What do you not come home without?

Sheridans liquor. Not available stateside and it is delish!!!!

Since when? I have purchased it in Long Island, NY.

I do purchase the standard magnet, Christmas ornament, tank top if possible from country/cruise and a small handmade craft.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by sauvichick

We used to buy shot glasses but it got to the point they were taking over every cabinet. Then I bought a gold charm in each port and have a beautiful bracelet now that is way to heavy to wear for too long.

The latest thing is I find a nice, small flat rock and write on the back where it is from in sharpie and the date and they are in a basket. It's a nice memory and the grandkids can look at them, hold them and think of far off places they too might someday visit :D

For us, it's two things already mentioned--kitchen towels, as they are easy to pack and not breakable, and a mortar and pestle, as we are both pharmacists.

The towels don't take up much room and make great souvenirs for family and friends. I have also picked up small bars of soap in the Bahamas and in France--great souvenirs as well!

Love the comments!

Carole aka Crochetgirl

PS I think I forgot to mention I like yarn, too! :D

My wife buys Christmas ornaments from each new location.

At Christmas she puts up two trees --- one in the living room with traditional ornaments and one in the dining room with all her travel ornaments.

I usually buy ball caps or tee shirts. I tell my wife that to me ball caps are like pairs of shoes for women ---- you can never have too many.

Someone mentioned at the top of this page that they've always been able to buy Sheridan's in NY. I've never seen it in the US and for sure not in So. California or Texas. It's not even all that easy (Or reasonably priced) to get it delivered from an internet site. I think you usually have to buy a case or something.

We buy Christmas ornaments. We don't have much display room so this way we can at least look at them all and remember once a year. I'm going to string all my kukui nut and shell leis from Hawaii together and make a garland for the tree.

For those who live near the border...we have lots of Sheridan up here in Canada. For whomever likes paper money, we also have lots of colourful money up here too. Well.....the new money is kind of plastic-y and supposedly will melt in a hot car. It's pretty though.

LOL! Yep, we do have Sheridans here in the great white north, but I always buy a bottle on the ship - usually much cheaper!! We do have lots of colorful money - no ones or twos though.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I usually come home with most of the weight that I worked so hard to lose all year 😊

We also collect shot glasses and street art.

I really like the idea of bringing home a flat rock with the place and date written on it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We do the Christmas tree ornament thing too. I always try to find something that's locally made or at least looks like it is if nothing local is available. I like this because it's a souvenir that we don't have to leave out all year long collecting dust. While decorating the tree every year our family will chat about different memories of each place. I love that our Chrustmas tree is very unique and specail to us :D

Edited by The Sunset Glow

LOL! Yep' date=' we do have Sheridans here in the great white north, but I always buy a bottle on the ship - usually much cheaper!! We do have lots of colorful money - no ones or twos though.....[/quote']

... and I see I am not alone. :)

I will be in Canada the end of June, so I will have to be prepared to carry some across the border on our way home from there as well. Thanks for the tip! :)