HAL Fort Lauderdale Pre/Post Hotels

rbp3072

Figured I'd post here instead of FLL Port since it's more HAL specific...... Has anyone used their pre or post hotel stay here in FLL? Last cruise was our first time in FLL, and I just went ahead and used some Hyatt points to stay at one of the Hyatt Place's. I will likely use points again the day we fly in and stay at Hyatt Regency Pier 66 since that looks pretty nice. (May use them for the post-cruise as well, not sure yet).

But, if HAL has some nice places that they regularly use in FLL, might be worth it...... Would appreciate thoughts from those of you that have used their pre/post stay packages. (Only getting in the afternoon pre, and flying out the morning after, so location/activities aren't a biggie, it's more about views and luxury for a treat).

Semi-Related -- I've been keeping an eye on flights for weeks now, hoping for a price-break since I wanted to treat mom to first class. Welp, United stole my heart, as I managed to get first class round-trip for half of what all the search engine sites were listing. So she definitely has to go now, as flight has been booked, hehe. Yay! :D

I've used the pre cruise for all my cruises from Fort Lauderdale except the last one. The hotels are fine but they are in the boonies. Last one I was at was the westin and not the one on the beach. It was on corporate avenue I believe.

Figured I'd post here instead of FLL Port since it's more HAL specific...... Has anyone used their pre or post hotel stay here in FLL? Last cruise was our first time in FLL, and I just went ahead and used some Hyatt points to stay at one of the Hyatt Place's. I will likely use points again the day we fly in and stay at Hyatt Regency Pier 66 since that looks pretty nice. (May use them for the post-cruise as well, not sure yet).

But, if HAL has some nice places that they regularly use in FLL, might be worth it...... Would appreciate thoughts from those of you that have used their pre/post stay packages. (Only getting in the afternoon pre, and flying out the morning after, so location/activities aren't a biggie, it's more about views and luxury for a treat).

:D

We've only been to Ft. Lauderdale once but we booked a pre hotel though HAL because I had no idea where to stay. Ended up being the best place and we loved our room. Part of the package was the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, our bags picked up at our room the morning we left and we had a free shuttle to the port. It also ended up costing a few dollars less than if we had booked the hotel on our own.

This was the view from our room at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina last April. I believe we were in room 812.

488126_621316081228401_384019827_n.jpg

Utahtea

We've only been to Ft. Lauderdale once but we booked a pre hotel though HAL because I had no idea where to stay. Ended up being the best place and we loved our room. Part of the package was the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, our bags picked up at our room the morning we left and we had a free shuttle to the port. It also ended up costing a few dollars less than if we had booked the hotel on our own.

This was the view from our room at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina last April. I believe we were in room 812.

488126_621316081228401_384019827_n.jpg

Utahtea

Beautiful picture. Were there shops and restaurants nearby?

I also took the HAL package at the Hilton Marina. Although I did not have that spectacular view, I did have a lovely, large balcony overlooking the marina, wonderful for relaxing with a glass of wine after a hectic pre-cruise flight. I also appreciated the baggage pickup and shuttle to port. However, the HAL pre-cruise airport to hotel transfer was chaotic and strenuous, involving a long walk hauling bags.

Thanks all. Wow, that Hilton Marina has nice views. Right next to the Pier 66, haha. Perhaps I should use my Hyatt points for pre, and consider HALs package for post if I can get the Hilton Marina, haha.

(Thanks for the info on the airport shuttle as well. I might just cab it since it's not very much, or continue the splurge and get a towncar like i did for our Alaskan trip).

We stayed in the Westin Fort Lauderdale last year. We were in FLL for several weeks and had a car. There were many HAL cruisers at the hotel. HAL had a desk, and there were HAL buses leaving for the port.

I would NOT recommend this hotel if you are only in FLL for a day or so. It is not convenient. It really is a business hotel beside the I-95 and a good deal north of where you want to be.

The cruise line use these hotels on the weekend because they get such good rates-most business travellers do not stay for the weekend. Not certain what HAL was charging, but we paid just under $100. for the room . I would go for FLL beach area or 17th St.

Last cruise was our first time in FLL, and I just went ahead and used some Hyatt points to stay at one of the Hyatt Place's.

We actually did this very same thing in April. Stayed at the Hyatt Place 17th Street/Convention Center. We especially liked the location, with The Harbor Shops right across the street (Publix, Total Wine), and lots of restaurants within walking distance. The included breakfast was fine, and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

We very much like this Hyatt-and much better than the Embassy. The rooms are very bright and modern. Extra bonus is if you have a rental car their parking rates were free but now I understand they are $5 (vs Embassy at $17, Ren at $30, and Hilton Marina at $20ish).

Edited by iancal

I stayed at the Hyatt Place on my last visit to Fort Lauderdale. My toilet handle was cracked when I got there and it broke first thing in the morning. Not a great time. They had to wait for someone to come in to fix it. My remote did not work either. I found their breakfast to be a dried up mess. One the second day I got some fruit, yougart and a muffin from publix. It was so much better than what they were serving. The staff seemed uninformed. I was interested in staying here after hearing it was so good. Never again.

We have been very happy at the Embassy Suites on 17th street.

The breakfast is quite good (and I am fussy:o) and while the manager's reception is nice - the location is ideal.

the pool area and atrium where breakfast is served is very nice. You can always cross the bridge and watch the koy fish on the property or....

you can cross the road and go shopping at Ross:p

The manager there has been very kind to our roll calls and we truly appreciate it.