Corkage Fee

pjbmontana

We will be on the Riviera from Rome to Barcelona in a few weeks and this is our first cruise on O and we will be a party of 6. I was wondering if any of you experienced O cruiser can answer this question regarding O's corkage fee.

I understand that it is stated as $25 per bottle but the question is if you bring on a large bottle, say 2 to 3 liters, of which there are lot that can be purchased in Italy and France and you take it to the dining room for the table to share is the corkage $25 for the one big bottle or is it $75 if the big bottle is equal to three 750 ml bottles.

We will be on the Riviera from Rome to Barcelona in a few weeks and this is our first cruise on O and we will be a party of 6. I was wondering if any of you experienced O cruiser can answer this question regarding O's corkage fee.

I understand that it is stated as $25 per bottle but the question is if you bring on a large bottle, say 2 to 3 liters, of which there are lot that can be purchased in Italy and France and you take it to the dining room for the table to share is the corkage $25 for the one big bottle or is it $75 if the big bottle is equal to three 750 ml bottles.

Probably the best answer would come from Oceania and if you e-mail them, they will answer and then you have it in writing! Arlene

I wanted to post earlier when there were no answers but didn't have a clue, anymore than the previous posters do. To my mind, the corkage fee is for one bottle no matter what the size.

But I don't work for Oceania, so the question is best posted to Oceania. I don't recall having seen this particular question before!

Once you have an answer, I think all of us would be interested in the official answer ... I can't imagine bringing a jeroboam to the table, but you never know!

Mura

I always buy the premium drink package. I believe it is outrageous that O charges me any corkage fee. So I really got the 5 cents post. The regular wine selection on O is C- at best. The bottle price of the premium wine bottles are nonsense.

If I've paid for the premium package, I believe I should have no corkage fee. Viking River Cruises give all their guests this perk. If O wants to serve mostly phlonk, that's accepted, but allow us to drink the good stuff, free of charge, that we bring aboard. :mad:

TC,

It was a joke. According to Lucy from the Peanuts comic strip, everything should cost 5 cents. IMO there is certainly room on these boards for humor.

Dave

I get it now and enjoy it. I agree with Lucy.

I just returned home from a fantastic 16 day cruise aboard Marina. The question of corkage fees was discussed by both seasoned and 1st time Oceania cruisers.

I find the Oceania sommeliers provide excellent service and are well trained. I attended 2 interesting wine tastings, both very well presented. The 2nd was wine pairings and included Opus One and Dom Perignon. I find Oceania's wine listing to cover all price-points.

All alcohol served on-board requires a 18% service fee. When my husband and I bring on a special bottle from port I consider the $25 corkage fee to replace the 18% gratuity I would have paid if purchased on the ship.

Oceania policy for bringing on wine and spirits from port is very generous compared to other cruise-lines.