Impossible

I'm very proud to report that I cruised for seven days and did not gain any weight. The trick to doing that was to moderate consumption, walking (with forearm crutches) on the track an hour every day and NEVER using the elevator. Actually it was not very difficult.

I'm very proud to report that I cruised for seven days and did not gain any weight. The trick to doing that was to moderate consumption, walking (with forearm crutches) on the track an hour every day and NEVER using the elevator. Actually it was not very difficult.

Great job Paul. Moderation and portion control is king!

Yep, same here. Middle-aged female didnt gain an ounce during a 9-nighter over Christmas. Mainly because I loved walking around the walking track on the top deck every day, only had the same number of meals that I have at home and we used the stairs all the time. Plus I didn't over-indulge because it was my first cruise and I was worried about seasickness.

I love the humorous feedback...and much of it is funny because it's not far off of the truth! :)

Food choices are both plentiful and tempting on cruises. Woo Hoo! :D

What has been helpful in our case is that we tend to walk a lot on the ship itself (burning calories of course) - especially when I take by photo-shoot escapades all over the various decks and places on the ship itself. There were some days I walked 2-3 miles just to shoot 10-15 photos at various locations.

All kidding aside...it is a challenge not to indulge fully in all the eating options onboard...like anything else...just pace yourself and moderate a bit...and you should be just fine. The sugar-free options are also tasty and a good aid in reduced calories.

I splurge on cruises - plain and simple. I eat like a horse, and I eat bad food. I'm OK with that. After all, it's 5-7 days of my year.

My wife and I work out all the time, and on the ship, we spent 1 hour per day doing cardio (love the penguins!), we NEVER took the elevator except once when we bought too much stuff on Labadee.

I gained 8 lbs on my last cruise. It's simply something I look forward too, and as unhealthy of a perspective it is - treating myself on a cruise with food is certainly one of the top 5 reasons I love cruising!

For those who eat in moderation on a cruise - that's your choice - just not my cup of tea :D