What do you not come home without?

We have storms moving in and I can hear my wooden wind chimes I bought in the Bahamas ringing outside. I'm so glad I bought them and think that may be my "thing" to purchase on each trip (along with a bottle of alcohol that I can only get in that particular port, like the Ricardo Rum I bought).

So I thought this would be a fun question.... Is there anything specific you make sure to collect on every cruise or port?

Magnet from each island we've been to. Do that for places we visit on the mainland also. Lots of magnets and pictures on our fridge. I seem to have lost my Aruba magnet so if anyone gets there can you get me one please?:D

Too funny - not only can you add me to the magnet group but I am definitely planning on checking on this Sheridan's thing I learned about on CC. I meant to pick some up or at least go to a tasting on my last cruise on Carnival but didn't get around to it. Now will definitely have to check on my Oct Royal cruise.

Also love the wind chimes idea! Now I'm going to be on the lookout for those as well.

One more thing besides magnets I always try to get is a drink koozie.

We have done the magnet thing but the fridge was getting too loaded. My DH buys a t-shirt in every single port we go to, even repeats. He buys them in airports, too. I counted them once - well over 100 t-shirts folded on his shelf in the closet. Holy cow. :D

I buy a Christmas ornament from every port. It is such fun to take them all out during the holidays and remember all the fun times while decorating the tree.

I bring home a paper bill since I collect money from countries I visit (I hate the euro since I only get one to count for multiple countries).

Looking forward to my Baltic cruise since I'll be visiting a bunch of new countries.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Interesting thread - I see we are not the only creatures of habit (or obsession?)..

We always come home with:

1. Fridge Magnets from each country
  2. Ship model
  3. T-Shirt(s)
  4. Christmas Ornament