures.

Cathy

As my screen names says, I love yellow Labradors. I always try to find something with a labrador on it or in the shape of a lab. It can be a $1 item or $$$$ if it's a piece of crystal or jewelry. I have been collecting since the early 1990's and I have almost 2,000 items. Last year I took pictures of all of them and put together a spreadsheet so I could track how many I have, value, and type. Many of which have come from various cruises. I actually like Bermuda and Grand Cayman the best for shopping because I love all the crystal and porcelain shops on these islands. All my close friends pick me up as gifts in their travels as well. My neighbor collects giraffes and I always try to pick up a unique one for her for watching our house and brining in the newspaper and mail.

This past cruise I tried to bring back a bottle of coconut rum.. The yahoos on Vision packed a Capt Morgan spiced rum instead :mad: love coconut, hate spiced.

Also brought back 8 extra pounds, a coffee mug, and pictures of elderly European men in tiny speedos for my adult daughter.

We had to stop the fridge magnet thing after our kitchen remodel. Who knew that stainless steel is not magnetic! No place to put all the magnets now, they won't stick to the new fridge or other appliances!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

They have magnetic boards that you can stick your magnets on. They come in different sizes. I have too many so have the board next to the refrigerator.

23 years ago, my wife and I went to Europe for our honeymoon. We had no money, so we bought those ballpoint pens filled with water that have things that move in them. About 8 years ago, we came across those "water pens" and we decided that would be our souvenir of choice. We have over 40 of them now. It takes a little searching, but you can almost always find one. The other thing we always get are kitchen towels with the name of the port on them. At least those are useful!

206986301_Photoon6-7-14at9_38PM.jpg.d689fd236e42dd3cfdd09aaabfab62f0.jpg

Love this thread.

We used to collect magnets (won't stick to current fridge)

We also collected Christmas tree ornaments (Mr. Jones got tired of the 10-ft +tall trees, but we still love those ornaments we have.)

I always bought postcards and mailed them to various family members and ourselves (but now use Postcardly)

We bought small street art until we had nowhere left to display it (we once met a lady on a cruise that collected small drawings or paintings in each port, and she framed them and put them in her guest bathroom. She said guests always spent a long time in the bathroom.)

Now, we collect Starbucks coffee mugs, which we have three shelves full of but use daily. And, we do throw them away if we chip or break them, but it's worth a smile every morning to look at your mug and remember the trip when you got it.

By the way, I didn't get any Starbucks mugs on my recent Oasis cruise -- has anyone bought one in Haiti, Jamaica or Cozumel?

for cruises we do the glass thing. Its been a long time since our last cruise so don't have any left as we tend to use them until they break. I also buy a glass model of the ship