Grandeur Pictures for your enjoyment

Does Granduer have the freestyle Coke Machines? Maybe that one in a near the coffee stand? If so, did you notice many lines?

I've never gotten a soda package on any cruise, but if they have freestyle machines, that might be a decent use for my OBC next month.

Grandeur has the Freestyle Coke machines. Besides the one that Carol showed in a photo, there are machines in Windjammer.

To me, the odd thing is that it is that odd beige color, not red. :confused:

Hi: Great pics. Made me homesick for GR. I love that size ship because there are so few "bells & whistles." Was on in May and not back until July alas. Did not see any pics of the concierges in DL and CL? Also no pic of the CL on deck 11. Who were the concierges if you remember?

See yours was a connecting cabin. Any noticeable noise from next cabin? Thanks and keep posting. :D JPK

No noise. But in my experience, that has less to do with the cabins themselves and more to do with who your neighbors are.

;)

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to our July 4 cruise.

How far in advance did you get the upgrade?

Eight days. May 22 for a May 30 sailing. And I only looked because someone on my sailing posted that THEY had received an upgrade. I wasn't expecting one, but that made me go look in My Cruises, and there it was!

:)

Did you hear if tendering took a long time? It was my 2nd cruise in 2007 Sovereign and Majesty were there the same day and tendering was terrible. But in the times I have been back, 2010 and 2013 I think they got more and larger tenders, but I'm not sure. I may not mind 2 ships, the island could handle it. When I was there this past October my scuba dive was canceled because I was the only one that booked it :mad:

I have always thought that the tenders were pretty big. I have never had a problem with tendering (except the time that the seas got quite heavy AS we were sailing back to the ship, and we couldn't attach to the gangway! It took more than half an hour to get everyone back on the ship, basically going one at a time as the crew held the ramp down!)

No one was talking about a problem with tendering. A couple of people said that they didn't find it crowded, but they were first timers, and had nothing to compare it to. ;)

I like CocoCay. A lot. But since I have been there many times, I don't feel the same need to be there every time. :)

I have to ask, because I don't get it, in each of your reviews you allude to knowing something or someone within the company and then making it a point that you won't mention it here. Why mention it at all in that case if it's privileged information or relationships? You seem to get some reliable information about changes so I don't understand the secrecy or "in club" attitude. Not attacking you, just telling you somewhat of a pattern I've seen in your posts. I could very well be mistaken:confused:

Goodness.

Not attacking me? You could have fooled me! ;) :p :)

I am pretty sure that I was very clear that I was talking about MY OPINION and that it was not POLITICALLY CORRECT so that I would not post it on the board. It has nothing to do with "inside information." Just my potentially off-putting theory.

Happy sailing.

Sometimes I think certain people just say things to stir the pot and show what kind of person they really are. I was always taught if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Looking forward to boarding Lady "G" again and again and again for now. Keep up the good work. Love the pix.

Happy Sailing!

Evie

Eight days. May 22 for a May 30 sailing. And I only looked because someone on my sailing posted that THEY had received an upgrade. I wasn't expecting one, but that made me go look in My Cruises, and there it was!

Oh- so sorry that we never met. We spent some time in the CL every night. Guess I should have looked for the picture- taking lady!

Glad you loved our favorite ship- the crew feels like family. Wait til you get back on- hugs and smiles. We see them in Baltimore on Fridays and they are so happy to see us, even on land.

Not to high jack, but IMO , Coco Cay was horrible. Very crowded all around. Tenders - no problem.

Concierges- Francis in Cl and Ruth in DL.

Thanks for the pictures- a nice reminder of a lovely ship.

Good idea to post the Port Canaveral berth- we had bought transportation to town so we could go to a beach but that berth allowed us to walk to Jetty Beach- very nice. Francis got us a refund.

Hope to meet you sometime!

Edited by webteach

Last week, I sailed on "Lady G" for the first time, May 30-June 6, 2014.

I am now IN LOVE with

a. the wonderful crew of the Grandeur

b. the "jump in the car and drive easily to the port" experience

The itinerary was truly irrelevant to me. The stops were Port Canaveral, Nassau and CocoCay. I have been to the Bahamas INNUMERABLE times. But my sons live in Orlando, so the port stop in Port Canaveral is an opportunity for me to see them. Unfortunately this time my son-in-law had to work, but my son drove to PC after work and we had dinner at Fishlips and the rest of the evening together. (that day's port call is 10:30 A.M. to 9:30 P.M. - I was officially the last person to re-board before we set sail that night)

The food was good, not great. I find that I eat less and less these days (yea!), and never more than twice a day. Often, one meal a day is enough for me. And even though it may be blasphemy, I am not drinking much any more either. Some nights, it's one Sprite Zero. (Being D+, I get all the free drinks I want in either lounge for three and a half hours a night)

The Grandeur has the (to me) unfortunate dining times of 5:30 & 8:00. Because of those earlier times, the DL and CL have their "cocktail hours" 4:30 to 8:00. (on other ships, it's 5:00 to 8:30)

On sea days, I always eat in the Main Dining Room (MDR) and have only the Tutti Salad Bar. I do NOT like the gloppy dressings that they have, so I carry a small empty plastic jar/container, pour in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, add a dollop of Dijon mustard, and shake vigorously. This is what I use on my salad at home and on board. It deeply puzzles the staff in the dining room. :D

I never ate breakfast all week, which is my usual behavior.

I ate a very late lunch one day in the Windjammer, and I had..............salad. Thus, I am unable to tell you much about the WJ.

My dining room waiter was far from the best that I have had. My assistant waiter was very good. My tablemates were fantastic, and were the main reason that I ate in the dining room six nights (the 7th was in Port Canaveral).

This thread is more to share some photographs than to describe the cruise. I will be very happy to answer specific questions, but sit back and enjoy some pictures.

Really LIKE what you said here and the pictures are very nice. Thank you very much. :)

Thanks for the review. I am contemplating a couple of different cruise possibilities for next year. Your review is making me lean more towards booking the one on GOS that I've been contemplating. The fact that she's close is an added incentive. :)

Thanks for the photos and comments. We'll be on her for the first time in January. Two questions:

1. You said something about poles in the JS cabins. Which cabins have them?

2. Your fridge was empty - how much of a hassle was it to get that to happen?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Love these pictures, my family and I will be on the June 27th cruise with you!! Maybe we'll bump into each other! One question, what days were the formal days?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Oh- so sorry that we never met. We spent some time in the CL every night. Guess I should have looked for the picture- taking lady!

Glad you loved our favorite ship- the crew feels like family. Wait til you get back on- hugs and smiles. We see them in Baltimore on Fridays and they are so happy to see us, even on land.

Not to high jack, but IMO , Coco Cay was horrible. Very crowded all around. Tenders - no problem.

Concierges- Francis in Cl and Ruth in DL.

Thanks for the pictures- a nice reminder of a lovely ship.

Good idea to post the Port Canaveral berth- we had bought transportation to town so we could go to a beach but that berth allowed us to walk to Jetty Beach- very nice. Francis got us a refund.

Hope to meet you sometime!

Actually, acting on "inside information" ;) :D I spent every evening down on Deck 6 in the South Pacific Lounge at the Diamond Club with Ruth. What a sweetheart!

Thanks for the photos and comments. We'll be on her for the first time in January. Two questions:

1. You said something about poles in the JS cabins. Which cabins have them?

2. Your fridge was empty - how much of a hassle was it to get that to happen?

Thanks,

Jonathan

I do not have a list of the "pole" cabins. Every now and then, someone on here will mention "My cabin had the pole". All I know is that I saw one about four cabins closer to the elevators than my 8078. But it could have been the 3rd or 5th one, instead.

For Voyager & Freedom class ships, I could tell you absolutely that the only POLE cabins are the corner aft, Deck 10. It's not so easy on Vision class.

Sorry. :(

Funny question about the fridge! That is EXACTLY how it looked when I arrived. Just a few pitiful bottles and cans. The boxes of candy were on the vanity, and I moved them to the shelf behind the chairs, along with the coffee-making equipment.

You can see them, sort of, to the left of the coffee maker in this picture.

JS807814_zpsa9571e55.jpg

ETA: I just did a quick search, and another post stated that 8044 has a pole. On my cruise, 8044 was occupied by friends of mine, and they never mentioned the pole, so I am guessing that it wasn't an issue. :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Love these pictures, my family and I will be on the June 27th cruise with you!! Maybe we'll bump into each other! One question, what days were the formal days?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Nights 2 & 6.

Get yourself over to the (pitifully small) Roll Call and say "howdy".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1946608

And sign up for the Meet 'n' Mingle.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

:D

ahhh i see, i think ill stay on board for florida. but i never been to cocoCay so yeah i hope to get off there.

Hi DannyDriscoll,

When you go to Coco Cay and walk through the shops look for a older gentleman doing art work on glass. I had him do a custom one for me of an Osprey with a fish and he did a great job.

Wendy

MM, thanks for a great thread! Loved our recent Grandeur cruise and booked the same JR suite stateroom for a ten day next April.

No good place to put the coffee maker so we stowed it in one of the cabinets near the door and never used it.

I agree with you about the food but we never went hungry.

Enchantment was also at Coco Cay but it didn't feel that crowded. Then again, we're used to crowds "down the shore." ;)

Desmond cracks me up. Seeing that photo of him reminded me of one thing that to this day I cannot get out of my head (Sailed Grandeur on 11/13):

As he calls for people to signup for bingo he repeats, and repeats, and repeats... "WINNER WINNER Noooooo Chicken Dinner!"

Actually, acting on "inside information" ;) :D I spent every evening down on Deck 6 in the South Pacific Lounge at the Diamond Club with Ruth. What a sweetheart!

"Insider info" jokes aside, was Ruth the reason you selected the DL over the CL? Or were other reasons....location, view, friends, crowding, etc? I'm just curious about the options, though over 14 nights of our B2B we ought to be able to try both.

Thank you Merion Mom for posting all the pictures and information. My DH and I are heading for the Grandeur on Friday for our first cruise on her, so this information could not have come at a better time for us.

Again, thank you so much!

Bev and Ron

Webteach. .from your experience what berth provides the easy walk to Jeatty Beach. Thanks. Joyce

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Forums mobile app

Grandeur entered the cut to the regular port and then did a u-turn and parked away from the other ships- near the entrance from the ocean. From there- easy exit through the parking lot, turn left and walk a lovely nature path right to the beach. Opens up new options to be parked out there- including a public bus that stops nearby.